Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2012, 06:41 PM #22
peacob
 
 
peacob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
peacob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
peacob supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by robf88 View Post
G4's are good guns if maintained properly and I feel like they have better ergos.

Despite this, I feel like the Etha is a better purchase because you are less likely to encounter issues and I think it shoots a bit smoother, but both are kind of rough for spoolies.
the etha is a pressure controlled poppet and the g4 is a dump valve. (similar to proto SLG)
__________________
LuxeMob
EgoMafia

Last edited by peacob : 10-08-2012 at 06:45 PM.
peacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:57 PM #23
robf88
Berserker
 
robf88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Southwest VA
robf88 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
robf88 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacob View Post
the etha is a pressure controlled poppet and the g4 is a dump valve. (similar to proto SLG)
I stand corrected... Not the best with internals, I just thought both were spool valves... I do recall the G4 being a Dump Valve, but isn't that just a variation of a spool valve?... did not know that about the Etha though
robf88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:14 PM #24
TNpaintballer4life
If only I had some more $
 
TNpaintballer4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tennessee
TNpaintballer4life supports Team VICIOUS
TNpaintballer4life supports Team VICIOUS
TNpaintballer4life has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TNpaintballer4life has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked 17
which one should my friend get and he plays front by the way?dangerous power g4 or etha he wants your guys-es opinion.
Etha. Better quality, efficiency, well just about everything is better about it. And it is made by planet eclipse, so that is a big bonus to it too.
__________________
If you post a "highly upped" Tippmann to the BST, You're gonna have a bad time!
TNpaintballer4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:22 PM #25
Trigger Finger
Yetipb.com
 
Trigger Finger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northampton, PA
Trigger Finger has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_81 View Post
Etha all of the way.
Fanboy 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiva View Post
Etha

Better build quality, service and reliability.
Fanboy 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer1699 View Post
Etha.
Fanboy 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dps093 View Post
Etha for sure
Fanboy 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
Etha. At the very least, it will come properly greased from the factory, unlike some of DP's guns.
ok so? its not like it take an hour to take the reg and bolt apart and relube it. i can relube both of those in about 1 minute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoBaller1991 View Post
etha
Fanboy 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowwake4553 View Post
I have an Etha and it is amazing. Greater starter level tourny style gun. I ended up upgrading to an etek 3 eventually though.

I am selling mine If he is interested. It's in flawless condition. Pm me if interested.
Fanboy 6 and semi bst....
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklight View Post
of those two, etha
Fanboy 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughanBallaa View Post
i owned both, still have my G4. I perfer it ALOT over the etha
Looks - G4
Maintnence - G4
Reliability - G4 (most people with G4's dont know how to maintain a marker, their stupid simple to maintain and use very simple system, they are very reliable in my hands)
Efficiency -G4, eaaaaasily, mine gets 11 pods off 68/45 right now
Trigger - Etha
Grips - G4
Board - Tie
ASA - Etha
Shot quality - tie
Thank you! finally an honest opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthunter View Post
Having used both, I'd say go with the Etha. It feels better in the hands, is a bit more efficient, and is less prone to break.
its definitely not more efficient than a g4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggalox24 View Post
etha i mean its made by pe which is a amazing company better parts and bords even if the etha might be a back up marker imo still better ive herd dp markers arent as good not even by a long shot
Fanboy 8....... btw a company like PE can have ****ty service every once and while too. also i would love to know where you "herd" that dp markers arent as good. DP markers are just as good as any other markers out on the market. it all has to do with how the owners treat them. Also judging by your spelling and grammar you probably couldnt maintain anything other than an etha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacob View Post
Yeah, like said above, the Etha lacks in quality of feel, but it will be a reliable marker that will keep you in the game with very minimal downtime. As opposed to the g4 which, if you're as unlucky as the 3 kids i met this weekend, will have either a leak, board problem, or constantly re-chrono because of random dropoff. I'm not saying all DP guns are bad, as there are quite a few who swear by them, but so far, i'm 3 for 4 of seeing DP guns going down on the field.
i bet any money that those 3 or 4 dp guns that go down in a day have a lot to do with how their owners treat them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spreadhawknine View Post
etha dont go dp eclipse all the way
Fanboy 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyvanth View Post
Etha. I absolutely love mine.
Fanboy 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by robf88 View Post
G4's are good guns if maintained properly and I feel like they have better ergos.
THANK YOU!
Despite this, I feel like the Etha is a better purchase because you are less likely to encounter issues and I think it shoots a bit smoother, but both are kind of rough for spoolies.
the only reason you are less likely to encounter problems with an etha is because PE makes there guns idiot proof but in return they sacrifice performance.

Ok so there are at least 10 PE fanboys that posted etha and didnt give you valid reason to choose the etha over a G4. so here is my take:
  • the G4 has the simpler bolt system.
  • the g4 is all aluminum unlike the etha which has composite parts.
  • The G4 is easy to lube and maintain. all you need to do it relube the bolt and reg after a day of play and your good.
  • The G4 is more efficient than an etha.
  • You can also get the techt bolt engine for the g4 which will completely change the gun for the good. With the techt bolt you will notice a very smooth and quiet shot and your efficiency will go through the roof! 1500-1800 shots on a 68/4500 tank thanks to techts new and improved bolt system
  • My final reason to pick the g4 is because of the DP forum on here. we are the friendliest forum on PBN and we can help you solve any issues that you may have.


__________________
Reverse Poison 2K12 Bob Long G6R
DP G3 Spec r W/ Techt Bolt Engine, VP Deuce Trigger, and a 7E OLED Board
2K2 Vert. Feed Autococker W/ CCM Pump Kit and Gat Products A/T

My Gear Bag Sale!!! Click Me!

Last edited by Trigger Finger : 10-08-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Trigger Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:49 PM #26
peacob
 
 
peacob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
peacob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
peacob supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger Finger View Post
Fanboy 1

Fanboy 2

Fanboy 3

Fanboy 4

ok so? its not like it take an hour to take the reg and bolt apart and relube it. i can relube both of those in about 1 minute.

Fanboy 5

Fanboy 6 and semi bst....

Fanboy 7

Thank you! finally an honest opinion.

its definitely not more efficient than a g4.

Fanboy 8....... btw a company like PE can have ****ty service every once and while too. also i would love to know where you "herd" that dp markers arent as good. DP markers are just as good as any other markers out on the market. it all has to do with how the owners treat them. Also judging by your spelling and grammar you probably couldnt maintain anything other than an etha.

i bet any money that those 3 or 4 dp guns that go down in a day have a lot to do with how their owners treat them.

Fanboy 9

Fanboy 10

the only reason you are less likely to encounter problems with an etha is because PE makes there guns idiot proof but in return they sacrifice performance.

Ok so there are at least 10 PE fanboys that posted etha and didnt give you valid reason to choose the etha over a G4. so here is my take:
  • the G4 has the simpler bolt system.
  • the g4 is all aluminum unlike the etha which has composite parts.
  • The G4 is easy to lube and maintain. all you need to do it relube the bolt and reg after a day of play and your good.
  • The G4 is more efficient than an etha.
  • You can also get the techt bolt engine for the g4 which will completely change the gun for the good. With the techt bolt you will notice a very smooth and quiet shot and your efficiency will go through the roof! 1500-1800 shots on a 68/4500 tank thanks to techts new and improved bolt system
  • My final reason to pick the g4 is because of the DP forum on here. we are the friendliest forum on PBN and we can help you solve any issues that you may have.


It must be pretty easy to just call everyone a fanboy....

I dont care what you say, PE obviously has a bigger following...... and its for a pretty clear reason, they make great guns and have proven that over the course of many years.

Lets look at it this way.

Ferrari has been in the game for many many years.... it has a stout fan base that is die hard and loves them. Now take Koenigsegg... way less known but puts out a car that competes in nearly every aspect. Clearly when you make a post asking should i get a Ferrari or a competing spec Koenigsegg, you'll get many many more people saying Ferrari because of its tradition and heritage... Now, calling all those people fanboys? I personally think its just stupid. Who cares, you will always have a deep following if you continue to put out a fantastic product... .so who are you to take away that opinion from them?

If i'm a fanboy, then you're an idiot.

And in response to what you said about how the owners treat them....

Sure, maybe it is how they treat them... but did you stop and think that maybe the Proto owners i mentioned treat their guns the same? They were all teenagers and they all seemed new to the sport, with these guns probably being their first electro's. I dont care what you say about how the owner treated them... they all probably lack the greatest skills to keep the gun up and running... but at the end of the day, what i saw was the Protos kept chugging away while the DP owners were left on the sidelines... Argue all you want, but i'm just telling it like it is.


btw- you are also dead wrong if you dont think an Etha is more efficient than a g4.... We are talking about a compression controlled poppet vs a dump valve. Lets use our brain here if you're just going to call everyone out.
__________________
LuxeMob
EgoMafia

Last edited by peacob : 10-08-2012 at 09:00 PM.
peacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:49 PM #27
Trigger Finger
Yetipb.com
 
Trigger Finger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northampton, PA
Trigger Finger has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacob View Post
It must be pretty easy to just call everyone a fanboy....

I dont care what you say, PE obviously has a bigger following...... and its for a pretty clear reason, they make great guns and have proven that over the course of many years.

Lets look at it this way.

Ferrari has been in the game for many many years.... it has a stout fan base that is die hard and loves them. Now take Koenigsegg... way less known but puts out a car that competes in nearly every aspect. Clearly when you make a post asking should i get a Ferrari or a competing spec Koenigsegg, you'll get many many more people saying Ferrari because of its tradition and heritage... Now, calling all those people fanboys? I personally think its just stupid. Who cares, you will always have a deep following if you continue to put out a fantastic product... .so who are you to take away that opinion from them?

If i'm a fanboy, then you're an idiot.

And in response to what you said about how the owners treat them....

Sure, maybe it is how they treat them... but did you stop and think that maybe the Proto owners i mentioned treat their guns the same? They were all teenagers and they all seemed new to the sport, with these guns probably being their first electro's. I dont care what you say about how the owner treated them... they all probably lack the greatest skills to keep the gun up and running... but at the end of the day, what i saw was the Protos kept chugging away while the DP owners were left on the sidelines... Argue all you want, but i'm just telling it like it is.


btw- you are also dead wrong if you dont think an Etha is more efficient than a g4.... We are talking about a compression controlled poppet vs a dump valve. Lets use our brain here if you're just going to call everyone out.
ok so you wanna talk about a Ferrari. the ego is the Ferrari in the paintball market. now the G6R is the Koenigsegg of the paintball world. now here is the difference between them. the G6R was not made to be owned by anyone. it was made for people that know how to take care and maintain their markers. the ego was made as a highend that would be idiot proof so all the little PE fanboys can buy it and not have to worry about be disappointed once it breaks because they have no clue how to maintain them. now when they made the ego idiot proof they also had to sacrifice some performance. im not saying the ego is a bad marker but what im trying to say is that bob long easily makes the better marker and if you were to put it in the hands of a PE fanboy they will say they like how the G6r shoots better. but they will still stick with their ego because they dont like the extra maintence. so they try to tell everyone that the G6R is trash compared to the ego because they just dont want to admit they are lazy. the same goes for the etha and G4.

All proto are great markers but im not talking about them. they also cost more than the etha and G4.

Etha gets about 7-8 pods on a full 68/4500 tank.
G4 gets roughly the same possibly a little bit more. once you add the new techt bolt you are getting about 1600ish shots on a full tank.
just because the etha is some sort of poppet doesnt mean it gets good efficiency. just look at a stock marq 6. your lucky to get 1000 shots off a full fill. also spools can be very efficient. just look at the clone.

BTW: i never said you were a fanboy..... just saying.
__________________
Reverse Poison 2K12 Bob Long G6R
DP G3 Spec r W/ Techt Bolt Engine, VP Deuce Trigger, and a 7E OLED Board
2K2 Vert. Feed Autococker W/ CCM Pump Kit and Gat Products A/T

My Gear Bag Sale!!! Click Me!
Trigger Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:57 PM #28
Darko9989
MacDev Militia
 
Darko9989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Calvert City, KY
Annual Supporting Member
Darko9989 is BST Trusted
Darko9989 is playing at Living Legends V
Darko9989 is for the Gunfight
Darko9989 supports Pev's Paintball
Darko9989 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Darko9989 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger Finger

ok so you wanna talk about a Ferrari. the ego is the Ferrari in the paintball market. now the G6R is the Koenigsegg of the paintball world. now here is the difference between them. the G6R was not made to be owned by anyone. it was made for people that know how to take care and maintain their markers. the ego was made as a highend that would be idiot proof so all the little PE fanboys can buy it and not have to worry about be disappointed once it breaks because they have no clue how to maintain them. now when they made the ego idiot proof they also had to sacrifice some performance. im not saying the ego is a bad marker but what im trying to say is that bob long easily makes the better marker and if you were to put it in the hands of a PE fanboy they will say they like how the G6r shoots better. but they will still stick with their ego because they dont like the extra maintence. so they try to tell everyone that the G6R is trash compared to the ego because they just dont want to admit they are lazy. the same goes for the etha and G4.

All proto are great markers but im not talking about them. they also cost more than the etha and G4.

Etha gets about 7-8 pods on a full 68/4500 tank.
G4 gets roughly the same possibly a little bit more. once you add the new techt bolt you are getting about 1600ish shots on a full tank.
just because the etha is some sort of poppet doesnt mean it gets good efficiency. just look at a stock marq 6. your lucky to get 1000 shots off a full fill. also spools can be very efficient. just look at the clone.

BTW: i never said you were a fanboy..... just saying.
Lol. I will jump in here to agree with you about the G6R and Ego and then I will show myself out. Carry on.
Darko9989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:29 PM #29
peacob
 
 
peacob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
peacob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
peacob supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger Finger View Post
ok so you wanna talk about a Ferrari. the ego is the Ferrari in the paintball market. now the G6R is the Koenigsegg of the paintball world. now here is the difference between them. the G6R was not made to be owned by anyone. it was made for people that know how to take care and maintain their markers. the ego was made as a highend that would be idiot proof so all the little PE fanboys can buy it and not have to worry about be disappointed once it breaks because they have no clue how to maintain them. now when they made the ego idiot proof they also had to sacrifice some performance. im not saying the ego is a bad marker but what im trying to say is that bob long easily makes the better marker and if you were to put it in the hands of a PE fanboy they will say they like how the G6r shoots better. but they will still stick with their ego because they dont like the extra maintence. so they try to tell everyone that the G6R is trash compared to the ego because they just dont want to admit they are lazy. the same goes for the etha and G4.

All proto are great markers but im not talking about them. they also cost more than the etha and G4.

Etha gets about 7-8 pods on a full 68/4500 tank.
G4 gets roughly the same possibly a little bit more. once you add the new techt bolt you are getting about 1600ish shots on a full tank.
just because the etha is some sort of poppet doesnt mean it gets good efficiency. just look at a stock marq 6. your lucky to get 1000 shots off a full fill. also spools can be very efficient. just look at the clone.

BTW: i never said you were a fanboy..... just saying.
My hidden point with the the ferrari/koenigsegg was that when you get in the high-end bracket it becomes personal preference. Saying bob long is koenigsegg is think is a terrible comparison. Long has been a respected player in the gun market for a long time... Koenigsegg definitely does not have the history that Ferrari does, same goes for DP.

Also, i dont think anyone has EVER said the g6r was "trash" so dont blow that out of proportion... there are people that hold ease of maintenance very high in their views of a gun. People know what they want and dont feel they need to change their opinion on something when what they currently have works perfect for them. I feel you also take a lot of responses like, "i have the ego11 and its great, i'd take that over a g6r" as a "fanboy" statement, but really, they just truly enjoy what they have and can only comment on what they know for a fact, and that fact is the ego has treated them well with no complaints.

This is a little offtopic, but in the world of watches and timepieces, there are various movements that power these watches. The ego is like the ETA 2824 movement... its an automatic workhorse movement that will last you for decades without needing to be worked on. The ETA is put in watches ranging from 400-5,000$ watches, that being said, there ARE better movements out there, but at the end of the day, people will be loyal to the trusty ETA movement simply because they know it works, and can take a beating... Which is how i feel many Ego owners base their judgment by.

That all being said you're bringing the g6r/ego arguement into this which has really no bearing as to what we were discussing in this thread. I know the g6r is a better gun all around, i never disputed that, nor was it ever brought up until now. And if you want to bring up that no one brought up the car discussion until I did, i will defend myself and say i never argued why one was better, i was just pointing out that people are loyal to the company with more history and tradition.

We are not comparing PE vs Bob Long, we are comparing a newer company with a track record to not properly lube a gun before its packaged against a company that has put out respected guns that have a serious following (yes i'm sure PE has had some flaws in certain guns, but again, they've been out so long that many times it is forgotten about, whereas DP has had such a short life and already they managed to put out a gun with flaws from the factory... so obviously people are going to be hung up on that in terms of comparing two different guns.). All guns have their problems from time to time, no one is disputing that... but to come in here and to call everyone a fanboy and immediately trash on what i witnessed this weekend is just stupid.

As for the efficiency, i'm not going to sit here and argue about bolt systems, but i know for a fact that an Etha is more efficient out of the box than a g4. Sure, you can tune the g4 to be a little better against a non-tuned Etha, but if they were both professionally teched, the Etha would still be ahead.... And i never said it was worlds ahead, i'm just saying that the Etha is marginally better in that aspect. And lets no bring upgrades into this discussion because again, we are talking about stock for stock out of the box.
__________________
LuxeMob
EgoMafia
peacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:38 AM #30
oLlmas-_-
305
 
oLlmas-_-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Miami, Florida
oLlmas-_- has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
oLlmas-_- has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
oLlmas-_- has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
oLlmas-_- is attending Decay of Nations VI
etha
__________________
South Florida RiptideSetup: 2011 reflex rail, GA 45/4500, rotor, vforce grillz
oLlmas-_- is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump