Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 04:50 PM #1492
liverlip

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas11j View Post
I have an SLP reg and an adjustable ninja reg. the SLP is on a 68/45 and adjustable on a 45/45. I want to swap them without going threw the pain of removing the entire reg. can i swap only the top and internals? So putting an SLP internals and top on an adjustable regs bottom (part with fill nipple and gauge)
That is more work than swapping the regs.

][nvert User IS A THIEF
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2012, 09:56 PM #1493
dak22

dak22 is playing at Living Legends VII
Rob, first of all let me say it was a pleasure playing with both you and Gino on Sunday at CvsZ; however, we lost . Hopefully next year wll be different .

Anyway I'm thinking of purchasing a new ninja tank as well as a friend. This is going to be his first tank; so is there any way we could identify the bad batches that were somehow released months ago? It's not that I don't trust ninja's CS, but it would be disheartening to see someone's first tank end up like some of the pics in this thread.

If anyone can help, I would appreciate it as well. I apologize if it was mentioned in the thread but I can't find it.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:18 PM #1494
HL7

Ninja Bottle Warranty

Hi,

Is the Ninja Bottle Warranty program still valid if I am not the original purchaser of the tank? The tank's born on date is 02/12. Thanks.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:21 AM #1495
Rob @ Ninja PB

Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by dak22 View Post
Rob, first of all let me say it was a pleasure playing with both you and Gino on Sunday at CvsZ; however, we lost . Hopefully next year wll be different .

Anyway I'm thinking of purchasing a new ninja tank as well as a friend. This is going to be his first tank; so is there any way we could identify the bad batches that were somehow released months ago? It's not that I don't trust ninja's CS, but it would be disheartening to see someone's first tank end up like some of the pics in this thread.

If anyone can help, I would appreciate it as well. I apologize if it was mentioned in the thread but I can't find it.
haha that big game was a blast!! I had a LOT of fun running around out there with you guys!

In regards to the bad batches of gel coat, those were mostly on tanks with born on dates between 3/12 or 4/12 and 7/12. If you happen to get one that cracks, you can always send it in to have the new gel coat applied at no charge to you (bottle mfr pays for shipping both ways).

The thing is, its not a Ninja-specific issue. I encourage you to go out to google.com and type in "cracked pure energy tank", "cracked guerrilla air tanks", "cracked Empire tank", etc and you will see just about every manufacturer can run into this issue.
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 10-10-2012, 10:22 AM #1496
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by HL7 View Post
Hi,

Is the Ninja Bottle Warranty program still valid if I am not the original purchaser of the tank? The tank's born on date is 02/12. Thanks.
yes sir In fact, I've seen some used ninja tanks with a crack in it up for sale for dirt cheap. I think the original owners just aren't aware of the program or haven't contacted us for help.
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 10-10-2012, 01:39 PM #1497
dak22

dak22 is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
haha that big game was a blast!! I had a LOT of fun running around out there with you guys!

In regards to the bad batches of gel coat, those were mostly on tanks with born on dates between 3/12 or 4/12 and 7/12. If you happen to get one that cracks, you can always send it in to have the new gel coat applied at no charge to you (bottle mfr pays for shipping both ways).

The thing is, its not a Ninja-specific issue. I encourage you to go out to google.com and type in "cracked pure energy tank", "cracked guerrilla air tanks", "cracked Empire tank", etc and you will see just about every manufacturer can run into this issue.
Of course I wasn't implying it was a specific issue to ninja (every manufacturer regardless of their product is potentially liable to something like this). I was just trying to get info when an odd situation arises. IMO, a bad batch is such a situation.

Again I trust you guys, but I'm a believer of avoiding a situation before it can occur. If PE, for example, said that markers with serial numbers xxxyy to xxxzz had potential issues, I would take their advice seriously and try not to get markers with one. Of course that wouldn't mean the marker wouldn't encounter issues, however it would be not out of the ordinary.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:22 PM #1498
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak22 View Post
Of course I wasn't implying it was a specific issue to ninja (every manufacturer regardless of their product is potentially liable to something like this). I was just trying to get info when an odd situation arises. IMO, a bad batch is such a situation.

Again I trust you guys, but I'm a believer of avoiding a situation before it can occur. If PE, for example, said that markers with serial numbers xxxyy to xxxzz had potential issues, I would take their advice seriously and try not to get markers with one. Of course that wouldn't mean the marker wouldn't encounter issues, however it would be not out of the ordinary.
Definitely understandable. I would do the same thing if I knew a manufacturer was having issues with a certain product. Very smart.
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 10-10-2012, 09:32 PM #1499
LiL_NguyeN707

LiL_NguyeN707 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
LiL_NguyeN707 plays in the APPA D4 division
Hey, i recently got a Red Ninja "Bob White" tank in a deal. Any kinda of info u guys can give me about it? its basically new, no real wear or anything on it besides some small marks on the bonnet.

Old 10-10-2012, 10:17 PM #1500
DuckDownItsPaint

DuckDownItsPaint has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Looks like the standard adjustable regulator. 68CU @4500 PSI
Born date: June 2011
Old 10-10-2012, 10:34 PM #1501
LiL_NguyeN707

oh sorry, i meant to clarify. I really wanted to know who "Bob White" was/what he meant.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:01 PM #1502
DuckDownItsPaint

Quick Google Search found this.

https://www.facebook.com/BOBWHITEPAINTBALL

It appears that the tank may have been owned by a member of the team.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:25 PM #1503
LiL_NguyeN707

huh, i really should have done that before i posted here...

Now the question is, is is possible to get my bonnet other ninja engraved w/ a design, or would i have to buy a bulk supply/be sponsored/etc by ninja to get that done?
Old 10-11-2012, 03:00 AM #1504
pbhonduras

Hey! First of all I'm glad to see how efficient and good your CS and that my next buy will be backed up by people like you.

That being said I would like to ask you something. I'm currently living in Honduras and I'm having a one-week trip to Iowa from de 14th throughout de 21st of october. I'm interested in buying a 68/45 Pro Ninja Tank but as you may know for me to travel back to my country I'll have to take apart the whole regulator from the tank to assure security personal that the tank is not pressurized at the moment. I wont be able to send it to you because i think it won't be ready in time (Remember I live in Honduras and I have a tournament on the 3rd next month). So I will be doing it by myself. From what I've read the best way to do it is by heating up the tank neck with a blow dryer and removing it with by strapping a strap wrench. I would like to know if you have any advice or a preferred method for this type of things?
Old 10-11-2012, 10:36 AM #1505
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL_NguyeN707 View Post
huh, i really should have done that before i posted here...

Now the question is, is is possible to get my bonnet other ninja engraved w/ a design, or would i have to buy a bulk supply/be sponsored/etc by ninja to get that done?
BOB White is a scenario team based out of Nebraska that plays UWL (Ultimate Woodsball League). They came onboard as a Ninja sponsored team at the end of last season. This is a custom team regulator that we built and made only for their team. You basically have a very limited edition BOB White team regulator. I want to say maybe about 15-20 total were made with that logo. They have men and women playing on the team and just an all around good group of people. I'm proud to say we support them.

In order to get a bonnet laser engraved, you have to be a Ninja store or field or sponsored team and there are setup fee's and minimum order requirements involved. Its not something that we offer to the public.
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 10-11-2012, 10:42 AM #1506
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbhonduras View Post
Hey! First of all I'm glad to see how efficient and good your CS and that my next buy will be backed up by people like you.

That being said I would like to ask you something. I'm currently living in Honduras and I'm having a one-week trip to Iowa from de 14th throughout de 21st of october. I'm interested in buying a 68/45 Pro Ninja Tank but as you may know for me to travel back to my country I'll have to take apart the whole regulator from the tank to assure security personal that the tank is not pressurized at the moment. I wont be able to send it to you because i think it won't be ready in time (Remember I live in Honduras and I have a tournament on the 3rd next month). So I will be doing it by myself. From what I've read the best way to do it is by heating up the tank neck with a blow dryer and removing it with by strapping a strap wrench. I would like to know if you have any advice or a preferred method for this type of things?
If you are buying the Ninja system here in the U.S. when you visit, have the place you purchase it from remove the regulator for you or if they have to order it for you, you can request them to order it with the regulator NOT installed on the bottle.

On our regulators, you will need 18ft lbs of reverse torque to break it loose enough to unscrew from the bottle if you decide to do it yourself.
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 10-11-2012, 01:18 PM #1507
pbhonduras

Quote:
If you are buying the Ninja system here in the U.S. when you visit, have the place you purchase it from remove the regulator for you or if they have to order it for you, you can request them to order it with the regulator NOT installed on the bottle.

On our regulators, you will need 18ft lbs of reverse torque to break it loose enough to unscrew from the bottle if you decide to do it yourself.
Thank you for the rapid response Rob! I'm actually excited on having such a CS backing up my tank!

As for my situation, I'm buying the tank online from ansgear and I asked them if they could provide me the service and they said that because of company policy the had to ship the tank on factory conditions.

So I think I'll have to do it on my own. Would it help heating the tank neck a little bit to break loose the loctite. If so, would the heat damage the coating in some way?
Old 10-11-2012, 05:21 PM #1508
sokopath
Kitty Amazing

Annual Supporting Member
sokopath is Legendary
sokopath supports Empire
hey rob, just picked up this tank of ebay, and there was a little more damage than said in the description. is this something that could be fixed, or is it a bit more serious? i've already contacted the seller, but in case i get stuck with it, i want to know my options...

Old 10-11-2012, 05:45 PM #1509
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbhonduras View Post
Thank you for the rapid response Rob! I'm actually excited on having such a CS backing up my tank!

As for my situation, I'm buying the tank online from ansgear and I asked them if they could provide me the service and they said that because of company policy the had to ship the tank on factory conditions.

So I think I'll have to do it on my own. Would it help heating the tank neck a little bit to break loose the loctite. If so, would the heat damage the coating in some way?
no prob, we're happy to help!

I would not recommend using heat or any other tools that we do not use. We dont use strap wrenches. We use the custom socket but unfortunately, it can't be sold. Do you have a store or field in your country that might be able to remove the regulator for you if its shipping from ANS to your country? I know there are players that have used the blow dryer technique and straps wrenches but I dont know if you'll be able to apply the 18 ft lbs. of reverse torque to loosen the reg using this method. Best to take it to a pro shop or field to have them do it so the regulator does not get damaged.
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 10-11-2012, 06:01 PM #1510
pbhonduras

Quote:
no prob, we're happy to help!

I would not recommend using heat or any other tools that we do not use. We dont use strap wrenches. We use the custom socket but unfortunately, it can't be sold. Do you have a store or field in your country that might be able to remove the regulator for you if its shipping from ANS to your country? I know there are players that have used the blow dryer technique and straps wrenches but I dont know if you'll be able to apply the 18 ft lbs. of reverse torque to loosen the reg using this method. Best to take it to a pro shop or field to have them do it so the regulator does not get damaged.
Yes in my country I have located a shop that would be capable of removing it. But the problem is the tank won't arrive on time for my tournament I've had packages from them getting to me from around a month or month an half.

I'll do my best hopefully I'll be successful. Thank you very much!!
Old 10-11-2012, 10:33 PM #1511
DuckDownItsPaint

Worst case scenario, you can buy a tank right before the tournament and then sell it right after you're done with the tournament.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:12 AM #1512
w028bjm
PBforlife28

w028bjm is for the Gunfight
w028bjm is an NCPA player
w028bjm plays in the APPA D4 division
If there were two red shims and three silver in my ultralight reg, what should I remove to get the output pressure around 500-550?
Closed Thread