Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2012, 04:00 PM #1
NastE-imp
 
 
NastE-imp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: On a boat
NastE-imp has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Cmon GoG,

I was the biggest SP fan when I played before quitting in 06. I stayed ever so faithful to SP even up to my untimely temporary retirement. Since getting back into the game I decided to get an 09 impulse to remain loyal, and stay at a competitive level. Also knowing GoG is SP and would have the ability to tech/repair it,it was a sure purchase, or so I thought.

I was told by head tech Keith, that the 09 valve core's would be in by summer and to call back next month(mind you this is in April '12). So I called back the next month just to check in, and they were still out. I didn't expect them to be in until summer as I was initially told, but I kept checking in like they told me to do, at the times the told me to do it.

Soon, they began to not tell me to call back at a certain time to check in. So I check in at my own discretion about every 2 weeks. I kept calling until one day, without explanation, I was told to," just call GI Milsim" (which by the way, doesn't have a number) as if I was bothering them. So pretty much all that calling just be told at the end, to try someone else? ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Does SP/GoG not realize at people who own the 09 impulse, own them for a reason? It's not a mistake that they own these rare markers. They own them because they are loyal! And wanted their hands on a great piece of history. So why the epic runaround for SP's most loyal customers?!?!?!? Why can't you just make corrective valve core's like you said you would!?!?!?!
__________________
Paintball Barn

NastE-imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2012, 05:28 PM #2
NastE-imp
 
 
NastE-imp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: On a boat
NastE-imp has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-r0ck-1489
Im surprised gog didnt try buying your 09 imp off of you. They have been trying to "kill" the 09 imp since they opened there doors. you may be abke to "repair" your valve; i dont remember the procedure, but i'm sure its floating around the interwebs.
No, im well aware of the mod's, but I'd rather have the right fix.

It's not like they wouldn't make money off of them.

And it's dlx that offers the credit for the 09 imp
__________________
Paintball Barn

NastE-imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:45 AM #3
blackrain
 
 
blackrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Belfair,Wa
blackrain is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
blackrain supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by NastE-imp View Post
No, im well aware of the mod's, but I'd rather have the right fix.

It's not like they wouldn't make money off of them.

And it's dlx that offers the credit for the 09 imp
Here is GIMILSIMS contact info from their site. Email is just as good as a call

http://gimilsim.com/contact-us

Later,
Blackrain
__________________
"When all else fails,pull the pin and see what's next!"
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:26 AM #4
fsdo_guy
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
fsdo_guy supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by NastE-imp View Post
I was the biggest SP fan when I played before quitting in 06. I stayed ever so faithful to SP even up to my untimely temporary retirement. Since getting back into the game I decided to get an 09 impulse to remain loyal, and stay at a competitive level. Also knowing GoG is SP and would have the ability to tech/repair it,it was a sure purchase, or so I thought.

I was told by head tech Keith, that the 09 valve core's would be in by summer and to call back next month(mind you this is in April '12). So I called back the next month just to check in, and they were still out. I didn't expect them to be in until summer as I was initially told, but I kept checking in like they told me to do, at the times the told me to do it.

Soon, they began to not tell me to call back at a certain time to check in. So I check in at my own discretion about every 2 weeks. I kept calling until one day, without explanation, I was told to," just call GI Milsim" (which by the way, doesn't have a number) as if I was bothering them. So pretty much all that calling just be told at the end, to try someone else? ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Does SP/GoG not realize at people who own the 09 impulse, own them for a reason? It's not a mistake that they own these rare markers. They own them because they are loyal! And wanted their hands on a great piece of history. So why the epic runaround for SP's most loyal customers?!?!?!? Why can't you just make corrective valve core's like you said you would!?!?!?!
AMEN Brother! I'm a SP loyalist. Always have been.
I heard the same news, that they were "currently making valve cores and should soon be here." - I got excited. But still nothing. So disappointed and frustrated. I know that GOG is coming out with a new marker. Makes me nervous about spreading the love and support about that gun now, when they simply don't support all of us original customers who have supported them all these years with all their products. (sigh)
Still waiting patiently for the 09 Valve Cores...
fsdo_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:49 AM #5
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)
 
deltapaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: South Jersey
deltapaintball is a Supporting Member
deltapaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
deltapaintball supports our troops
deltapaintball has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
deltapaintball supports DLX Technology
Before to many others jump on the "holier-than-thou" bandwagon, lets get this straight.

You do know that GOG is a different company than Smart Parts right? As a company, they do not have to do any type of repairs for any of the Smart Parts markers. The reason why they repair the Smart Parts markers is because they want to, not because they have to. In the grand scheme of things, the '09 Impulse only had 325 units produced before the company was forced to close their doors. How many of them are still on the street? Not to many.

DLX did a great thing by offering the player a $500.00 dollar credit to trade the marker in for a new Luxe. (At the time, the trade value for the Impulse was much lower than $500.00)

Now, as far as "being nervous about spreading the love and support about that gun now, when they simply don't support all of us original customers who have supported them all these years with all their products", have you been to an event where Smart Parts/GOG has had techs there? Do you know how many parts us tech's give away in the name of the company?

The last event I tech'd, we gave away THOUSANDS of dollars worth of parts for FREE. If we have parts, we'll fix it, however with something as low produced as the '09 Impulse, be patient. You'll have your replacement parts soon enough.
deltapaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:34 PM #6
americanidiot748
I Sling Monkey Poo!
 
americanidiot748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Midland, Tx
americanidiot748 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
americanidiot748 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
americanidiot748 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
americanidiot748 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
americanidiot748 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltapaintball View Post
Before to many others jump on the "holier-than-thou" bandwagon, lets get this straight.

You do know that GOG is a different company than Smart Parts right? As a company, they do not have to do any type of repairs for any of the Smart Parts markers. The reason why they repair the Smart Parts markers is because they want to, not because they have to. In the grand scheme of things, the '09 Impulse only had 325 units produced before the company was forced to close their doors. How many of them are still on the street? Not to many.

DLX did a great thing by offering the player a $500.00 dollar credit to trade the marker in for a new Luxe. (At the time, the trade value for the Impulse was much lower than $500.00)

Now, as far as "being nervous about spreading the love and support about that gun now, when they simply don't support all of us original customers who have supported them all these years with all their products", have you been to an event where Smart Parts/GOG has had techs there? Do you know how many parts us tech's give away in the name of the company?

The last event I tech'd, we gave away THOUSANDS of dollars worth of parts for FREE. If we have parts, we'll fix it, however with something as low produced as the '09 Impulse, be patient. You'll have your replacement parts soon enough.

as much as i hate to admit it, he's right...

what i think would be cool that would be a win for everyone is if GOG made a gun that was extremely close to the design of the 09 Impulse so all the upgrades and replacement parts for that gun could be used on an 09 impulse but they aren't losing any money on such a short run gun...
__________________
Shocker Owners Club
SBPB <-BAMFs
Smart Parts SFT Shocker (Sunburst Orange with Black accents)
My sexy shocker shooting like a beast, Fastest shocker ever!!!
DO NOT DEAL WITH ATLas Paintball, Atlballerz, Paul Decker!http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post78291865
https://www.facebook.com/#!/paul.decker.351
americanidiot748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:45 PM #7
blackrain
 
 
blackrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Belfair,Wa
blackrain is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
blackrain supports Bob Gurnsey
You think 09 parts are scarce. Try calling and asking for a BOSS valve tube.

Later,
Blackrain
__________________
"When all else fails,pull the pin and see what's next!"
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:32 AM #8
NastE-imp
 
 
NastE-imp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: On a boat
NastE-imp has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltapaintball
Before to many others jump on the "holier-than-thou" bandwagon, lets get this straight.

You do know that GOG is a different company than Smart Parts right? As a company, they do not have to do any type of repairs for any of the Smart Parts markers. The reason why they repair the Smart Parts markers is because they want to, not because they have to. In the grand scheme of things, the '09 Impulse only had 325 units produced before the company was forced to close their doors. How many of them are still on the street? Not to many.

DLX did a great thing by offering the player a $500.00 dollar credit to trade the marker in for a new Luxe. (At the time, the trade value for the Impulse was much lower than $500.00)

Now, as far as "being nervous about spreading the love and support about that gun now, when they simply don't support all of us original customers who have supported them all these years with all their products", have you been to an event where Smart Parts/GOG has had techs there? Do you know how many parts us tech's give away in the name of the company?

The last event I tech'd, we gave away THOUSANDS of dollars worth of parts for FREE. If we have parts, we'll fix it, however with something as low produced as the '09 Impulse, be patient. You'll have your replacement parts soon enough.
Smartparts is gog! If it wasn't for smartparts collapsing, GOG would have NEVER came into existence. It only has the same owners, same CEO's, same factory, same machines, and most of the same workers. And i happen to know about how they kept all their smartparts gear, then how it all magically showed up when GOG got back together, for all intensive purpose's smartparts is GOG. Don't believe me, go to smartparts.com

There was at least 418 09's made. As I owned #418.

My point is, GOG gave us their word. JUST make the valve cores already!
__________________
Paintball Barn


Last edited by NastE-imp : 10-09-2012 at 08:47 AM.
NastE-imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:50 AM #9
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)
 
deltapaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: South Jersey
deltapaintball is a Supporting Member
deltapaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
deltapaintball supports our troops
deltapaintball has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
deltapaintball supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by NastE-imp View Post
Smartparts is gog! If it wasn't for smartparts collapsing, GOG would have NEVER came into existence. It only has the same owners, same CEO's, same factory, same machines, and most of the same workers. And i happen to know about how they kept all their smartparts gear, then how it all magically showed up when GOG got back together, for all intensive purpose's smartparts is GOG. Don't believe me, go to smartparts.com

There was at least 418 09's made. As I owned #418.

My point is, GOG gave us their word. JUST make the valve cores already!
Smart Parts is not GOG. Owned by the same people, but it's not the same company. The company also tried to sell off as much of the old product before they closed their doors for good in 2009. How do you not know a 3rd party bought up the remaining stock?

They had some machine issues, and there was #325 units produced. 225 here in the states and 100 in Europe. I was told this by Darryl Trent himself. I don't want to argue with you, but you're wrong here.
deltapaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:18 AM #10
SouljaboyRI
Keep Calm and Flex On
 
SouljaboyRI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 401
SouljaboyRI plays in the PSP
SouljaboyRI owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
SouljaboyRI owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
this is getting heated.
__________________
Category
5
theNEXL / Matts Outback / Boston Paintball
SouljaboyRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:18 AM #11
NastE-imp
 
 
NastE-imp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: On a boat
NastE-imp has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I presented facts. You presented bias. Dude look up some of the 09 impulses on here, number 406 or something sold not too long ago, there are pictures. So before you go spouting off to people telling them they're wrong, might want to do some research. Everything I said above is the TRUTH! And you countered it with what you believe.... Just make the ****ing valve core's bro is all I'm saying. I don't care about production number's and **** because it has nothing to do with them lying about making valve cores.
__________________
Paintball Barn

NastE-imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:46 PM #12
Punisher068
 
 
Punisher068's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains
check out M Carter Brown,there is someone who can help you out there,still a few Imp fans there
__________________
ballin' since '95
Marauders Paintball
Ion w\Axe Relay
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Our teams home field PBN thread
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4292217
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:25 PM #13
NastE-imp
 
 
NastE-imp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: On a boat
NastE-imp has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Somebody has spare 09 parts?
__________________
Paintball Barn

NastE-imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:15 PM #14
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)
 
deltapaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: South Jersey
deltapaintball is a Supporting Member
deltapaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
deltapaintball supports our troops
deltapaintball has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
deltapaintball supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by NastE-imp View Post
I presented facts. You presented bias. Dude look up some of the 09 impulses on here, number 406 or something sold not too long ago, there are pictures. So before you go spouting off to people telling them they're wrong, might want to do some research. Everything I said above is the TRUTH! And you countered it with what you believe.... Just make the ****ing valve core's bro is all I'm saying. I don't care about production number's and **** because it has nothing to do with them lying about making valve cores.
No bias dude. I was told by one of the principal owners of the company what the deal was with these, the serial number may read 406, but there was only 325 Impulses produced. I also know there was some issues with the first run when they were milling everything and they had to scrap some units. Not to mention I knew about this marker more than a year before it was produced. I always speak with factual basis to my statements. Especially when it comes to Smart Parts/GOG/DLX.

They didn't lie about anything. The parts are coming. The end.

/thread

Last edited by deltapaintball : 10-09-2012 at 07:17 PM.
deltapaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:42 PM #15
NastE-imp
 
 
NastE-imp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: On a boat
NastE-imp has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltapaintball

No bias dude. I was told by one of the principal owners of the company what the deal was with these, the serial number may read 406, but there was only 325 Impulses produced. I also know there was some issues with the first run when they were milling everything and they had to scrap some units. Not to mention I knew about this marker more than a year before it was produced. I always speak with factual basis to my statements. Especially when it comes to Smart Parts/GOG/DLX.

They didn't lie about anything. The parts are coming. The end.

/thread
They did lie about when they would have them. And i called again today, and they told me to ask G.I again. When i was told that they would be in mid October.

Why the ****ing runaround? Too busy making envy's???
__________________
Paintball Barn


Last edited by NastE-imp : 10-10-2012 at 04:52 PM.
NastE-imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:10 PM #16
RogueShooter
 
 
RogueShooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Manchester NJ
NastE, I think you've come down with a case of unrealistic expectations.

While I can empathize with your wait for parts, you have to understand that replacement parts for a gun that only has 325 units out in the wild (if even that many anymore) are not the first priority for a company that was born from the bankruptcy of another company that is still trying to re-establish a foothold in the market. You say "Too busy making eNVy's?"... Well, yes, they are. The current product line is what is paying the bills, not replacement parts for a gun that isn't sold anymore.

And there is a difference between lying and parts getting delayed. Unfortunately when you're dealing with small runs of parts, a lot of times they get pushed to the back of the queue by the machine shop building them because higher volume orders take priority.

Have you actually called/emailed GI yet, as recommended? Since GI actually still carries the .50 cal variant of the Impulse, you may have better luck with them.
__________________
Jay AKA Rogue...
Reservoir Dogs Scenario Paintball Team - Our $%^* is RIGOROUS!
Proudly and Generously Sponsored By
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:25 AM #17
NastE-imp
 
 
NastE-imp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: On a boat
NastE-imp has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueShooter
NastE, I think you've come down with a case of unrealistic expectations.

While I can empathize with your wait for parts, you have to understand that replacement parts for a gun that only has 325 units out in the wild (if even that many anymore) are not the first priority for a company that was born from the bankruptcy of another company that is still trying to re-establish a foothold in the market. You say "Too busy making eNVy's?"... Well, yes, they are. The current product line is what is paying the bills, not replacement parts for a gun that isn't sold anymore.

And there is a difference between lying and parts getting delayed. Unfortunately when you're dealing with small runs of parts, a lot of times they get pushed to the back of the queue by the machine shop building them because higher volume orders take priority.

Have you actually called/emailed GI yet, as recommended? Since GI actually still carries the .50 cal variant of the Impulse, you may have better luck with them.
I have tried GI, they had no Idea WTF I was talking about. And I'm aware of why they told me to call GI I just don't think this is the thing to tell someone after you had them wait a year. It's just ****ed. I guess I do have unrealistic expectations thinking GOG is going to do what what they said.
__________________
Paintball Barn

NastE-imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:14 PM #18
Drayven
 
 
Drayven's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Cost vs. return...simple economics. Could be they're trying to find a use for this item in an upcoming production piece before committing funds to a product with low return potential. They could have one for you tomorrow, but then you'd be upset that it cost you a grand. Call a machine shop and get a quote for a run of something less than a thousand pieces. Setup and tooling costs alone will blow your mind.
__________________
A man walks in to a bar and hands the innkeeper three nails and asks "Can you put me up for the night?"

INSIGHT OWNERS GROUP
Drayven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:49 PM #19
americanidiot748
I Sling Monkey Poo!
 
americanidiot748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Midland, Tx
americanidiot748 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
americanidiot748 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
americanidiot748 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
americanidiot748 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
americanidiot748 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drayven View Post
Cost vs. return...simple economics. Could be they're trying to find a use for this item in an upcoming production piece before committing funds to a product with low return potential. They could have one for you tomorrow, but then you'd be upset that it cost you a grand. Call a machine shop and get a quote for a run of something less than a thousand pieces. Setup and tooling costs alone will blow your mind.
__________________
Shocker Owners Club
SBPB <-BAMFs
Smart Parts SFT Shocker (Sunburst Orange with Black accents)
My sexy shocker shooting like a beast, Fastest shocker ever!!!
DO NOT DEAL WITH ATLas Paintball, Atlballerz, Paul Decker!http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post78291865
https://www.facebook.com/#!/paul.decker.351
americanidiot748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:19 PM #20
NastE-imp
 
 
NastE-imp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: On a boat
NastE-imp has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I don't see what that has to do with them lying to about making them. BET: I have already been working on castings/templates. Within walking distance of over 50 specialized cnc machines.

**Wonders how companies like machine, thin-air get their start if a couple if valves cost $1000+**

Oh that's right, because it's still a ****ing profit! This isn't a flame war, i just want to get to the bottom of this, and i won't shut up until they do what they said they would do!!! Am i the only one around here who still appreciates a man's word?
__________________
Paintball Barn

NastE-imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:52 PM #21
americanidiot748
I Sling Monkey Poo!
 
americanidiot748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Midland, Tx
americanidiot748 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
americanidiot748 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
americanidiot748 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
americanidiot748 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
americanidiot748 is attending Decay of Nations VI
I understand what you mean, you feel like your getting the run around and feel like they lied to you but you have to also see where they are coming from, they probably originally thought that they would have the ability to produce them but now realize they cant
__________________
Shocker Owners Club
SBPB <-BAMFs
Smart Parts SFT Shocker (Sunburst Orange with Black accents)
My sexy shocker shooting like a beast, Fastest shocker ever!!!
DO NOT DEAL WITH ATLas Paintball, Atlballerz, Paul Decker!http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post78291865
https://www.facebook.com/#!/paul.decker.351
americanidiot748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump