Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 12:45 PM #43
BodyCount81
Jerrah

BodyCount81 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by memorex View Post
Some would say. But the numbers don't lie. They have put up 13,8,21,19, and 24pts for me. They have more points then most RBs out there, haha.

Bears are doing great at getting to the Qb's and they have gotten a godly amount of pick 6s the last two weeks.
I'm not saying it didn't work because the Bears defense has done pretty good but I think it's to risky. My plan this year was to just play whatever defense was playing the lolphins, jags, etc. but then I picked up Arizona.

Arizona put up 24 for me a few weeks ago. They pretty much won my game for me.

Just offered James Jones and Green Ellis for Alfred Morris and Steven Jackson. I'm hoping since SJax has been hurt and Jones is doing pretty good that he accepts.

"It's mine."
Old 10-08-2012, 12:50 PM #44
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK

For me it all depends on how I feel about my picks leading up to it. If I love my draft then I will roll the dice on a top tier defense early.
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Old 10-08-2012, 12:57 PM #45
BodyCount81
Jerrah

BodyCount81 supports Cereal Killerz 2
I suck at drafting. Last year I had maybe 6 guys on my roster that I drafted.

Just offered Pitta, Green Ellis, and James Jones for Steven Jackson and Alfred Morris. He has Jermichael Finley who apparently got hurt and SJax has looked terrible so I'm hoping he wants to get rid of him and I can get him cheap.

"It's mine."
Old 10-08-2012, 02:02 PM #46
Nah 85
- muted -

Nah 85 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
For me it all depends on how I feel about my picks leading up to it. If I love my draft then I will roll the dice on a top tier defense early.
Should also take into considering how big is your league, too big then you should get defense early because it equals slim picking on the ww.

Pittsburgh Steelers
PSN: Nah85
Old 10-08-2012, 02:12 PM #47
JJags32MJD
DTWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Dogg View Post

Found this on r/jaguars

Actual honest to God serious question here though. Gabbert doesn't seem to be developing very quickly (or at least has been overshadowed by the development of Ponder, Luck, RGIII, Cam, and Dalton). How long before the Jags actually give up on him? I mean if they have a shot at Barkley this draft they have to take it, right?
I would rather have us keep and develop Gabbert than take Barkley. Gabbert is still only 22 years old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyCount81 View Post
It's the Jags. Most likely they'll trade down and pick up another overrated player. They will also use the 3rd rounder on a kicker to compliment their 3rd round punter.
Depends if we get rid of our gm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintnoob13 View Post
Nah, gabbert charges millions for it.

I love that all offseason all we heard was "you guys are trolling, the jags are underrated because the media hates us, gabbert has looked great this offseason, cant wait until the season so you all look like idiots, etc."... and it turns out everyone that said the jags suck are right and now Jags fans are all praying for geno. It's great to see
Still haven't answered my question. Why so salty? Its getting sort of humorous now.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:17 PM #48
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

has been a member for 10 years
Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintnoob13 View Post
How do you feel about schaub?
For our game tonight, or in general? Tonight I think I am going to come up a little short. Overall I am happy with him, I don't like to spend early picks on the big name QBs.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old 10-08-2012, 02:46 PM #49
Lou Dogg
Prepare to die

Lou Dogg owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJags32MJD View Post
I would rather have us keep and develop Gabbert than take Barkley. Gabbert is still only 22 years old.
That is true. I'll give you that I don't watch Jags games so I'm just going off the numbers. He has a passer rating of 73.3 which is only better than Weeden, Cassel, Tannehill, and the vaunted Sanchize. He's got a 55.4% completion rate, which is 30th in the NFL, and he takes sacks like it's his job. You really think that it is worth it to try to develop it rather than taking someone who could be better from the start? I understand that you have other needs that should be addressed, but it's been shown that quality QB play is essential to winning in the end (Dilfer being the exception but we can't all have Ray Lewis in his prime carrying a team)

Big_Dangerous: "Has anyone here ever let a chick **** them with a strapon?"
Old 10-08-2012, 03:07 PM #50
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
bears have yet to play a team in the top half of the league in scoring and have played their last 3 games against teams in the bottom 10.

Last edited by madgoat : 10-08-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:10 PM #51
JJags32MJD
DTWD

Quote:
That is true. I'll give you that I don't watch Jags games so I'm just going off the numbers. He has a passer rating of 73.3 which is only better than Weeden, Cassel, Tannehill, and the vaunted Sanchize. He's got a 55.4% completion rate, which is 30th in the NFL, and he takes sacks like it's his job. You really think that it is worth it to try to develop it rather than taking someone who could be better from the start? I understand that you have other needs that should be addressed, but it's been shown that quality QB play is essential to winning in the end (Dilfer being the exception but we can't all have Ray Lewis in his prime carrying a team)
I think he can develop and be a really good qb in the next few years. He has improved a lot since last year, ie his footwork and "crumbling" issues all with just one offseason, he looks like a new qb. He also takes by far the most criticism of any quarterback and handles himself pretty well. What he lacks right now is that game changer capability and he tends to drop his eyes once he starts getting pressured a lot, needs a bit more pocket presence.

As for Barkley, I think he will be a good qb but for a team who has established positions and gameplan around him. And SC doesn't have a great track record of college to pro qbs as of late.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:14 PM #52
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

Quote:
I think he can develop and be a really good qb in the next few years. He has improved a lot since last year, ie his footwork and "crumbling" issues all with just one offseason, he looks like a new qb. He also takes by far the most criticism of any quarterback and handles himself pretty well. What he lacks right now is that game changer capability and he tends to drop his eyes once he starts getting pressured a lot, needs a bit more pocket presence.

As for Barkley, I think he will be a good qb but for a team who has established positions and gameplan around him. And SC doesn't have a great track record of college to pro qbs as of late.
he's inaccurate, dumb, and doesn't have a great arm. There is no hope for him, just accept that he was a bad pick and move on
Old 10-08-2012, 03:17 PM #53
JJags32MJD
DTWD

Lol.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:22 PM #54
RamapoLax
Batmanchu!

Do you actually think he takes the most criticism of any quarterback in the league? And no, a bunch of random people on a paintball forum saying he sucks doesn't qualify as taking criticism.

"Happiness never decreases from being shared."
Old 10-08-2012, 03:24 PM #55
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

did you even watch the same game I did? The jags were playing right with the bears until blaine did what he does best and gave the game away. That first INT was just a horrible all around. Bad decision, terrible throw, and a back breaker. I don't understand how any "fan" can sit there and support a guy who's shown nothing at any level that suggest he'll ever become a good player. He was meh in college and now he sucks in the NFL.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:28 PM #56
RamapoLax
Batmanchu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat View Post
did you even watch the same game I did? The jags were playing right with the bears until blaine did what he does best and gave the game away. That first INT was just a horrible all around. Bad decision, terrible throw, and a back breaker. I don't understand how any "fan" can sit there and support a guy who's shown nothing at any level that suggest he'll ever become a good player. He was meh in college and now he sucks in the NFL.
This is what I don't understand, it isn't like he was a stud in college or something. He was very average at best playing in a spread type offense at Mizzou, the only reason he was graded so high is because it was an incredibly weak QB class to begin with.

"Happiness never decreases from being shared."
Old 10-08-2012, 03:28 PM #57
Lou Dogg
Prepare to die

Lou Dogg owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
He also takes by far the most criticism of any quarterback and handles himself pretty well.
I understand what you are trying to say here, but I think Kolb, Vick, Sanchez, and Cassel take more crap than Gabbert.
Quote:
This is very true. USC sucks at making QB's. Palmer was good until injuries ruined him, but other than that...

Full disclosure here, I was really pissed when the Jags traded up to grab Gabbert. I really wanted him as a Viking at the time, and was super happy he was going to fall to us. I was also very unhappy with the Ponder pick. Guess that's why I'm not a talent scout.

Big_Dangerous: "Has anyone here ever let a chick **** them with a strapon?"
Old 10-08-2012, 03:33 PM #58
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

Quote:
I understand what you are trying to say here, but I think Kolb, Vick, Sanchez, and Cassel take more crap than Gabbert.

This is very true. USC sucks at making QB's. Palmer was good until injuries ruined him, but other than that...

Full disclosure here, I was really pissed when the Jags traded up to grab Gabbert. I really wanted him as a Viking at the time, and was super happy he was going to fall to us. I was also very unhappy with the Ponder pick. Guess that's why I'm not a talent scout.
even cutler takes more flak, though he sucks too. Bears fans have now deluded themselves into believing that the bears are an elite team since they are 4-1. Nevermind that the only decent team they've played beat them by double digits and cutler has largely looked like **** most of the season. I'm thinking its gonna be a long fall down to reality for a lot of bears fans over the next 5 or so weeks.

Also, if you'd look back, I accurately predicted gabbert sucking. I saw a couple mizzou games when he was in college and always thought he was a crap qb, then all of a sudden I'm watching ESPN one day and McShay is on his soap box proclaiming that gabbert is the best QB in the draft. I was so confused.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:39 PM #59
Marko34256

has been a member for 10 years
Marko34256 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Marko34256 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
He was a pretty average QB at Mizzou, certainly no better than Chase Daniel was. I was really surprised when he was drafted so early.

I think Cassel has been the worst lately, but Romo and Sanchez probably get the most flak since the Cowboys are 'murica's team and the Jets, for whatever reason, always seem to be on tv (getting Tebow certainly doesn't help)
Old 10-08-2012, 03:45 PM #60
JJags32MJD
DTWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamapoLax View Post
Do you actually think he takes the most criticism of any quarterback in the league? And no, a bunch of random people on a paintball forum saying he sucks doesn't qualify as taking criticism.
Lol like it really matters what anybody here says. Search his name on any sports site and most articles, especially from last year will have criticism. Some of which is warranted but not to such a high degree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat View Post
Did what he does best. He threw one pick before yesterdays game. That was a poor decision but it looked like it could've been a miscommunication as well. I don't see how you can talk when you have cutler as your qb. And yeah its getting difficult seeing this ****, but to say he's shown nothing to suggest he can become a good player? You know nothing. There's no point in having such a knee jerk reaction.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:52 PM #61
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

Quote:
Lol like it really matters what anybody here says. Search his name on any sports site and most articles, especially from last year will have criticism. Some of which is warranted but not to such a high degree.

Did what he does best. He threw one pick before yesterdays game. That was a poor decision but it looked like it could've been a miscommunication as well. I don't see how you can talk when you have cutler as your qb. And yeah its getting difficult seeing this ****, but to say he's shown nothing to suggest he can become a good player? You know nothing. There's no point in having such a knee jerk reaction.
before yesterday's game: 55% completion %, under 50% in 2/4 games, 5.8ypa, 160 yards passing per game, etc... He's complete trash.

A knee jerk reaction is saying he's going to become a good player because he didn't suck as much the first 4 games of the year as he did last season. he still sucks, he's still inaccurate, he's still dumb. And most importantly, the jags are still losing. Again, he's shown nothing at all to suggest he'll ever be a good qb, saying "you know nothing" just makes you look delusional.

Also, what does cutler sucking have to do with the fact gabbert sucks? I'm not claiming cutler is super awesome and gabbert sucks, I've said since the day the bears got cutler that he was overrated and I didn't like him as a qb.

Last edited by madgoat : 10-08-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:57 PM #62
JJags32MJD
DTWD

You're right bud, let's scrap him.

Edit: Lol, I don't think you know what knee jerk means. It would be a knee jerk if I said he was going to be a pro bowler, but potentially be good, lolno.

And because we've all seen cutler make far worse passes than that.

You act like this is ****ing tebow ffs.

Last edited by JJags32MJD : 10-08-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:20 PM #63
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK

Hey remember that time Gabbert took over a team that was a dumpster fire and led them to a playoff win?

Me neither.
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Closed Thread