Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 06:46 PM #211
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex_mania View Post
Honestly, I'd prolly just stay on the fz if I were you. Maybe take the money you arent spending on the str on tools to chop on the fz and brutalize that thing. Remove that quarter fairing and put a plain headlight up there, led turns, maybe even rake it? Plus to that would be learning how to do that **** so later on you could do it to another bike (i.e.; an aprilia tuono)

Id love to have a naked street bike to chop. All the ones I've seen are sick.
what do you mean by "rake" it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Spore View Post

this would make an excellent learner's 250.

eh..

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicbadgerman View Post
I'm looking for the cruiser riding position. There have been lots of 80's 450-550 yamaha/honda/suzuki's showing up on craigslist lately, mostly from the 80's dirt cheap.

I'm not looking for crazy performance, obviously since I'm looking at 250's, but I would like something that's at least decently fun to ride.

and the ninja I rode was an '06 or '05, I don't remember which, it was a buddy's.
Does not compute, but I think I can help. The bikes you speak of standards or "UJM" type bikes like milky spore mentioned. They put your feet underneath you (as god intended...you have much more control over the bike), cruisers generally put your feet out in front of you a bit

I think the GS500 suzuki is exactly what you're looking for. They are physically larger than the 250. More comfortable and they a little more power. They were made from 1989 until 2009, so you can find them in good shape instead of getting something that's been rusting in a barn. And they're cheap.

Perfect commuter bike for a first motorcycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicbadgerman View Post
I won't be going faster than probably 55.
lol yeah that wont happen. i speed for safety
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-14-2012, 07:49 PM #212
automagwarrior

has been a member for 10 years
automagwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Of all the bikes I've had, I miss my GS the most. It was perfect to commute on. Enough power to pass and have fun, bullet proof motor, old design and simple technology and easy to customize.

Went riding with the g/f today.

Old 10-14-2012, 11:09 PM #213
Flyersfan707
Bo$$ hog

Annual Supporting Member
Not a fan of a fender eliminators? I thought you had slip on's too? Maybe that's someone else with an fz6 here.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:47 PM #214
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by automagwarrior View Post
hahahaha ct gas prices.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:37 AM #215
SmALLNipples
.haH.

Had my xr for a month now and ive already put 1400 miles on it, I see alot of maintence in my future
Old 10-15-2012, 01:57 PM #216
automagwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan707 View Post
Not a fan of a fender eliminators? I thought you had slip on's too? Maybe that's someone else with an fz6 here.
My fender eliminator = cutting the plastic **** off below the plate and call it done.

I had slip on's for most of the summer. They were obnoxious so I took them off. I work funny hours and didn't want to be ripping down my country roads and pissing everyone off at 3:15 in the morning on my way in.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:26 PM #217
atomicbadgerman
bewb

When I said 55 was about the fastest I would go, I pretty much meant it. Where I live hasn't widened/updated the roads in 30+ years. Our population has gone from about 50k to 150+ I spend more time stopped on my commute than I do moving.

Sure, I'd like to go faster on cruises on back roads, which is why I asked if there were better options.

Current Car: Centrifugally Turbo-charged 2008 V4 ford.

Also, I have a stock Maxima. It runs 12's
Old 10-15-2012, 03:28 PM #218
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

gs500 is the answer
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."
Old 10-15-2012, 03:48 PM #219
automagwarrior

Agreed, for the second time. Cheap, easy, fun.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:48 PM #220
tex_mania
BSA Support

tex_mania plays in the PSP
tex_mania owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tex_mania plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyDuckGizmo View Post
what do you mean by "rake" it?
I mean change the angle of the rake on the bike. Adding to the rake, specifically, by changing the angle and length of the front forks. Moving the front wheel farther away from the frame. De-raking a motorcycle is shortening that angle and length, moving the front wheel closer to the frame. As that bike sits more like a sport bike, you can't de-rake realistically. So stretching it is the only way to change the stance. I've seen some pretty neat looking raked buells and even a duc here and there. Ill see if I can find pics later.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:13 PM #221
tex_mania
BSA Support

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...%3Disch&itbs=1

Don't know if this link will work; im on my phone. But it's a duc monster I believe, with a huge rake.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:24 PM #222
automagwarrior

Not to be a douche but why in christ name would you even suggest i do that to an fz6?
Old 10-15-2012, 05:27 PM #223
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex_mania View Post
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...%3Disch&itbs=1

Don't know if this link will work; im on my phone. But it's a duc monster I believe, with a huge rake.
ya, let's chop our head tubes off and re-weld them back on at a less-than-ideal angle. great plan! i mean there's always lowering or raising the forks. anything else requires you chopping off the head tube. lowering or raising the forks isn't going to change the angle that drastically.

i don't think that the image you posted is even a real machine. looks like a CG image to me. i'm not saying people haven't raked out the fronts on bikes such as that, but the image you posted doesn't look real whatsoever. that has to be fake. i don't even see a head tube on the bike. and i don't see how those forks could even work remotely well at such an angle.

Last edited by Milky Spore : 10-15-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:52 PM #224
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

that's pretty much what i was getting at. figured he was trolling or something lol.

Old 10-15-2012, 06:54 PM #225
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

this thread is about rakes.

discuss
Old 10-15-2012, 07:24 PM #226
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

NoelyDeezNutz plays in the USPL
NoelyDeezNutz plays in the PSP
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoelyDeezNutz is a top reviewer
Tis real...
http://themotolady.com/post/48484992...monsterchopper
Old 10-15-2012, 07:53 PM #227
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

dear god...someone should be punched in the face.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:44 AM #228
tex_mania
BSA Support

Its real. Im not saying go that drastic with it. Just something different.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:19 PM #229
binaryterror
Static?

binaryterror is a Supporting Member
last race of the season is now over, got 2 2nd places and managed to get 2nd place in the championship. most likely getting bumped up to an expert license for next season! woot i am pumped!

“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.” – Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-16-2012, 02:02 PM #230
automagwarrior

congrats man. it is shocking how quickly you have progressed.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:03 PM #231
binaryterror
Static?

binaryterror is a Supporting Member
thanks man, here are a few pics from the race

“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.” – Thomas Jefferson
Closed Thread