PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-12-2012, 12:00 AM #211
pykim01
smile

pykim01 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pykim01 posts videos on PbNation
blaahhhh installed mine and shooting 50 fps less than i was with my kush bolt. all the settings stayed the same. any ideas? also shooting at 250 with a +/- of like 20 ..... SMH I HATE THIS ****!
pykim01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-12-2012, 01:06 AM #212
smokefools66
Overkill is underrated

smokefools66 supports Team VICIOUS
smokefools66 supports Team VICIOUS
smokefools66 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by pykim01 View Post
blaahhhh installed mine and shooting 50 fps less than i was with my kush bolt. all the settings stayed the same. any ideas? also shooting at 250 with a +/- of like 20 ..... SMH I HATE THIS ****!
Just a guess, but did you install the valve backwards on accident? That would be my only idea.

smokefools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:03 AM #213
Jack Wood

Annual Supporting Member
Jack Wood is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Jack Wood works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by pykim01 View Post
Take it all out and start again. You've definitely done something wrong during the install.
Jack
Jack Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:47 AM #214
Alvecchio

Alvecchio plays in the PSP
Alvecchio owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Alvecchio owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood

Take it all out and start again. You've definitely done something wrong during the install.
Jack
That or he's trolling hard...
Old 10-12-2012, 06:49 AM #215
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
I just don't know how you can put it in wrong. Never owned and EGO before and got one the other week. Day or two later, got my DART kit and it went in fairly easily if you follow the manual.
Yeah, you have to take most of the marker apart - but hey, you learn a lot too
Old 10-12-2012, 02:28 PM #216
pykim01
smile

pykim01 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pykim01 posts videos on PbNation
nah ive taken plenty of these apart millions of times T.T i just dont get it....most likely its something really simple.

EDIT: blaahhhhh....the valve guide had a cut oring in it. all fixed thanks jack

Last edited by pykim01 : 10-12-2012 at 05:03 PM.
pykim01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:43 AM #217
sebastian aguirre

Does anybody knows where is the phisical restriction to install the DART in egos previous to 11?
sebastian aguirre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:44 AM #218
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian aguirre View Post
Does anybody knows where is the phisical restriction to install the DART in egos previous to 11?
Please read the entire thread - info is in here as to why.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:29 PM #219
DriverJ
Death is Coming...

Annual Supporting Member
DriverJ is BST Legit
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
DriverJ supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jptothetree View Post
My bolt tip orings kept coming off of my cure 4 so i went back to my cure 3... they should make this bolt in the cure 3 style
Cure3+ style Dart bolt yes please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWayz View Post
Please read the entire thread - info is in here as to why.
I just re-read the entire thread just to make sure and unless I missed a huge section, I didn't see any official explanation of why it couldn't be used.

Not saying it can't, but we haven't seen any evidence or a direct reason.

I can do a side by side visual and weight comparison of all parts, but beyond that I couldn't say if everything lines up otherwise. (Only theory I have is noid).

this can all be disregarded if there is an official answer somewhere I missed.
DriverJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:45 PM #220
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
I believe Jack mentioned the speed at which the rammer hits the valve would damage the valve on older models - it isn't designed for that.
Pre 11 Egos were insane with rate of fire - but the 11 has brought it down to smoothness rather than BPS... hence why people say 9/10's fire a LOT faster than an 11.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:20 PM #221
INXS17
SEMI-PRO PLAYER

INXS17 plays in the PSP
INXS17 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
INXS17 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
My DART kit install exp.

So I was reading all through this thread and noticed there was no mention of this kit being installed on a well broken in gun, so here goes:

67,492 shots on my Ego 11 dwell set at 13.5 and the solenoid settings were 3 and 8 ( I play 7 man)
Before the D.A.R.T. kit with these same settings I was chrono'd around 290 -300. +/- 10 with in fps limit. Pretty smooth shooting gun and well broken in.

After installing the D.A.R.T. kit and NOT changing the settings I had the following chrono readings:
317, 314, 311, 305, 321, 317- still had a spike of +/- 10 from highest to lowest FPS. I then adjusted the HPR only to try and get the speed back down to around 300. After doing so my chrono readings were very inconsistent:
288, 288, 297, 294, 304, 292- still had a huge spike in fps.
So I then proceeded to adjust both the HPR and LPR out untill the marker wouldnt fire, for me the LPR screw was about a turn and a half past the LPR cap, and the HPR I kept turning down until air leaked then went back a turn untill it stopped. Obviously it wouldnt even chrono at this point.

So I would repeatedly fire 1 shot over the chrono as I adjusted the HPR pressure higher, when I got to the point where the HPR adjustment no longer gained any FPS I backed it off a 1/4 of a turn. There was still a lot of room to adjust the screw it just was no longer effecting the velocity. I chrono'd and found the consistancy to be a lot better:
276, 278, 278, 274, 276, 277- Even though this is the most consistent it has ever been I could not reach a Higher velocity so I started adjusting the LPR a 1/4 turn at a time while shooting one ball at a time. When I got to 13 turns od 1/4 turn at a time, which is approx. 1 and 3/4 turns in from flush I found the "sweet spot" Chrono'd as follows:
294, 295, 294, 296, 294, 296- Right on the money.
I shot a few loaders through it to make sure there was no shoot down and it stayed consistent. Worked like a champ. It took about 45 mins to do all this and a full caddy of paint but I am very happy with the result. This D.A.R.T. kit DOES what it says it will do, Lower the pressures, reduces the sound a bit and gives you a smoother firing cycle. This is single handidly the best upgrade for the money for an Ego 11 owner or CSL owner hands down.

With some patience and some tuning you will be happy with this kit.

*****ALSO need to mention I am in southern CA, temp. was about 85 degrees and I was using a guerilla tank with a HP reg. These settings might change with a MP or LP or SLP tank. Also every marker is different so it will take some time to get it the way you like it but this worked best for me.
I referred to the reg sweet spotting thread on here to help me with my tuning process.
If you have any questions post or pm and I'll answer the best I can.

LOCKOUT
VALKEN PAINTBALL-CAMP PENDLETON-SHAWN WALKER-P.I.C.PAINTBALL.NET-THE HOOD BAR AND PIZZA
R.I.P. BUSHWACKERS

Last edited by INXS17 : 10-17-2012 at 03:32 PM. Reason: clarification
INXS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:13 PM #222
tniz

tniz owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
tniz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tniz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tniz plays in the APPA D4 division
^^^ nice little write up.

Do you have a custom milled '06 Pevs EGO with a Gruntbull Urban Digi-Camo Ano???
Do you know anyone with a custom milled '06 Pevs EGO with a Gruntbull Urban Digi-Camo Ano???
If so, PM me, would like to buy it back
tniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:40 AM #223
blklight
Battle Rapping

blklight plays in the PSP
blklight plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by INXS17 View Post
So I was reading all through this thread and noticed there was no mention of this kit being installed on a well broken in gun, so here goes:

67,492 shots on my Ego 11 dwell set at 13.5 and the solenoid settings were 3 and 8 ( I play 7 man)
Before the D.A.R.T. kit with these same settings I was chrono'd around 290 -300. +/- 10 with in fps limit. Pretty smooth shooting gun and well broken in.

After installing the D.A.R.T. kit and NOT changing the settings I had the following chrono readings:
317, 314, 311, 305, 321, 317- still had a spike of +/- 10 from highest to lowest FPS. I then adjusted the HPR only to try and get the speed back down to around 300. After doing so my chrono readings were very inconsistent:
So I then proceeded to adjust both the HPR and LPR out untill the marker wouldnt fire, for me the LPR screw was about a turn and a half past the LPR cap, and the HPR I kept turning until air leaked then went back untill it stopped. Obviously it wouldnt even chrono at this point.

So I would repeatedly fire 1 shot over the chrono as I adjusted the HPR pressure higher, when I got to the point where the HPR adjustment no longer gained any FPS I backed it off a 1/4 of a turn. Chrono'd and found the consistancy to be a lot better:
276, 278, 278, 274, 276, 277- Even though this is the most consistent it has ever been I could not reach a Higher velocity so I started adjusting the LPR a 1/4 turn at a time while shooting one ball at a time. When I got to 13 turns which is approx. 1 and 3/4 turns in from flush I found the "sweet spot" Chrono'd as follows:
I shot a few loaders through it to make sure there was no shoot down and it stayed consistent. Worked like a champ. It took about 45 mins to do all this and a full caddy of paint but I am very happy with the result. This D.A.R.T. kit DOES what it says it will do, Lower the pressures, reduces the sound a bit and gives you a smoother firing cycle. This is single handidly the best upgrade for the money for an Ego 11 owner or CSL owner hands down.

*****ALSO need to mention I am in southern CA, temp. was about 85 degrees and I was using a guerilla tank with a HP reg. These settings might change with a MP or LP or SLP tank. Also every marker is different so it will take some time to get it the way you like it but this worked best for me.
I referred to the reg sweet spotting thread on here to help me with my tuning process.
Yea very nice, thanks for info

PAINTBALL CLUB OF CHOCTAW
http://paintballclubofchoctaw.com
blklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:47 AM #224
SouljaboyRI
Keep Calm and Flex On

SouljaboyRI plays in the PSP
SouljaboyRI owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
SouljaboyRI owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:

So I then proceeded to adjust both the HPR and LPR out untill the marker wouldnt fire, for me the LPR screw was about a turn and a half past the LPR cap, and the HPR I kept turning until air leaked then went back untill it stopped. Obviously it wouldnt even chrono at this point.

So I would repeatedly fire 1 shot over the chrono as I adjusted the HPR pressure higher, when I got to the point where the HPR adjustment no longer gained any FPS I backed it off a 1/4 of a turn. Chrono'd and found the consistancy to be a lot better:
276, 278, 278, 274, 276, 277- Even though this is the most consistent it has ever been I could not reach a Higher velocity so I started adjusting the LPR a 1/4 turn at a time while shooting one ball at a time. When I got to 13 turns which is approx. 1 and 3/4 turns in from flush I found the "sweet spot" Chrono'd as follows:

did you ever notice a real sound signature change?
bet csl's are really quiet.
SouljaboyRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:34 PM #225
universal_dave
TIP#001

Annual Supporting Member
universal_dave is playing at Living Legends VII
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
universal_dave has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
universal_dave has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
So, I have a very oddball question.

Since the D.A.R.T. kit replaces parts that aren't just the bolt...is it incompatible with the .50 cal kit?

I get that the bolt between the two kits is different, so you'd have to use the .50 cal bolt...but would the other D.A.R.T. internals need to come out as well?

Anyone know?

Tim2Thousand4 is shady, his word doesn't mean anything. If you had a good experience with him, my opinion is that you got lucky.

GSL | CSL | SLS | SL8R | VCom | G6r | Insight | Victus | Lance #1
universal_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:55 PM #226
Trilogy252

Trilogy252 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Trilogy252 supports Pev's Paintball
Trilogy252 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by universal_dave

Since the D.A.R.T. kit replaces parts that aren't just the bolt...is it incompatible with the .50 cal kit?

I get that the bolt between the two kits is different, so you'd have to use the .50 cal bolt...but would the other D.A.R.T. internals need to come out as well?

Anyone know?
It says to only use the whole kit together not just part of it so I would guess it is incompatible.

Christ comes first! Then paintball!
Trilogy252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:09 PM #227
INXS17
SEMI-PRO PLAYER

INXS17 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tniz View Post
^^^ nice little write up.
thank you

LOCKOUT
VALKEN PAINTBALL-CAMP PENDLETON-SHAWN WALKER-P.I.C.PAINTBALL.NET-THE HOOD BAR AND PIZZA
R.I.P. BUSHWACKERS
Old 10-16-2012, 01:17 PM #228
INXS17
SEMI-PRO PLAYER

INXS17 plays in the PSP
Thanks guys for the thumbs up, and as far as the sound change goes:

The sound is a little bit quieter, but I think it really "changed" the sound from a pop to more of a thud for lack of a better word. It definately doesnt sound like a traditional ego, more along the lines of sounding like a Marq...
Im happy with it, and anyone who takes the time to really dial it in will be also. and most people who will run a 2 and 7 noid setting for psp will probably get it a little quieter still.

I dont have the software to do it but it would be informative to see a digital sound comparison with a graph or numerical display of the actual sound signature comparison.

Bottom line is ------The DART kit IS worth the money!

LOCKOUT
R.I.P. BUSHWACKERS
Old 10-16-2012, 01:30 PM #229
INXS17
SEMI-PRO PLAYER

INXS17 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by universal_dave View Post

Anyone know?
P.E. claims that using any part of the kit without the other COULD possibly damage the marker, I would recommend the LP valve found in the SL's and the Z2 ram, thats probably as close as you can get without possibly damaging anything. The dart kit is essentially a higher flow LP valve guide, a longer and thicker poppit/valve and a cure 4 bolt with the brass insert, a basic cure 4, a Z2 and the LP valve guide would probably give you 75% of what The dart kit gives you. Too bad the bolt doesent work with .50 cal, If it would have taken off they might have made a small dart bolt just for that. Hmmmm something for pooty or Tech T to think about....

LOCKOUT
R.I.P. BUSHWACKERS
Old 10-16-2012, 09:49 PM #230
Kitchen
You know what time it is!

Annual Supporting Member
Kitchen is playing at Living Legends V
Kitchen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Kitchen supports Team VICIOUS
Kitchen posts videos on PbNation
Kitchen has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Kitchen supports DLX Technology
Went from my G6R12 with LP Poppit to a CSL with DART Kit.

CSL now sounds more similar to the G6R rather than a traditional ego.

Love it!

GEAR BAG SALE Make some Offers!
Kitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:54 PM #231
Spazdoc

Annual Supporting Member
Spazdoc is a Supporting Member
Spazdoc plays in the PSP
Spazdoc supports our troops
Spazdoc plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:

First, thank you for the write up. I just have questions about which way you adjusted the HPR and LPR, as I am not sure about a few things:

Quote:
So I then proceeded to adjust both the HPR and LPR out untill the marker wouldnt fire, for me the LPR screw was about a turn and a half past the LPR cap, and the HPR I kept turning until air leaked then went back untill it stopped
Did you turn the pressure up (screwing out) or pressure down (screwing in) to get it to stop firing. Also, when you mean 1.5 turns past the LPR cap, do you mean it was screwed out beyond the LPR, or did you turn the screw all the way in, and then 1.5 turns out?

Quote:
So I would repeatedly fire 1 shot over the chrono as I adjusted the HPR pressure higher, when I got to the point where the HPR adjustment no longer gained any FPS I backed it off a 1/4 of a turn.
So this sentence is why I am confused, since the previous quote stated that you screwed the HPR screw out (high pressure) and here you are increasing pressure further.

Quote:
When I got to 13 turns which is approx. 1 and 3/4 turns in from flush I found the "sweet spot" Chrono'd as follows
Here did you start with the LPR screwed all the way in, and then slowly increasing the pressure (screwing out)?

I am not trying to be an ***, but I would like to know the steps that you took to get it sweetspotted. I have owner Egos for a while, but I have not tinkered with them as much as my cockers.

pics of my markers --- old feedback
I want to Buy a Westwood or P&P Supercocker LE Autococker - Contact me
Gearbag sale - tanks, masks, barrels
Spazdoc is offline   Reply With Quote