Blue Thunder

Team Misfit is playing at Living Legends VII
Team Misfit owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Team Misfit supports Pev's Paintball
Team Misfit is attending Decay of Nations VI
Team Misfit supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil balla 21
My wife didnt understand the game of paintball until i explained the sport to her and showed her things abouts guns and stuff, now she wants to hear all about me and my sons day at the paintball field and check out the battle scars we got that day...so awesome!!
Noice..your a good father My father goes every now and then. I would love to have a dad that would go any time.
56/45 Empire Ultra Light Tank
Indianapolis Mutiny New England Hurricane Portland Uprising
Dorito Player | Blue Thunder
Team Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-15-2012, 12:29 PM #86
comegetsome123

I agree with most of this fourm. Paintball needs to have more sportsmanship. I used to be that 15 cocky guy until i grew up and realized what i jerk i was. Now its annoying to hear other kids do it.

Watching paintball is a drag. If people could make bigger moves that would get the spectators pumped then it would be more fun to watch. Maybe not limiting the amount of paint you can carry out put lower the firing rate. I just went to a tournament (for beginners) and the speed was set at 13.3 bps ramp mode. that is a still a unnessary amount of paint to shoot. that is a hopper in less than 15 seconds. They would go thro pod after pod. Our 3 man team took out teams with using half a hopper each. We just played more aggressive and didnt shoot when we didnt need to. Ramp mode needs to go. If you can pull the trigger 100 times a second then go for it. I think if you got the skill it should be allowed on the field. but allowing the gun to do the work for you is not cool. Also teams could change up their strategy. instead of shoot shoot shoot it could be more getting the angles. but i guess that would come with allowing less paint to be fired per second or allowing less on the field.

And paintballs are EXPENSIVE!! that is the one thing that makes me really hestaite to paly. i cant really afford 70 a case knowing that it proably doesnt cost then a penny for each paintball to make. but that is me assuming.

Fields need to be set up for more moves and bigger plays. If you watch football the best parts are like kick off returns for TDS or something like that.

So i guess in summary no ramp, maybe less paint allowed on the field, allow for bigger plays, change in attitude, cheaper paintballs.

I also dont understand how ppl can find nascar fun but not paintball, or worse than nascar is golf.

Another thing have the fans relate more to the teams. Football for example ppl are upsest with their favorite teams. If teams were easier to follow like stats and stuff than ppl may watch them more or want to mroe. And only 4 events a year. id forget to watch an event. Even when there was 6 a year that is still not enough. you have 13 football games a regular season then palyoffs then the superbowl. So maybe do something like that with paintball.. idk how exactly to do that but something maybe like that. just like it does come down to a championchip every tournament then it restarts next tournament but like a continous one throughout a period of time. idk just an idea.

But ya sorry its so scattered but change of attitude for player (fields (tournaments and walkon fields) stop allowing so many bonus balls and cussing and stuff, lower the BPS or paintball allowed on the field (makes for more moves and teams accutally having to strategize other than shoot), cheaper paintballs (i understand its the fields way of making money but the company that accutally makes paintballs if its possble), and have it where people can find a favorite team and follow them throught the year or something more than 4 events ( i know that would cost a lot of money but if you get the audience to want to start paying hten you could pay players or something) gotta start somewhere i guess.

These are just my ideas, i know i can be wrong so no need to go on bashing about it.
comegetsome123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:33 AM #87
byarosh201

They gotta bring back some of the bigger style bunkers, these new ones are too small and really limit what you can do on the field. It also locks certain players into certain rolls based on size.

I personally play snake and I'm not a big dude(5'10, 195lbs) and I find it hard to squeeze behind the small can sometimes. Bring back setups from the early 2000's they promoted more movement and allowed more options.

The sport today has it setup so you only have one or 2 strategies. That gets boring.
byarosh201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:22 AM #88
Foxxx101

Dad thought the same way. PB was for kids. I bought my first marker and he watch me test it on a pice of cardboard. His eyes lit up when it went straight through it and heard the smack ont he wall behind it.
Foxxx101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:52 AM #89
buLLetprooF_EBJ
JBE

People dont have the cash just to blow on Paintball's overpriced equipment.
buLLetprooF_EBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:50 PM #90
peacob

peacob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
peacob supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by comegetsome123 View Post
I agree with most of this fourm. Paintball needs to have more sportsmanship. I used to be that 15 cocky guy until i grew up and realized what i jerk i was. Now its annoying to hear other kids do it.

Watching paintball is a drag. If people could make bigger moves that would get the spectators pumped then it would be more fun to watch. Maybe not limiting the amount of paint you can carry out put lower the firing rate. I just went to a tournament (for beginners) and the speed was set at 13.3 bps ramp mode. that is a still a unnessary amount of paint to shoot. that is a hopper in less than 15 seconds. They would go thro pod after pod. Our 3 man team took out teams with using half a hopper each. We just played more aggressive and didnt shoot when we didnt need to. Ramp mode needs to go. If you can pull the trigger 100 times a second then go for it. I think if you got the skill it should be allowed on the field. but allowing the gun to do the work for you is not cool. Also teams could change up their strategy. instead of shoot shoot shoot it could be more getting the angles. but i guess that would come with allowing less paint to be fired per second or allowing less on the field.

And paintballs are EXPENSIVE!! that is the one thing that makes me really hestaite to paly. i cant really afford 70 a case knowing that it proably doesnt cost then a penny for each paintball to make. but that is me assuming.

Fields need to be set up for more moves and bigger plays. If you watch football the best parts are like kick off returns for TDS or something like that.

So i guess in summary no ramp, maybe less paint allowed on the field, allow for bigger plays, change in attitude, cheaper paintballs.

I also dont understand how ppl can find nascar fun but not paintball, or worse than nascar is golf.

Another thing have the fans relate more to the teams. Football for example ppl are upsest with their favorite teams. If teams were easier to follow like stats and stuff than ppl may watch them more or want to mroe. And only 4 events a year. id forget to watch an event. Even when there was 6 a year that is still not enough. you have 13 football games a regular season then palyoffs then the superbowl. So maybe do something like that with paintball.. idk how exactly to do that but something maybe like that. just like it does come down to a championchip every tournament then it restarts next tournament but like a continous one throughout a period of time. idk just an idea.

But ya sorry its so scattered but change of attitude for player (fields (tournaments and walkon fields) stop allowing so many bonus balls and cussing and stuff, lower the BPS or paintball allowed on the field (makes for more moves and teams accutally having to strategize other than shoot), cheaper paintballs (i understand its the fields way of making money but the company that accutally makes paintballs if its possble), and have it where people can find a favorite team and follow them throught the year or something more than 4 events ( i know that would cost a lot of money but if you get the audience to want to start paying hten you could pay players or something) gotta start somewhere i guess.

These are just my ideas, i know i can be wrong so no need to go on bashing about it.
I agree with most of what is said. For one, i hate nascar... what could be more boring than cars going in a circle. I LOVE touring car racing, but NASCAR bores the **** out of me... And personally Golf>Nascar

Aside from that, the one thing i dont completely agree on is the BPS. I think anything under 15bps is fine. Being able to shoot that fast is to provide cover for front players to move up. So, for those couple players on the team, they do need to sit back and shoot pod after pod to suppress the other team.

Everything else is spot on