Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-04-2012, 12:40 AM #1
Christen

Christen plays in the PSP
Christen posts videos on PbNation
Christen plays in the APPA D4 division
Rebuilding My STK Quest

Guys i have a few questions i have a STK Quest which i bought in the late 2008 if im not mistaken,This gun was shooting great and didn't give me any trouble till one day the BOLT broke out in half. Looking up info etc they said it was my lpr or dwell that wasn't set correct alright so i bought a new BOLT which i think it was called the GOLD Quest Bolt something like that, first use on the field it broke once again in half since that day i threw this gun aside and didn't worry much about it up until know. I wanted to check if i could start checking out info etc for my quest i basically need a barrel and a bolt for the rest there in good condition.

now i wanna ask if you guys wouldn't mind helping me out here. since im a bit outdated on the gun.

i also wanted to ask if this has ever happened to you? a friend of mind told me it was a whole factory error that they did with the bolt not sure if this is true or not?!

Hope you guys can help me out

Thxs

Christen G.
Blazed & Confused "2010"

HK ARMY

KRDFLMZ
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2012, 08:30 AM #2
tlmiller

tlmiller is for the Gunfight
Yes, some of the goldmember bolts were known to be a bit fragile, they were milled without enough material to strengthen them and could break.

If you can find one, I'd suggest picking up a Thin Air Sports 4B bolt kit. It includes a new bolt and guide, and is far superior to anything else available for the Quest.

If you can't find one, Critical paintball has the RSF bolt, which is still a superior bolt to the Goldmember, and is also much cheaper than 4B since it is only a bolt.

2014 Vapor for sale only

Copy and paste this into your signature if you use Linux.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:08 PM #3
Christen

Christen plays in the PSP
Christen posts videos on PbNation
Christen plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmiller View Post
Yes, some of the goldmember bolts were known to be a bit fragile, they were milled without enough material to strengthen them and could break.

If you can find one, I'd suggest picking up a Thin Air Sports 4B bolt kit. It includes a new bolt and guide, and is far superior to anything else available for the Quest.

If you can't find one, Critical paintball has the RSF bolt, which is still a superior bolt to the Goldmember, and is also much cheaper than 4B since it is only a bolt.
thxs man one questions isnt the RSF bolt the stock one that came with it? cause that also broke! the stock one and the goldmember one now im afraid in investing money on this gun and the same things happens again i would go ape **** on this beast! haha but will def check the Air sports 4b bolt kit
Blazed & Confused "2010"

HK ARMY

KRDFLMZ
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:31 PM #4
Demo2222

Annual Supporting Member
Demo2222 is playing at Living Legends VII
Demo2222 supports Empire
Contact 31st outfitters about the 4b
They were the only place selling it
Demo2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:35 PM #5
tlmiller

tlmiller is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
thxs man one questions isnt the RSF bolt the stock one that came with it? cause that also broke! the stock one and the goldmember one now im afraid in investing money on this gun and the same things happens again i would go ape **** on this beast! haha but will def check the Air sports 4b bolt kit
No, RSF was just released in like 2010 with the Critical Quests.

2014 Vapor for sale only

Copy and paste this into your signature if you use Linux.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:29 PM #6
Demo2222

Annual Supporting Member
Demo2222 is playing at Living Legends VII
Demo2222 supports Empire
the rsf is anodized red.
typically silver is stock although they made a few silvermembers
gold is goldmember and the 4b bolt is blue

having your low pressure too high is what breaks the bolts other than the poor design with the goldmember. Not so much dwell I wouldnt think. You shouldnt need to run it higher than 80-100.
is there a lp gauge on the marker in question?

Last edited by Demo2222 : 10-11-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Demo2222 is offline   Reply With Quote