PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-06-2012, 04:21 PM #1
Benji molina

Fasta vs Halo too

Hello i am wondering what hopper people say is better

A spyder 18v lcd or an empire halo too

i am leaning toard that fasta because it has i higher bps and i am using it with a spyder gun

it is a .68cal does this change my hopper selection at all

thank you all i appreciate any responses
Benji molina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2012, 02:33 PM #2
bhotz
Challenge Accepted.

bhotz is playing at Living Legends VI
bhotz supports Pev's Paintball
bhotz has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bhotz has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Thumbs up Re:

First let's start out with this. The hoppers you find will be .68 cal 99% of the time. Here's how it works. .68 caliber is your standard paintball, the paintball size used at every field and tournament basically. .50 cal is a different kind of a paintball, one that is smaller and cheaper. Companies have been trying to make breakthroughs with these but nothing has really happened with them, and are unpopular and are almost never used. Then there is .48 caliber or other calibers below 50. These are used mostly for small pistols such as the Kingman Training Chaser or Eraser.

Now to the hoppers. Definitely go with the Fasta. The seem to be faster (hence the name fasta lol) and are easier to use. Out of the 3 people I know who use Halo Toos, Two of the three have broken. People will shoot me for this, but hands down go with the Fasta.
Eflex
bhotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:12 AM #3
Rawrx
**** BRAD

They're both good hoppers. They both are .68 cal. and both will keep up with a spyder marker, not like you need to be shooting that fast anyway. The fasta will hold more rounds, I think it's 230ish while the halo holds
180ish, so keep that in mind if you play woodsball or scenario. As far as the halo breaking goes, bad luck or Karma for something maybe? I own three and haven't had one break. Basically you can choose either and be alright. If theres a local shop you can test them out at before you buy either one I suggest doing that.

A couple pieces of advice if you choose the halo, get the rip drive and don't overtighten the screw for the battery door or you WILL crack it.

Another loader to think about in that price range is the Valken V-max. I don't have any experience with it personally but it seems to be pretty nice and has toolless disassembly, which is so convenient and saves a lot of time if you have to clean out your loader on the inside.

Hope this helps a little
Rawrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:13 PM #4
Zippin35

Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Halo. It was the industry standard for ages and can still be used in professional tournaments and the highest level.
New England Crusade #35
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
Zippin35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:22 PM #5
peacob

peacob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
peacob supports DLX Technology
The halo too gets my vote as i currently still own 2 of them and they have been great backup hoppers to my rotor.

I have never used the Fasta but i have seen them in person and held one. As with any spyder product, and i mean this in the nicest way possible, it felt of less quality compared to any invert halo hopper. Theres a reason you dont ever see a fasta in tournament ball and thats because it lacks quality of materials used.

As said above, the Halo Too was the industry standard and the most widely used hopper along with the prophecy in tournament paintball for several years until the rotor came along. Even with the intro of the rotor and the spire, the halo is still widely used in tournament paintball because of the performance and quality you get for the price paid.

Again, i cannot fully comment on the performance of the Spyder as i've never used one in a game. I'm sure there are drop tests on youtube, but even that, doesnt determine its in-game performance. There are so many factors that come into a hoppers performance like the constant movement of your body, the gun being titled on an angle around a corner and so on. Drop tests dont provide the best evaluation because there is never a time where balls are constantly fed freely with no back pressure.

Last edited by peacob : 10-09-2012 at 04:26 PM.
peacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:36 PM #6
Darko9989
MacDev Militia

Annual Supporting Member
Darko9989 is BST Trusted
Darko9989 is playing at Living Legends V
Darko9989 is for the Gunfight
Darko9989 supports Pev's Paintball
Darko9989 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Darko9989 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Halo too. Mine has never failed me. Have a friend with a Fasta and he doesn't like it all that much. It is basically a pinokio with lower quality parts (especially the fins).
Darko9989 is offline   Reply With Quote