Old 10-14-2012, 01:49 PM #1
Necrogen98
:D

Necrogen98 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Necrogen98 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Necrogen98 supports Empire
09 Solenoid not getting enough power?

Hey all,

I am having a problem with the solenoid in my 09 Ego. With the frame off and the gun aired up I can hear a tiny, tiny leak from the noid. It is coming from the small pinhole on the magnet coil at the front of the pilot valve and noid wires, barely perceptible. It's been there for a while and the gun shot fine, however when I went to shoot it today the gun would not cycle.

During troubleshooting I determined that the noid was clicking, however it seems much quieter than normal and I cannot hear the noid piston moving, just the magnet. Noid is clean inside and out. Reg pressures are appropriate and I have the marker aired up. Ive tried like 20 bucks worth of new batteries too. It seems as if the noid is getting enough power to click but not to actually move the piston. All wires look fine.

Was there a large incidence of solenoid failure in the 09s? Could the leak and new problem be related? Time for a new noid or pilot valve and start from scratch?

Thanks guys!

Ego 9 / DM7 / JOLE Blackout________________Bunker Mafia________________ NotSoLucky

Last edited by Necrogen98 : 10-14-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Necrogen98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-14-2012, 04:59 PM #2
Necrogen98
:D

Necrogen98 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Necrogen98 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Necrogen98 supports Empire
Played around with it a little more and I'm thinking that my pilot valve is probably bad. It seems to be having a very hard time moving, and is still leaking. I also took the pins out of my connectors and checked that contact is being made along the entire electrical circuit.

Ego 9 / DM7 / JOLE Blackout________________Bunker Mafia________________ NotSoLucky
Necrogen98 is offline   Reply With Quote