Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-11-2012, 11:43 AM #1
deaallen

SP1 and a sliding stock, MP5 stock?

I was just thinking why this hasn't been done already. Killjoys made the ROC stock, but thats about it for the SP1/G-1 and a sliding stocks, and lets face it, the ROC stock just looks clumsy and unnecessarily heavy, to me anyway....

Personally I loved the stock on my old TM7, the MP5 style, so I was thinking of modding a cheap one to fit my G-1 and seeing how it goes!

But yeah I was just wondering what you guys think, whether its worthwile or if you've seen anyone else do this before?
deaallen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2012, 02:20 PM #2
SP1-LORD

I think the reason we havent seen these is that we would run into clearance issues if we used pre existing ones for say an a5 or bt. What I mean is that the bars that slide out of the housing on those markers, are built to slide down the thin upper portion of the marker on the a5/bt. The Sp1/G1 has a fairly thick body chasis. So if you were to hold one of those stocks up to the back of the sp1 it would run right into the body lines. One saving grace however is the fact that the sp1 is a composite body, so it is easily shaved and worked on. In theory you could mill down part of the body for the stock to be able to slide along side it, but you may weaken the structure of the body. I doubt it would weaken it dramatically due to the fact I have cut and shaped about 4 sp1s much more dramatically than this and had no problems when done properly, but still something to look out for. That said, if you get a good solid stock for say airsoft mp5s with a metal rear housing and metal sliders, you wouldnt have flex in the stock and the added strength of the stock itself would lessen your need to re-enforce parts of the body. Thats only my 2 cents though.
SP1-LORD is offline   Reply With Quote