Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-06-2012, 02:16 PM #1
Jephman

Etek 4 Leaking/Damage to Ram

I bought an Etek 4 off a guy a few days ago. The gun looked to be in mint condition (like he said) but when I took the bolt and ram out, this is what was greeting me.

So it's pretty obvious that he put the bolt pin in front of the ram and shot it a few times because it's a mess in the ram housing. I can't even take out the exhaust valve, because it's so dinged up that it won't slide out so it's stuck in there as far as I know.

When I air it up it leaks pretty heavily from the solenoid aswell (which I assume is because of a bad seal in the ram).

Any suggestions?
Jephman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2012, 04:40 PM #2
BigPumpPlayer

BigPumpPlayer owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Punch the guy?
Sterling STP
"I Fight YOU!!! Pew Pew!"
BigPumpPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:41 PM #3
fishleg

Ouch always wondered what would happen if I clicked the pin in front of the rammer =/.

Wow must be some pressure pushing that rammer to do that. I bet all that metal that has chipped off destroyed the housing that the rammer sits in hence the leak scratched to hell probably.

You sure you cant get the housing out a few hidden screws I know you need the reg off and theres one inside the frame where the reg screws into the main body.

That damage to the front of the rammer wont do anything to it. You might get lucky and it might be just a case of buying a rammer housing I bet but I'd replace the rammer aswell just incase it somehow touches the body.

If I was you I'd just send it for a service its under warrenty and just see what eclipse do at worse you just say you accidentally put the bolt in wrong.
fishleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:31 PM #4
Jephman

Yeah I think I'll just give PE a call on Monday and see if they can do anything about it.

And yeah if I see him I'll definitely consider punching him!
Old 10-06-2012, 08:45 PM #5
tonycon
Knuckleheads Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tonycon supports our troops
tonycon is Legendary
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Did you buy the marker here? I would definitely notify him and see if you can get some money back...

Proudly Sponsored By:
PBExplosion VirtueSpire Valken Paintball

KnuckleHeads Paintball Team
Game footage
tonycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:28 PM #6
Jephman

No I bought it through a local ad on Kijiji. Worst part is that he's denying it haha. Oh well, let's hope PE can fix it.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:58 PM #7
inferno2inferno

First, find that guy and file a case of some sort for lying about the condition of the product. Second, based on the damage report it's something planet eclipse will have to fix. Bright side is that there is no way the warranty is void because the etek4 just came out practically, so repairs and parts should be free.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:50 PM #8
p8ntshoota
Eclipse Tech Support

p8ntshoota is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
p8ntshoota works for a Paintball manufacturer
p8ntshoota owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno2inferno View Post
Bright side is that there is no way the warranty is void because the etek4 just came out practically, so repairs and parts should be free.
This is the hard part to imagine....

How is this "Warranty" related? The damage is NOT from the manufacturing process...but rather from someone being careless enough to put the bolt pin down in front of the rammer and repeatedly firing the marker.

I'm not saying the new owner will not be assisted...but how is this a Warranty situation?

OP...I believe that we have contacted each other through email...please feel free to give me a call at 401-289-2832 and I will help you get this sorted.

I Love that it takes longer to open a package for a repair on an Ego than it takes to actually fix the gun!

For the Love of Paintball....Use OILon the rammer!

If you THINK you're a Super Hero...You're NOT! SLIDE RIGHT!!!
p8ntshoota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:53 PM #9
Jephman

Yeah I just got back to your e-mail. I appreciate the help!
Old 10-13-2012, 08:00 PM #10
inferno2inferno

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntshoota

This is the hard part to imagine....

How is this "Warranty" related? The damage is NOT from the manufacturing process...but rather from someone being careless enough to put the bolt pin down in front of the rammer and repeatedly firing the marker.

I'm not saying the new owner will not be assisted...but how is this a Warranty situation?

OP...I believe that we have contacted each other through email...please feel free to give me a call at 401-289-2832 and I will help you get this sorted.
I am aware it is not a warranty situation, but depending on the terms agreed upon by the previous owner upon purchased, it might have qualified for replacement parts and labour for free or reduced cost. My apologies.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:56 AM #11
Log_Carpenter
Clemson Paintball 2012

If you bought the marker on PBnation please post this guys name all over the site so we all know not to mess with him.. If not, unlucky man.. Hate to see a good person get screwed bc someone else is a dumb a*s
Old 10-15-2012, 09:01 PM #12
Jephman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Log_Carpenter View Post
If you bought the marker on PBnation please post this guys name all over the site so we all know not to mess with him.. If not, unlucky man.. Hate to see a good person get screwed bc someone else is a dumb a*s
Nah it was a local seller on Kijiji. Oh well, buyer beware right?
Old 10-28-2012, 07:41 PM #13
Jephman

I'd just like to give a huge thanks to p8ntshoota for taking care of me. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Old 10-29-2012, 10:45 AM #14
lapierrejr1

No gooda!!!!
lapierrejr1 is offline   Reply With Quote