PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-06-2012, 07:42 PM #1
xianmacx

3 way leak - help!!

Good evening,

So I just picked up an autococker. The previous owner had it converted to a pump when I got it. I want to re-install the pnuematics and am getting a really bad leak from the back of my 3way. As soon as I gas up the gun in starts gushing out. I thought that the length of the trigger rod just needed to be adjusted but it doesnt seem to be the issue. To test this, I assembled the gun with the trigger rod spun out of the trigger. I then cock/gas up gun and just keep sliding the trigger rod in and out of the 3way and at no point does the leak stop. Again all the leaking is coming from the back of the 3way.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ian
xianmacx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2012, 10:30 PM #2
cww516
clever text goes here

cww516 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I was going to guess that it was just really out of time, but it sounds like you covered that. Take a look at the o-rings on the 3-way shaft and see what kind of shape they're in, it's possible that the rear one is in rough shape (or not there).

Does it consistently come from the back, or does it switch from front to back at some point? If that's the case, and the 3-way o-rings are intact, it could be that the ram has a bad o-ring, although it would have to be in pretty bad shape to do what you're experiencing.
cww516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:32 AM #3
Dk-79
SCHWING!

has been a member for 10 years
Like Cw said, probably just orings.

If you've checked the orings, roll the brass three way shaft on a flat table and see if it wobbles. If it does, you'll have to either find a way to straighten it, or buy a new three way.

But I'd go with orings first.
Dk-79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:45 PM #4
dirtraven

has been a member for 10 years
dirtraven is playing at Living Legends VII
dirtraven owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
dirtraven supports Team VICIOUS
which way is your hoses running? is it a swing or slide trigger?

Good Ole Autococker

Red Camo/Blackened GTi
dirtraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:19 PM #5
addicted2dunes

addicted2dunes has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Replace the O-rings probably, but first, remove the O-rings from the shaft, does the shaft slide through the housing with no interference? If so replace O-rings, if it binds then your shaft is bent.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:27 AM #6
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

quick check: gas it up and pop off the hose off the front of the ram. if no air comes out the front of the ram then you can rule it out at least. a leaky ram will vent the air back out through the 3 way....can cause some serious headaches if you forget to check it lol.