PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-05-2012, 06:58 PM #1
shpak10

shpak10 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
shpak10 supports Sherwood Forest
Coming back?

hey Pbnation i got out of the sport a while back and i am little rusty on my paintball info so just want your opinion on some stuff. this time im not going crazy and buying dm's. i just want a cheaper gun under 200 and i need some ideas from you guys. thanks
shpak10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:09 PM #2
ReynardHonda

If you're looking at a speedball type marker have a look at the GoG Envy for under $200, GoG Extcy runs around $250 but a better bang for your buck. B/S/T section will find you a higher end marker in your price range as will online classifieds.
ReynardHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:18 PM #3
shpak10

ight other opinons? i am looking for a speedball gun
Old 10-05-2012, 07:52 PM #4
archerpb2013

archerpb2013 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
archerpb2013 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
archerpb2013 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
if you buy an older dm you could get in that range, but i bought a uld pm7 and its not a dm but close. IMO its pretty much the next best thing from that time period.
archerpb2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:40 PM #5
bhotz
Challenge Accepted.

bhotz is playing at Living Legends VI
bhotz supports Pev's Paintball
bhotz has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bhotz has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
In my opinion, get something new, and something simple. Take a look at the Azodin Blitz and Spyder Fenix. They will both give you the performance you need for the price. You could also get a Smart Parts Ion. You can probably find a brand new one right around 200$. They are very upgradeable and are great for the price. Going used though you should consider a mini or maybe something like that. I'm not sure if you like them or not, but also take a look at the Spyder Electra. Everything I have mentioned will definately be a worthwhile choice for you. But also let us know what hopper, mask, and tank you have. As long as you have a compressed air tank, even if it's a steelie it should be ok. As far as a hopper goes pick up a vlocity jr. or vmax or spyder fasta. Mask I would get something good try proflex.
Eflex
bhotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:56 PM #6
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
There really is no gun under $200 to recommend to you. I mean, if you are used to shooting dm's.... Thats like saying, I'm used to a spyder, what do you recommend for me under 100... I'd probably recommend you go and throw the paintballs at someone.

A old dm 4/5/6/7 will shoot as good if not better than any gun on the market under $500. I am sure this comment will start some shish as well due to the axe nut swingers. But, I have one of those too and I'll put my dm6 dialed in against the axe w/ lurker barrel/bolt any day. By that I mean, smoothness and ball on ball accuracy. The only thing I like better on my axe is the ergonomics, efficiency, and ease of maintenance.

So, I recommend an older dm if you are trying to stay @ $200 and under. The only reason I am recommending that to you though, is you made the comment you have owned them before. I wouldn't recommend it to someone that has never owned one and is just getting into the sport. But, if you've owned them, maintained them, you know what its like to have to take care of one.

NOBAMA

Last edited by rexisme : 10-05-2012 at 09:59 PM.
rexisme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:01 PM #7
bhotz
Challenge Accepted.

bhotz is playing at Living Legends VI
bhotz supports Pev's Paintball
bhotz has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bhotz has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexisme View Post
There really is no gun under $200 to recommend to you. I mean, if you are used to shooting dm's.... Thats like saying, I'm used to a spyder, what do you recommend for me under 100... I'd probably recommend you go and throw the paintballs at someone.

A old dm 4/5/6/7 will shoot as good if not better than any gun on the market under $500. I am sure this comment will start some shish as well due to the axe nut swingers. But, I have one of those too and I'll put my dm6 dialed in against the axe w/ lurker barrel/bolt any day. By that I mean, smoothness and ball on ball accuracy. The only thing I like better on my axe is the ergonomics, efficiency, and ease of maintenance.

So, I recommend an older dm if you are trying to stay @ $200 and under. The only reason I am recommending that to you though, is you made the comment you have owned them before. I wouldn't recommend it to someone that has never owned one and is just getting into the sport. But, if you've owned them, maintained them, you know what its like to have to take care of one.
Listen to the man.
Eflex
bhotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:11 AM #8
shpak10

alright sounds good ive also owned a pmr, infinty legend, hurricanes etek, and a borg. the dm was the best i had but the pmr actually wasnt too bad and the legend is heavy but id consider buying another one.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:54 PM #9
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
I like my pmr a lot,, id actually use it still but Igot 2 new guns that are occupying my time

NOBAMA
rexisme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:26 PM #10
shpak10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexisme View Post
I like my pmr a lot,, id actually use it still but Igot 2 new guns that are occupying my time
i had a 07 what bout you?
Old 10-06-2012, 11:03 PM #11
zcrich01
Zac Richards

zcrich01 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
zcrich01 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
zcrich01 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
If you know how to maintain a dm, then a dm7 would be a good choice...it's a great gun that even at 5 years old, is still better than most of the new guns in that price range If you're looking for something that requires little to no maintenance and great efficiency in the price range, an etek 1 or 2 is the way to go. I own an etek 1 myself as a back up and have never had a single problem with it. The Infinities are nice guns, but the company is out of business, so finding parts might be a bit difficult (nothing the b/s/t can't help you with though).

Suffice to say, a dm or an etek would be a fine choice with readily available parts if needed.
zcrich01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:42 PM #12
shpak10

i loved my infinity durable as hell
Old 10-07-2012, 02:51 PM #13
Darko9989
MacDev Militia

Annual Supporting Member
Darko9989 is BST Trusted
Darko9989 is playing at Living Legends V
Darko9989 is for the Gunfight
Darko9989 supports Pev's Paintball
Darko9989 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Darko9989 is attending Decay of Nations VI
I would just suggest spending some time on BST. You are not new to the sport so you probably know what to look for. Keep looking until you find something good in your price range.
Darko9989 is offline   Reply With Quote