PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-02-2012, 12:28 AM #1
Dentpusher

Having issue with Velocity in Crystal shell

Hello everyone,

I am trying to put my Velocity guts into one of two crystal shells that I acquired. The question is, is it an eye issue when either of the two semi-clear shells or some type of binding on the raceway or motor. The crystal shells were a tighter fit than the old solid black (you can see it in the video). They are tighter from the back to the feedneck, it requires a LITTLE force to get it to snap in and has a snugger fit than the black shell.

Since the video, I did notice, if I squeezed the shell (from the feedneck toward the rear of the shell) that the hopper sped up and appeared to run like normal with half the shell in place but I was not able to replicate with both shells in place. This really made no sense if it is a binding issue as I would have thought this would have made it worse given the fit of the raceway in the first place.

This has me kind of confused. Is it "too much light" issue causing the eyes to freak out or is there binding of the motor somehow? Anyone else seen and cured this issue before?

Here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQamXRT7rY4

Thanks in advance for any help!

My GEAR Bag sale

TeamChaos99 ripped me and others off! Good guy gone bad!!!

Last edited by Dentpusher : 10-02-2012 at 12:43 AM.
Dentpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2012, 08:40 AM #2
EmpireTech
Always here to Help

EmpireTech works for a Paintball manufacturer
EmpireTech plays in the PSP
EmpireTech plays in the APPA D4 division
EmpireTech supports Empire
To me it seems like possible when you install the tray fully it is causing it to short out some where. Check to make sure that when you install it that nothing is moved so that it touched the board anywhere. Also with the tray out if you push on the eyes does it act normal? Also try making sure that every screw is tight even the motor screws.
Or Call Us at
1-800-220-3222

Last edited by EmpireTech : 10-02-2012 at 08:44 AM.
EmpireTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:17 AM #3
Dentpusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireTech View Post
To me it seems like possible when you install the tray fully it is causing it to short out some where. Check to make sure that when you install it that nothing is moved so that it touched the board anywhere. Also with the tray out if you push on the eyes does it act normal? Also try making sure that every screw is tight even the motor screws.
Well, the shorting issue is something I thought too. However I have touched, pulled, bent and tried to tweek the thing while out of the shell and not been able to replicate exactly what it does inside the shell.

I was out of paintball while these hoppers were in their "hay day" so don't have tons of experience as to how they "should" work and the manual is not super helpful but I think the eyes function properly. I do have one question tho, when I have the force/speed set on anything but one flash, the motor does not really want to shut all the way off I assumed it is because it is trying to maintain a higher tension on the ball stack. When set on one flash it shuts down perfectly. Is that normal for velocities?

I have 2 guts AND 2 crystal shells I am trying to get operational and BOTH do the same thing in any combination so I am not convinced about the short. Will check tho.

Any other ideas/pointers greatly appreciated!!!

My GEAR Bag sale

Old 10-03-2012, 08:43 PM #4
EvilPimp_
Where my money at???

I had the same exact problem when I ran a VLocity with a replacement shell. It is the motor binding on the bottom tab of the left shell by the feedneck. I cut the bottom tab off, and problem solved. It seems like the motor placement is slightly off when replacing the shell. Look at the front of the motor when installed, and you will see where it is binding.

Hartford Hustle
EvilPimp_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:39 PM #5
Dentpusher

Thank you, you confirmed my next remedy. I tried shaving a little off the tray @ the drop tube and it helped some but that was my next area to try. Thanks for confirming my suspicion.

My GEAR Bag sale

Old 10-07-2012, 03:38 PM #6
Dentpusher

That's the ticket! There are 2 horizontal tabs that stick out of the shell that contact motor, cup assembly right @ the base of the motor. They put too much pressure on the motor and bind it up. All that is needed is to Dremel (or shave) a little off those 2 tabs and VIOLA!!!

My GEAR Bag sale