PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-10-2012, 02:12 AM #1
JC-Splat

JC-Splat is attending Decay of Nations VI
Newbie questions for the event

First time attending a scenario event, so a bit new to how it runs. I'm planning on getting in on Saturday morning, but I see the registration is on Friday. It's not limited to that right? I can still register on Saturday morning I assume? (edit- Saw that it opens around 8am on Saturday, so that one's answered).

For registration, sign in, cart your marker in get it chronoed, top off your tank, and pick up your paint, then you're set?

It looks like the first events are a mech battle and a commander battle. Are those just for mechs and commanders, or are the rest of us peons included? Not sure since it's calling them out specifically.

Re. paint, how do you guys deal with it? Do you get everything up front and store it in your car, or do you pick it up as you use it throughout the day?

I've got the general idea on gear, hydrating, etc. from the other posts (thanks!)

Last edited by JC-Splat : 10-10-2012 at 02:15 AM.
JC-Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:43 AM #2
Bartman

Annual Supporting Member
Bartman is a Moderator
Bartman is a Supporting Member
Bartman is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bartman is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC-Splat View Post
First time attending a scenario event, so a bit new to how it runs. I'm planning on getting in on Saturday morning, but I see the registration is on Friday. It's not limited to that right? I can still register on Saturday morning I assume? (edit- Saw that it opens around 8am on Saturday, so that one's answered).

For registration, sign in, cart your marker in get it chronoed, top off your tank, and pick up your paint, then you're set?

It looks like the first events are a mech battle and a commander battle. Are those just for mechs and commanders, or are the rest of us peons included? Not sure since it's calling them out specifically.

Re. paint, how do you guys deal with it? Do you get everything up front and store it in your car, or do you pick it up as you use it throughout the day?

I've got the general idea on gear, hydrating, etc. from the other posts (thanks!)
pretty much, once you get registered, pick up your game info, a chrono and get paint your set till the game starts.

I haven't been to DON before, but at most other events the smaller specific battles( commander and mech in this case ) are just that, for those only, a lot of the time they will have these battles on field where people can spectate and cheer there side on, but I am not sure about DON.

The way I usually do it is I get my paint 1 case at a time, that way I always have paint staged and can always get a fresh case if needed through the day.

hope this all helps.

Bart
Devils Brigade
Bartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:41 AM #3
Gadget Soldier
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Gadget Soldier owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Gadget Soldier supports our troops
Gadget Soldier is attending Decay of Nations VII
Thanks Bartman, I will also add my 2 cents:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC-Splat View Post
First time attending a scenario event, so a bit new to how it runs. I'm planning on getting in on Saturday morning, but I see the registration is on Friday. It's not limited to that right? I can still register on Saturday morning I assume? (edit- Saw that it opens around 8am on Saturday, so that one's answered). Yup, you can still register while the game is going on, but why do that?

For registration, sign in, cart your marker in get it chronoed, top off your tank, and pick up your paint, then you're set? The way they have done it in the past: sign in, get your player packet and paint ticket, you have the option of getting your paint at that time or later, get your tank checked for hydro and topped off, chrono your marker and get ready for the game at 12 noon!

It looks like the first events are a mech battle and a commander battle. Are those just for mechs and commanders, or are the rest of us peons included? Not sure since it's calling them out specifically. Yes, the 2 battles before the actual start of the game are for Mechs and the Commanders as what Bartman has said, it is something for players to get behind their side and cheer for. Right after that will be game and safety briefing in which at 12 noon the game will start ... hopefully lol

Re. paint, how do you guys deal with it? Do you get everything up front and store it in your car, or do you pick it up as you use it throughout the day? More than likely if you pre-purchased paint, when you pick them up they will give it to you all at once. For safe keeping, I'd rather keep it in my vehicle out of sight, so they don't grow legs and walk away. Thankfully the weather forecast for the weekend is going to be 80 on Sat and low 90s on Sunday. Not as crazy as last year's billion degree heat! lol

Hope those answer your questions
Gadget Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:18 AM #4
JC-Splat

JC-Splat is attending Decay of Nations VI
Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated!
JC-Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:15 PM #5
elitenls

elitenls owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
This sounds so cool; thank you for answering his questions (and mine in the process).
elitenls is offline   Reply With Quote