Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-09-2012, 12:54 PM #1
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Moving Invisibly

What are your ways of moving invisibly on the field? I'm not just talking about moving quickly or silently. I'm talking about moving invisibly, becoming one with the field, just another bush in the trees. What setup do you use for being invisible and why?

I, as a leader, tend to stay in full view of my players and out of the view of the opponents. When, however, I have to move up the field, I try to do so invisibly. One way that I do it is to simply move slowly from cover to cover during a large firefight on the other side of the field. Another is to slink along the sidelines in my camo, blending with the tumbleweeds and cactus at my local field. I use a standard setup Tippmann A5 with an LP hopper and an inline reg. My camo is US Army ACU (Army Combat Uniform), a nice-colored mask, and black-gray outlines to blend a little better.

So, hit me with your best tips and let's make a database!
Noah

Rocking drop-forwards like they're going out of style...oh, wait...
Proud Pumper since 2011
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2012, 01:03 PM #2
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Use your gun, a paintball gun can be useful for other things than just tagging an opponent. If you shoot at someone, their most common reaction is to duck behind whatever bunker they can find, which normally involves taking their sight off you. So, just shooting at someone's bunker will give you enough time to move up while they think you are still camped out shooting at them.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:20 PM #3
i_bunker_u
Train Wreck

i_bunker_u plays in the PSP
i_bunker_u owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i_bunker_u plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post
Use your gun, a paintball gun can be useful for other things than just tagging an opponent. If you shoot at someone, their most common reaction is to duck behind whatever bunker they can find, which normally involves taking their sight off you. So, just shooting at someone's bunker will give you enough time to move up while they think you are still camped out shooting at them.
agreed, all i ever do is hide behind my gun, just blow there bunker up until you make it to a tree line or some sort of flanking position.
i_bunker_u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:00 PM #4
quinn96

quinn96 is for the Gunfight
quinn96 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
quinn96 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Ever heard of tree walking??? It's when you blind spot someone and creap up then listening for their movements and when you judge is right pop right on out and surprise them :-) works very well for me :-)

"if your not stalking.. your not showing love"

"Asking if auto trigger is worth it is like asking if sex is worth it. The event won't always be frequent, but when it happens you walk away with a smile on your face and a lump in your pants."

MCB Feedback!!: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
quinn96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:02 PM #5
quinn96

quinn96 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
quinn96 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Oh and pumps work best for me being "sneaky" or any other marker that can launch a paintball out Of the barrel :-)

"if your not stalking.. your not showing love"

"Asking if auto trigger is worth it is like asking if sex is worth it. The event won't always be frequent, but when it happens you walk away with a smile on your face and a lump in your pants."

MCB Feedback!!: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
quinn96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:06 AM #6
Pat.Lee39
OEF 2012

One more thing get rid of the ACU's they dont blend in with anything you would be better with BDU's or some kind of Multi-cam design. and like Quinn says tree walking works well
Pat.Lee39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:58 AM #7
Dark Side
You will know the power

Annual Supporting Member
Dark Side is BST Trusted
OP plays with cactus and tumbleweeds not trees and shrubs. ACUs might do him just fine. Although I'd invest in the new Multicams as they may do a bit better.

When you have to move fast do it under while others are distracted.

Pop out and throw a few rounds to make another player grab cover and then fade behind a new bunker.

Move slowly when you don't have a reason to run.

Nature has no straight lines. Adjust your camo to reflect such.

People have ADD. Anything that is shiny people will pick up on.

Shadows are your friend.

Stay low as much as possible but keep your marker up ready to fire. Remember people have ADD and that extra movement of bringing your marker up to shoulder can easily catch an eye.

07/08 Ego Vici Board
Dust Black ShockTech AutoCocker snatch grip
Dark Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:30 PM #8
DirtyDanPaintballMan

DirtyDanPaintballMan owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DirtyDanPaintballMan is attending Decay of Nations VI
Moving under cover fire to the outside corners to keep your back covered. Camo doesn't help too much in a hyperball field unless you are dressed up like the inflateables.
DirtyDanPaintballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:45 PM #9
natepb96
Sneaky Sneaky

Like some one already mentioned tree walking is one of the best ways to stay hidden from people. I use deer trails and crawl on those. Deer trails are awesome because they are always concealed, never in the open, deers want to stay concealed and out of sight.