PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-14-2012, 03:42 PM #652
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team.Infected View Post
The way his bolt and the axe in general works you need to have a good paint-barrel match to be consistent over the chrono. Something about paint needs to seal well with the barrel so the bolt can get the right amount of pressure... Something along those lines but I don't remember or know exactily.
You pretty much have it, I think. The underbore creates more of a seal, which makes more pressure, which pushes the ball out at a higher velocity.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:46 PM #653
ninjagummibear69

ninjagummibear69 plays in the PSP
ninjagummibear69 plays in the APPA D3 division
I was shooting a .684 ultralite with paint that had slight resistance in a .689 back.
ninjagummibear69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:52 PM #654
private_silver
Fire and Forget.

private_silver is an NCPA player
private_silver plays in the APPA D5 division
I rarely use anything larger than a .679 unless it's either raining/humid as **** honestly
Crossfire 68/45 w/ Stealth
private_silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:15 PM #655
ninjagummibear69

Ok I'll try that but how does one bolt shoot at 140psi with same settings paint and barrel. And I can't get the infamous bolt to chrono over 220 with around 220 psi. I don't think it's the barrel or not being underbored enough. I just want to figure it out I like boss products.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:34 PM #656
njkiller66
contract killer

njkiller66 supports DLX Technology
Running an infamous bolt with .685 barrel dwell at 4 and back cap 1.5 turns out medium spring but I can't get the pressure under 190 any ideas? Thought maybe the reg?
Meadowlands paintball
RAZA LIFE
njkiller66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:08 PM #657
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

.685 is more like a paint to barrel match these days. A true underbore is more like .678 - .682
Old 10-14-2012, 06:48 PM #658
mfarmy

mfarmy plays in the PSP
mfarmy plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER
.685 is more like a paint to barrel match these days. A true underbore is more like .678 - .682
Yah it's true, I used a .680 with valken fate this weekend

AsylumTrueballers
Paintball Asylum
Torres Productions
mfarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:52 PM #659
eatafetus
knows you love it.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
eatafetus supports our troops
eatafetus plays in the APPA D5 division
eatafetus is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
eatafetus is Legendary
eatafetus supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss33 View Post
I can say Drew Templeton's gun was running 3 ms dwell, 1.5 turns out on the back cap, short spring and 122 PSI, chronoing in the upper 290's. Not one broken ball all weekend.
Shot my axe for the first time today. I used these settings with a .685 freak, thinking I would need to tweak everything a bit. Was using year old marbs.

Shot exactly like you said...294 to 297 consistently, amazing performance. I don't want to touch it in case I ruin it.
eatafetus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:27 PM #660
TheBoss33

TheBoss33 is a Supporting Member
TheBoss33 is All In
TheBoss33 is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjagummibear69 View Post
Ok I'll try that but how does one bolt shoot at 140psi with same settings paint and barrel. And I can't get the infamous bolt to chrono over 220 with around 220 psi. I don't think it's the barrel or not being underbored enough. I just want to figure it out I like boss products.
Is it possible the the rear o-ring are not in the correct places? Small o-ring at the rear with the larger o-ring in fornt of that.
TheBoss33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:00 PM #661
Team.Infected
Beast Coast

Team.Infected supports Team VICIOUS
Team.Infected posts videos on PbNation
Team.Infected plays in the APPA D4 division
Team.Infected supports Empire
Quote:
Also I tried to read through here but i didn't see a thorough or exact/detonate answer. Only speculation or unsure experiences

So I'm asking what spring should I use...
-smoothest shot
-least kick
-efficient enough for a hopper + 4-5 pods

Lmk! I'm excited to use this!... Ill be putting a new battery in and have a freak so I can underbore and I know what the recommend settings are.
Can someone please answer this question so I can begin tweaking the gun once it's broken in!

I used it today with the reg set around 150. The bolt made a noticeable difference. Not an extreme change yet but it clearly was an improvement, I know it wil take time to break in and tweak a little.
Shot 295-300 consistently with a few spikes down to 250 and 311 but I'm guessing that's because it needs to break in? Otherwise very consistent

Thanks for VERY fast delivery and an awesome product! I am in the process of convincing my teammates to upgrade, one has a boss axe! Lucky guy lol? But we have won axes quite a few times so there might be a few orders coming your way boss
Team.Infected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:25 AM #662
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Infected, read the tuning sticky at the top of the Axe forum.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:17 PM #663
Team.Infected
Beast Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
Infected, read the tuning sticky at the top of the Axe forum.
I read and know how to tune it.. just wondering which spring would be best/if there is a difference/effect
Old 10-15-2012, 12:51 PM #664
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Oh. Well, the longer the spring the more tension it will have. The more tension the spring has, the softer the shot will be.

However, this will affect efficiency a bit because more pressure is required to fully cycle the bolt if it has more tension pushing back.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:52 PM #665
liverlip

Annual Supporting Member
I liked the long spring when I had it. I value a smooth, quiet shot more than efficiency though.

][nvert User IS A THIEF
liverlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:52 PM #666
Team.Infected
Beast Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
Oh. Well, the longer the spring the more tension it will have. The more tension the spring has, the softer the shot will be.

However, this will affect efficiency a bit because more pressure is required to fully cycle the bolt if it has more tension pushing back.
I see... so the shorter spring is going to have more kick but be more efficient?
the longer spring will be better on paint and have a smoother shot? But less efficiency?

For efficiency all I really need is 4 pods and a hopper, as long as I can get that Im fine. I would like to have a smoother shot and the ability to play without making a margarita in my barrel then get 6+ pods a game.

Because the long spring is stiffer does that mean it will need more time to break in? About how many cases does it take to break in (I know this cant really be answered but if you have a vague idea... or I can just shoot till I see the velocity rise and I will know it is starting to break in)
Old 10-15-2012, 03:09 PM #667
ninjagummibear69

I'll try swapping the orings next weekend and see how that goes. Thankyou
Old 10-15-2012, 06:29 PM #668
TheBoss33

TheBoss33 is All In
TheBoss33 is All In
Quote:
I see... so the shorter spring is going to have more kick but be more efficient?
the longer spring will be better on paint and have a smoother shot? But less efficiency?

For efficiency all I really need is 4 pods and a hopper, as long as I can get that Im fine. I would like to have a smoother shot and the ability to play without making a margarita in my barrel then get 6+ pods a game.

Because the long spring is stiffer does that mean it will need more time to break in? About how many cases does it take to break in (I know this cant really be answered but if you have a vague idea... or I can just shoot till I see the velocity rise and I will know it is starting to break in)
Put the fragile paint o-ring at the rear of the bolt, run the dwell about 9ms and use the long spring. That should be the smoothest setup and handle the is very fragile.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:19 PM #669
MattNasty

OK, my axe is pretty new and has less than 5 cases through it. this weekend i had a chance to play and i really didn't get a better shot on the chrono or on the field. stock barrel and bolt the marker would shot within 5fps with a random spike or drop. but with the rec setting the marker was shooting about 300-305 short spring, so that was good. was wondering is i should at that point tune by the reg or the back cap? marker shot best with a .684 but idk.

set up:
freak kit, tried-679,682,684
infamous bolt
dwell 3.0
short spring
150 psi
fresh box of redemption
Old 10-15-2012, 08:18 PM #670
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattNasty View Post
OK, my axe is pretty new and has less than 5 cases through it. this weekend i had a chance to play and i really didn't get a better shot on the chrono or on the field. stock barrel and bolt the marker would shot within 5fps with a random spike or drop. but with the rec setting the marker was shooting about 300-305 short spring, so that was good. was wondering is i should at that point tune by the reg or the back cap? marker shot best with a .684 but idk.

set up:
freak kit, tried-679,682,684
infamous bolt
dwell 3.0
short spring
150 psi
fresh box of redemption
Are you saying you don't like the shot, or you couldn't notice a difference between the Boss and Stock bolt? You might want to use the long spring instead, it will give you a softer shot IIRC.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:16 PM #671
MattNasty

the differnece in grouping wasn't any diff but the kick was def redused in half which that was a plus. with rec settings, it was at 300fps. was wondering if i should adj with the back cap or at the reg?
Old 10-15-2012, 10:44 PM #672
TheBoss33

TheBoss33 is All In
TheBoss33 is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattNasty View Post
the differnece in grouping wasn't any diff but the kick was def redused in half which that was a plus. with rec settings, it was at 300fps. was wondering if i should adj with the back cap or at the reg?
Drop the reg pressure a little to drop your velocity. Really should be making all of your velocity changes with the reg.