pflfranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:01 PM #24
Sir Benny
Mr.Anderson

Sir Benny has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Sir Benny has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subterfuge View Post
There is a difference between anti-social behavior and...
/end rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberdynesModels101 View Post
I'm that anti-social guy. My frat buddies would i......
I totally respect that.
Sir Benny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:11 PM #25
Legatus
Sovereign

OP, what do you deem to be a socially acceptable number of friends (not acquaintances, close friends)?
Old 10-08-2012, 09:23 PM #26
General_MacArthur
Formerly General_Patton

General_MacArthur is playing at Living Legends V
General_MacArthur has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
General_MacArthur has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
There is a difference between anti-social behavior and social anxiety. I had an argument with this dude twice the size of me once who said I was anti-social at which I said, "The word you are looking for is social anxiety, the anti-social label in psychology is for people that **** their friends over." This among other things made him extremely pissed off, [I believe he was bipolar] and he pinned me to a hesco barrier by the neck as my glasses fell off. While he was yelling at me, I gave him the most expressionless face I possibly could as I planned to break his arm once he threw the first punch. He over extended his arms while he had me by the neck, making it easy to hyper extend his arm in one shot. I prayed for strength in the depths of my mind. But just as I was about to move, he relaxed his grip and let go. He said it wasn't worth it. A couple of days later while I was playing chess with him he said, "Your eyes looked like you could kill 1000 people and not give a ****."
I once got out of a potential jumping by using that same method. Four ese's (mexicans) rolled up on me while I was talking to a friend after leaving Wal-Mart. They quickly surrounded my car and I reached for a bat I keep in the back. He laughed as my friend back away. I changed my face to nothing and just gave a half smile with out breaking eye contact with the main dude. I was scared ****less at the aspect of being 4 on 1, but it worked. He looked away and said, "It aint worth it homies" and walked off. I had every intention of swinging that damn thing as hard as I could at his dome though and at least leaving one with brain damage.

White and proud.
STARMY Scavenger Hunt Champions

Originally Posted by DrobertsPB "you're like an intelligent redneck mountain man"
General_MacArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:04 PM #27
DrobertsPB
You rebel scum

i don't like talking to people

because **** you
DrobertsPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:19 PM #28
RBR321
I'll bring the pizzas.

RBR321 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
RBR321 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
RBR321 supports Team VICIOUS
RBR321 supports DLX Technology
"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
'MURICA
RBR321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:01 AM #29
AznMidget

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
There is a difference between anti-social behavior and social anxiety. I had an argument with this dude twice the size of me once who said I was anti-social at which I said, "The word you are looking for is social anxiety, the anti-social label in psychology is for people that **** their friends over." This among other things made him extremely pissed off, [I believe he was bipolar] and he pinned me to a hesco barrier by the neck as my glasses fell off. While he was yelling at me, I gave him the most expressionless face I possibly could as I planned to break his arm once he threw the first punch. He over extended his arms while he had me by the neck, making it easy to hyper extend his arm in one shot. I prayed for strength in the depths of my mind. But just as I was about to move, he relaxed his grip and let go. He said it wasn't worth it. A couple of days later while I was playing chess with him he said, "Your eyes looked like you could kill 1000 people and not give a ****."

Cool story Peter Parker hows MJ?
AznMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:11 AM #30
rammstein_5v2
Idontfeelanditfeelsgreat

Quote:
hesco

How consistent
How can someone so consistently mess up as much as
Every instance
How can someone inconsistent mess up so consistently
rammstein_5v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:12 AM #31
paintballpimp092
Si vis pacem, para bellum

paintballpimp092 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballpimp092 plays in the APPA D5 division
paintballpimp092 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm that anti-social person.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:28 AM #32
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

When saying you are anti-social, you admit you are a douche bag.

an·ti·so·cial   [an-tee-soh-shuhl, an-tahy-]
adjective
unwilling or unable to associate in a normal or friendly way with other people: He's not antisocial, just shy.
antagonistic, hostile, or unfriendly toward others; menacing; threatening: an antisocial act.
opposed or detrimental to social order or the principles on which society is constituted: antisocial behavior.
Psychiatry . of or pertaining to a pattern of behavior in which social norms and the rights of others are persistently violated.

a·so·cial   [ey-soh-shuhl] Show IPA
adjective
not sociable or gregarious; withdrawn from society.
indifferent to or averse to conforming to conventional standards of behavior.
inconsiderate of others; selfish; egocentric.

What are the symptoms of Social Anxiety Disorder?

Social anxiety is the fear of social situations and the interaction with other people that can automatically bring on feelings of self-consciousness, judgment, evaluation, and inferiority.

Put another way, social anxiety is the fear and anxiety of being judged and evaluated negatively by other people, leading to feelings of inadequacy, embarrassment, humiliation, and depression.

If a person usually becomes anxious in social situations, but seems fine when they are alone, then "social anxiety" may be the problem.

Social anxiety disorder (social phobia) is a much more common problem than past estimates have led us to think. Millions of people all over the world suffer from this devastating and traumatic problem every day, either from a specific social anxiety or from a more generalized social anxiety.

In the United States, epidemiological studies have recently pegged social anxiety disorder as the third largest psychological disorder in the country.

A specific social anxiety would be the fear of speaking in front of groups, whereas generalized social phobia indicates that the person is anxious, nervous, and uncomfortable in almost all social situations.

People with social anxiety disorder usually experience significant emotional distress in the following situations:

Being introduced to other people

Being teased or criticized

Being the center of attention

Being watched while doing something

Meeting people in authority ("important people")

Most social encounters, especially with strangers

Going around the room (or table) in a circle and having to say something.

This list is certainly not a complete list of symptoms -- other feelings may be associated with social anxiety as well.

Last edited by Subterfuge : 10-09-2012 at 06:39 AM.
Subterfuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:05 AM #33
Sir_Benny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legatus View Post
OP, what do you deem to be a socially acceptable number of friends (not acquaintances, close friends)?
Scientifically, you can handle like 150-200 people, but in my opinion its good to have a small to medium group of close friends. 8 seems to be a good number.
Sir_Benny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:09 AM #34
paintballpimp092

I don't have many of those symptoms. I'm not incapable of dealing with people, I just don't like most of them.

The only thing I used to hate was going around the table. I can talk all day long with ease, but being put on the spot like that isn't something I really mind anymore.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:13 AM #35
Sir_Benny

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballpimp092 View Post
I can talk all day long with ease, but being put on the spot like that isn't something I really mind anymore.
Yeah, everyone gets nervous or uncomfortable in certain situations. Except for the people who make the situations that way.
Sir_Benny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:27 AM #36
paintballpimp092

I still get nervous, but not as much as I used to... Used to be terrified of public speaking. Now that I've done a few presentations and had to do a bunch of scenarios in front of my police academy class, spent like 300 odd hours doing ride alongs and dealing with people who weren't at a good point in their day/life when we showed up, it's much much easier.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:58 PM #37
younggunz00
You cool man?

younggunz00 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
I use to be a bit anti-social. Didn't really talk much in class or to other people in school. I was cool with a bunch of people but I would mainly keep to myself and hang out with a group of 4 other guys. I've started to open up to people more and not really care what others think. Its fun to be a jackass sometimes.

Originally Posted by VanHalen: yo stay snappy yung g

"Originally posted by Domc36-1: Because...I like getting high I guess..."

"Originally posted by empire1122v2: My aunt committed suicide. Blew her brains out. ****ing lesbian."
younggunz00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:58 PM #38
Sir Benny
Mr.Anderson

Yeah, I get shaky when I do public performances for music or speaking, but that's just performance anxiety. I've slowly gotten over it in my life.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:27 PM #39
darreads7

shy isnt always bad
darreads7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:38 PM #40
Sir Benny
Mr.Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by darreads7 View Post
shy isnt always bad
Agreed.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:38 PM #41
kuski19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Benny View Post
Scientifically, you can handle like 150-200 people, but in my opinion its good to have a small to medium group of close friends. 8 seems to be a good number.
?
Old 10-09-2012, 03:50 PM #42
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuski19 View Post
?
he's talking about a gang bang. duh.