Community Focus

Old 10-08-2012, 12:43 AM #1
Craceyballa
Pro Edge Paintball

Craceyballa plays in the PSP
Craceyballa plays in the APPA D3 division
Craceyballa has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
lurker/boss bolt

uped my axe all the way except for the bolt. ive been trying to decide on one of these and i cant. if anyone has one laying around for cheap ill buy it.
Craceyballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2012, 05:16 AM #2
ycpb

ycpb plays in the PSP
ycpb supports Cereal Killerz 2
ycpb supports our troops
this isnt bst. but on which on to get.. theres a couple threads with numerous pages discussing the pros and cons of each...

try posting there to find a used bolt.. or try buying one bran new.. can never go wrong with a bran new one
http://www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=277

Lurker
http://www.lurkerpb.com/

Boss
http://bosspaintballproducts.com/

HOUSTON ZONE
ycpb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:08 AM #3
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Just buy a branD new one, they're less than $50. For an upgrade that does so much performance-wise, it's well worth it.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:07 AM #4
kingJurzy

kingJurzy is playing at Living Legends V
kingJurzy supports DLX Technology
Why the hell would you fully up your Axe and not get the performance upgrades first?

SMH

Bolts cost upwards to $40 shipped new, so if you don't have the money, sell your redline and get a bolt.
kingJurzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:46 PM #5
Craceyballa
Pro Edge Paintball

because i got the axe pro used in a trade. and i have been breaking in the stock bolt to see if i could get it to where i wanted to be. thanks for flaming on my thread. gtfo and get a life or somthing.
ycpb. thank you for the helpful info.
snakesniper dont wanna buy new.
kingJurzy you dont even know what your talking about, performance upgrades? would you like a gun that shoots good but felt like **** in your hands. no. you want a gun to feel good in your hands before you do anything else because it could completly change the way it shoots, in ex. the nummech foregrip extender reduces kick so much because it destributes the weight more towards the front end of the gun.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:35 AM #6
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

I love these kids that flame people who are trying to help them.

If you're trying to reduce kick, the bolt should've been the FIRST upgrade, not the last.

FYI You won't find JUST an Eigenbolt or a Boss bolt for sale used, most of them get sold in guns for sale. Why don't you want to buy new?
Old 10-09-2012, 12:12 PM #7
Craceyballa
Pro Edge Paintball

really? that wasent directed towards you. im not a kid so dont start that nonsence. and if you reduce the kick by breaking in the stock bolt why spend money on a upgraded bolt? and i want to buy both of them so i want to save some money because i plan on combining the bolts.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:19 PM #8
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craceyballa View Post
if you reduce the kick by breaking in the stock bolt why spend money on a upgraded bolt?
The stock bolt is made from metal and is heavier than the Lurker or Boss bolts which are made from Delrin, a type of plastic. Less weight to push means you need less pressure to achieve the same relative FPS; hence the benefit of an upgraded bolt.

Break the stock bolt in as much as you want, it won't compare to the smooth shot you'll get with a Delrin bolt.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:15 PM #9
pbizlife

pbizlife plays in the PSP
pbizlife posts videos on PbNation
pbizlife plays in the APPA D3 division
Just because the bolt is lighter does not mean its going to be smoother, hence the ego dart kit... I actually prefer the stock bolt just my preference. and ye i owned a boss bolt and sold it
pbizlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:19 PM #10
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

it's not the lighter bolt itself that makes the softer shot, it's the reduced amount of PSI you require to make the gun function normally. I know this because I have experience using all three bolts (plus the combined Lurker/Boss combo) on my Axe.

But you know what? I'm done here. Set up your gun the way you want, I don't care anymore.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:26 PM #11
private_silver
Fire and Forget.

private_silver is an NCPA player
private_silver plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbizlife View Post
Just because the bolt is lighter does not mean its going to be smoother, hence the ego dart kit... I actually prefer the stock bolt just my preference. and ye i owned a boss bolt and sold it
Explain that? That is damn near completely false, at least with the Boss. Can't speak for the dart.

Less weight = Lower OP to achieve same velocity = Lower Kick = Smoother Shot. That's just physics bro. Go push something heavy 15 ft, then push something light 15 ft, the light one will move much smoother in comparison at an easier workload.

Granted yes, there are other outliers that come into play, but overall the bolt, and it's resulting effects on the needs of pressure, is one of the biggest proponents in getting a smoother shot out of the AXE.

ANYWAY, question for OP, when the foregrip weighs practically nothing in comparison to the rest of the gun when set up (tank,hopper,paint), exactly how does the nummech affect center of gravity at all? I could see it making it more comfortable for YOU, e.g giving a longer reach and thus perhaps a steadier grip if you don't like things as close as they were, but comparative to the rest of the gun the grip doesn't weigh enough to affect weight distribution THAT much by simply moving it forward an inch.
Crossfire 68/45 w/ Stealth
private_silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:09 PM #12
Craceyballa
Pro Edge Paintball

wow dident know this would cause so many problems. lol andd i should reword the weight destribution to kick destribution. it acts just like a foregrip on my ar15 or any real gun if you ever have shot or owned one. it allows for less barrel rise.
heres a pic with the extender

and without the extender
Old 10-09-2012, 06:09 PM #13
Pson

Annual Supporting Member
Pson has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Pson has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Very nice marker!!!! As for a used Boss or Lurker bolt, others have weighted in and it will be hard to find one used. Did you post in the WTB section?
Pson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:23 AM #14
Craceyballa
Pro Edge Paintball

thanks^ and yeahh i did. just posted in here because the main people who own axes see this more often
Old 10-10-2012, 07:25 AM #15
Pson

Annual Supporting Member
Pson has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Pson has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
PM sent
Pson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:52 PM #16
ugotbunkered19

I think ur wasting ur time looking for a used bolt, I mean if that is ur axe in the pics u would put out $190 for a spire but not $42 shipped for a bolt and spring kit not exactly breaking the bank there, so my opinion give up the search save urself the time and the flaming and just buy new much easier
ugotbunkered19 is offline   Reply With Quote