Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 10:05 AM #547
casultytosociety
BlacMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Dogg View Post
Just wait. 30 years from now the radio stations that play 'oldies' and things like classic rock...will be playing 'call me maybe' instead.

I hope you said something in that thread
frankie got fired from his bull**** job. i've only read two of his posts ever, but maaaaaaan, talk about the epitome of sucks to suck. the story of how he got fired is in the gdt if you care.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:17 AM #548
Lou Dogg
Prepare to die

Lou Dogg owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by casultytosociety View Post
frankie got fired from his bull**** job. i've only read two of his posts ever, but maaaaaaan, talk about the epitome of sucks to suck. the story of how he got fired is in the gdt if you care.
Obviously. I have to kill a half hour while something mixes at work so I'll look into it.

Big_Dangerous: "Has anyone here ever let a chick **** them with a strapon?"
Old 10-10-2012, 10:33 AM #549
.OBEY.

Lookin good in the bye week
Old 10-10-2012, 10:41 AM #550
Subucni
GOON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse

Suuurrrrreeeeee
And use that to blackmail them into having sex with me of course.

Fired from a gas station? Lololol

Auburn Tigers
New Orleans Saints
New York Yankees

Last edited by Subucni : 10-10-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:00 AM #551
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--...n-its-way.html

Quote:
BCS STANDINGS ARE COMING. SO IS THE OUTRAGE.
On Sunday, America's least-popular sports entity this side of the NFL replacement refs makes its triumphant return. The first Bowl Championship Series standings will be released. The coast-to-coast complaining will follow immediately thereafter, because there is widespread divergence between the voters and the computers.
Despite the overwhelming belief among human voters that Alabama is the best team in America and Oregon is No. 2, the computers aren't buying it. At least not yet. The Dash looked at five of the six rankings that are used by the BCS – Wolfe doesn't release its first public rankings until Sunday – and four different teams are ranked No. 1: Alabama (Sagarin), Florida (Anderson & Hester), Oregon (Billingsley) and Notre Dame (Colley and Massey).
That's right, Notre Dame is first in more computer formulas than Alabama. Don't tell Harvey Updyke or he's liable to graffiti the Golden Dome. And Oregon is only ranked higher than sixth by Billingsley.
A lot can change this weekend, but as of right now the computers rank the top five this way (throwing out the high and low ratings for each team, per the BCS formula):

Florida (1). Difference from the USA Today coaches poll: plus-five spots. The microchips are impressed by the four Southeastern Conference victories – well, at least by three of them. Beating Kentucky probably doesn't do much for the strength of schedule.

Notre Dame (2). Difference from the USA Today coaches poll: plus-five spots. The Fighting Irish benefit from having played four major-conference opponents – if indeed the Big Ten counts as a major conference in 2012. And they could conceivably move up to the computer top spot with a victory over highly ranked Stanford on Saturday.

Steve Spurrier's Gamecocks head to LSU this week. (Getty Images)
South Carolina (3). Difference from the USA Today coaches poll: none. The Gamecocks could leapfrog the Irish and the Gators with a computer-pleasing victory at LSU on Saturday.

West Virginia (4). Difference from the USA Today coaches poll: none. Beating Texas on the road was a big boost.

Alabama (5). Difference from the USA Today coaches poll: minus-four spots. The two big September games turned out to be blowouts of disappointing teams – Michigan and Arkansas – and the rest of the schedule has been easy.
Of course, there are major problems with releasing the aggregate computer rankings halfway through the season. Schedules are wildly divergent and hard to compare, and most of the season's biggest games are still to be played. So they're judging incomplete data – and those incomplete results will influence human voters as well.

Especially when the subject is Hot Button U., also known as Notre Dame. If the Irish are 6-0 Sunday and ranked No. 1 by the computers, look for human voters to either boost the Irish to get in line with the computers – or to trap-door them in a backlash against what many perceived to be a terminally overrated program. Either way, the early release of data will have the unintended consequence of influencing the polls that count for two-thirds of the BCS formula.

The other problem with the computer rankings is the BCS-mandated removal of margin of victory. While it should certainly matter that Alabama drilled Michigan by 27 points and Notre Dame beat the Wolverines by only seven, the Crimson Tide won’t get additional computer credit for a blowout.
The human vote should still establish Alabama as the BCS No. 1 on Sunday, provided the Tide takes care of banged up Missouri. But who is No. 2 – which is what really matters – will be very interesting. And very controversial. Stay tuned.

Originally Posted by NinjaMouse:But as a poster in this thread, all I can say is good ****ing luck to whoever wants to try to knock you off the #1 spot. That will take something epic. It would be the upset of the posting season.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:02 PM #552
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

Paintnoob13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Sorry but how the **** is Florida ranked #1? Yeah, they beat LSU but that game was ugly all around
Old 10-10-2012, 12:37 PM #553
Matt.is.back2011
Urban Warfare

Bama has had an easy schedule. Michigan sucks and so does Arkansas.

Rankings are largely irrelevent until the final few weeks anyway; so long as Bama keeps winning, goes undefeated, they will play in the NCgame.

If their fanbase gets upset, then they are just stupid, but we all knew that already.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:19 PM #554
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

U

Originally Posted by NinjaMouse:But as a poster in this thread, all I can say is good ****ing luck to whoever wants to try to knock you off the #1 spot. That will take something epic. It would be the upset of the posting season.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:42 PM #555
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
But most importantly, LSU needs to get back to this:

Did nobody watch this? Not even the LSU fans? Weird. Pretty much encapsulates 2011 LSU.

Cuz I came to the club with a nine on me;
and you know my guys gon follow me;
and if **** pop off, they gon ride with me;
and we gon tear this mo-tha-****-a down!
Old 10-10-2012, 01:45 PM #556
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

has been a member for 10 years
Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt.is.back2011 View Post
Bama has had an easy schedule. Michigan sucks and so does Arkansas.

Rankings are largely irrelevent until the final few weeks anyway; so long as Bama keeps winning, goes undefeated, they will play in the NCgame.

If their fanbase gets upset, then they are just stupid, but we all knew that already.
Agree with this, and as such have no problem with the rankings as they are.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old 10-10-2012, 02:12 PM #557
Fat_Joe
$OG$

Fat_Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by .OBEY. View Post

Digi camo pants

Full modeling video on YouTube.

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
Suuurrrrreeeeee

Its really not much to look at....bunch of awkward looking titties and ****.
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Old 10-10-2012, 02:22 PM #558
Lou Dogg
Prepare to die

Lou Dogg owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Because this should really be posted twice

http://www.totalprosports.com/2012/1...cebook-part-2/

Big_Dangerous: "Has anyone here ever let a chick **** them with a strapon?"
Old 10-10-2012, 02:36 PM #559
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

So... LSU lost because it was humid in Florida.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...84--ncaaf.html

Quote:
Sometimes a team from a warm-weather climate will travel north late in the season and perform poorly in the cold. Or, players who don't live in oppressive heat year-round will get worn down during an early season game in the south. That's understandable.

Louisiana is a subtropical climate. It's hot. It's humid. If you've ever vacationed to New Orleans in summer, you're probably still sticky.
Yet, LSU players think one of the reasons they lost at Florida was that it was too hot. Really.

The Shreveport Times reported that LSU players used the heat to explain why the Gators beat them 14-6. As the report points out, the temperature never reached 90 degrees.

"It is Florida," linebacker Kevin Minter said, according to the report. "The humidity is ridiculous."

Know where else the humidity can be ridiculous? Louisiana.
Minter had an outstanding first half, then started to cramp up and missed some series in the second half when he needed IV fluids. He promised to drink more water this week.

"We worked super hard during the week to come out and play two dominant halves," defensive end Sam Montgomery said. "Sadly, our stamina couldn't hold up."

The Gators dominated the game in almost every way, with their defense holding LSU to just eight first downs, and Florida's running game pounding away on the Tigers' defense for most of the second half. Florida defensive end Dominique Easley had another explanation for what happened to LSU and it wasn't just the heat, via OnlyGators.com:

"Third quarter, them boys were huffing and puffing. I was looking at people's eyes and they were scared," Easley said. "We wanted to take somebody's will. We like to take people's will, not just win the game. Take their will and make them remember this night."

Maybe LSU's players were just scared of another warm front coming through Gainesville.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:42 PM #560
.OBEY.

Penn state ranks #5 in average home attendance this year.

Not bad considering.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:53 PM #561
angelballer

Quote:
Penn state ranks #5 in average home attendance this year.

Not bad considering.
Weird considering they are lowering booster ticket prices to try and fill all the empty seats this year...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/season-...70--ncaaf.html
Old 10-10-2012, 02:54 PM #562
SmartyJones
Best in the World

SmartyJones helped look for balloons
SmartyJones is playing at Living Legends III
SmartyJones has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
It's music. Its really not that serious. Listen to whatever you want, no one gives an actual ****.
Yeah I don't care what people listen to, as long as they don't blast their music around me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC_OWNER View Post

At least it's more believable than Al Gore trying to say Obama did poorly in the debate because of the Denver air.
2009 STS Most Accurate Poster of the Year
2010 STS:F MVP

XBL - noarmsduck
Old 10-10-2012, 02:55 PM #563
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
It would be more believable if it weren't another team from the south.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old 10-10-2012, 02:55 PM #564
.OBEY.

We are also making more money than ever.

They are lowering the prices back down to around what they used to be. The new program is retarded . Who is gonna pay $150-175 for **** tickets at the box office? For **** games.

It isn't even a scale based on the opponent.

Last edited by .OBEY. : 10-10-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:09 PM #565
angelballer

Quote:
We are also making more money than ever.

They are lowering the prices back down to around what they used to be. The new program is retarded . Who is gonna pay $150-175 for **** tickets at the box office? For **** games.

It isn't even a scale based on the opponent.
tOSU doesn't seem to have the problem of not filling seats. Our 5 home games averaged 105,227. Meanwhile, Diddle U's non-conference games didn't break 100k.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:13 PM #566
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

Paintnoob13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
So you guys wanna talk about attendance huh?
Old 10-10-2012, 03:14 PM #567
Kolder
The Commish

Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is a Mega Moderator
Kolder is a Supporting Member
Kolder is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Kolder is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC_OWNER View Post

I see no where that the players blamed the heat for the loss. They acknowledged it was hot and Sam stated their stamina couldn't hold up.

It probably had more to do with a 23 minute time of possession compared to a 37 minute time of possession.

██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████
Closed Thread