Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-23-2012, 10:05 PM #1
Enfurno

new owner

I just bought a slightly used dm10 here for a great price. Where can I get replacement parts for a good price? Possibly even the original kit that comes with the gun.

Also any preferences on replacement grips?
Enfurno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:30 PM #2
grss429
Gun Tech! & Field owner

grss429 plays in the PSP
grss429 posts videos on PbNation
grss429 plays in the APPA D4 division
grss429 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
grss429 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
www.ansgear.com

http://www.dyepaintball.com/

your two best bets besides PBNATION you can find alot of used stuff for cheap here, dm10's are great guns.

Look at my sig if you ever need it teched/fixed/cleaned

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK PAGE! WEBSITE COMING SOON www.facebook.com/bfinpbt

Owner/home field.
Come play at Nature of the game paintball in hampstead North Carolina (910) 270 2163
grss429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:06 PM #3
cruz-gsr

U have a parts kit ill sell u let me know
cruz-gsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:52 PM #4
Enfurno

I want it, and if you have the stock bag, I want that also.

What is a good barrel to go with? I seeing that deadlywinds + freak kit is pretty popular. Deadly winds doesn't show a full barrel for the DM on their site, just a tip. Does the stock back fit inserts?
Old 09-24-2012, 08:58 PM #5
peacob

peacob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
peacob supports DLX Technology
The dye ultralite is a great barrel... dont know why you'd need to upgrade the tip, just a waste of money.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:20 PM #6
grss429
Gun Tech! & Field owner

grss429 plays in the PSP
grss429 posts videos on PbNation
grss429 plays in the APPA D4 division
grss429 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
grss429 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enfurno View Post
I want it, and if you have the stock bag, I want that also.

What is a good barrel to go with? I seeing that deadlywinds + freak kit is pretty popular. Deadly winds doesn't show a full barrel for the DM on their site, just a tip. Does the stock back fit inserts?

No stock UL barrel does not take inserts, it's a GREAT barrel, you shouldnt need to upgrade,

Now if you really want to upgrade I'd stick with the UL back and go with a stifi tip or a deadly winds tip. just for the hell of it never tried it i've seen it though

Now the tech t Ifit kit in my sig is also a good choice.. if you want inserts

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK PAGE! WEBSITE COMING SOON www.facebook.com/bfinpbt

Owner/home field.
Come play at Nature of the game paintball in hampstead North Carolina (910) 270 2163
grss429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:59 AM #7
weezyfbby
Balls to Unload

weezyfbby has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
weezyfbby has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
PArts kit sell for 55$ on ANSGear..have all you need in there other than major parts such as solenoid and board. I would recommend to keep your UL barrel, it shoots just fine and has a low sound signature. Although is you want a good bore size to paint match (increasing efficiency and consistency) adding that Ifit kit to your UL barrel would be a good choice.
weezyfbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:01 AM #8
weezyfbby
Balls to Unload

weezyfbby has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
weezyfbby has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DM's make it worth trying to get a little more efficiency and you will still keep that low sound signature from the UL barrel if you get an Ifit.
weezyfbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:24 PM #9
speedy2k4
BSH University

Annual Supporting Member
speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
speedy2k4 is BST Legit
If you plan on keeping it for a while, pick up a medium parts kit. And I'd keep the UL barrel, just pick up a .684 back for smaller paint.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:18 PM #10
Enfurno

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Ill grab a kit and shoot a few thousand through befor I decide on the need for barrell additions. Picking up a smaller back sounds optimal.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:51 AM #11
nolarrow

has been a member for 10 years
nolarrow plays in the APPA D4 division
nolarrow has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
If you're a real boss you get the ultralight back milled for a freak insert. Best of both worlds.
nolarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:02 AM #12
jtguy2269
PL gun collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolarrow View Post
If you're a real boss you get the ultralight back milled for a freak insert. Best of both worlds.

it cost about 40bucks to have it milled
  • Rotors and Prophecy z2
jtguy2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:48 PM #13
nolarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtguy2269 View Post

it cost about 40bucks to have it milled
if you're a real boss that doesn't matter.

Who does that nowadays?

I have a SP barrel milled for a freak insert that I got when I purchased an evo cocker. Once I saw that I decided that I want to mill out my DM barrel. Have any links?
Old 10-04-2012, 04:58 PM #14
GaryR1984

iFit kits are not great, the barrel tip does not add to performance and can potentially hurt it.

The ultralight is great, if anything you would want a smaller bore. A smaller bore will slightly increase efficiency. You should spend some time reading some data from test done by people educated on the matter in the barrel forums. You will be surprised at the amount of knowledge that is on this board if you are just willing to shift through on the nonsense some idiots spew.

Ideally, you would make up your own mind on what you want. There are a pro and cons to bore matching/underboring/overboring.
GaryR1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:05 PM #15
nolarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryR1984 View Post
iFit kits are not great, the barrel tip does not add to performance and can potentially hurt it.

The ultralight is great, if anything you would want a smaller bore. A smaller bore will slightly increase efficiency. You should spend some time reading some data from test done by people educated on the matter in the barrel forums. You will be surprised at the amount of knowledge that is on this board if you are just willing to shift through on the nonsense some idiots spew.

Ideally, you would make up your own mind on what you want. There are a pro and cons to bore matching/underboring/overboring.
You just want a proper fit. Stock UL are like .688. Paintballs today are a lot smaller on average than they were before when .688 was the norm. This is where freak inserts or a barrel kit shine. Getting a different tip is pretty useless the dye tip is arguably the best barrel tip ever made next to anything smart parts (hence why they both dominated the market for well over a decade).

You want a bore fit where you can drop a paintball into the barrel and it gets slightly stuck and wont fall right out. Then you blow through the barrel and with minimal effort the ball comes out. That is how you gauge a proper fit.

protip: before you play, buy your paint first and open all of the bags. Let the paint swell/shrink depending on weather. Walk the fields, shoot the **** with your friends etc and come back to your paint later on. Then you do the bore test. You don't want to do the bore test and chrono the second you buy your paint that has been held indoors in a cool room. You want to do the test after the paint has been exposed to the weather of the day.

Last edited by nolarrow : 10-04-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:20 PM #16
ActionExpress

ActionExpress plays in the PSP
ActionExpress plays in the APPA Pro division
Paint around here in Cali still rolls through my .684 UL sometimes.
Dye Precision
Santa Clara Paintball
ActionExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:59 PM #17
GaryR1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolarrow View Post
You just want a proper fit. Stock UL are like .688. Paintballs today are a lot smaller on average than they were before when .688 was the norm. This is where freak inserts or a barrel kit shine. Getting a different tip is pretty useless the dye tip is arguably the best barrel tip ever made next to anything smart parts (hence why they both dominated the market for well over a decade).

You want a bore fit where you can drop a paintball into the barrel and it gets slightly stuck and wont fall right out. Then you blow through the barrel and with minimal effort the ball comes out. That is how you gauge a proper fit.

protip: before you play, buy your paint first and open all of the bags. Let the paint swell/shrink depending on weather. Walk the fields, shoot the **** with your friends etc and come back to your paint later on. Then you do the bore test. You don't want to do the bore test and chrono the second you buy your paint that has been held indoors in a cool room. You want to do the test after the paint has been exposed to the weather of the day.
You are incorrect in your statement that the best fit or "pro tip" is to bore match.

As I said before, you can form your own opinion but I suggest reading the barrel forums where people who actually have done proper testing can and will provide feedback.
GaryR1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:05 AM #18
peacob

peacob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
peacob supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryR1984 View Post
You are incorrect in your statement that the best fit or "pro tip" is to bore match.

As I said before, you can form your own opinion but I suggest reading the barrel forums where people who actually have done proper testing can and will provide feedback.
I dont see anything wrong with what he said.... you dont need some "barrel expert" to tell you how to figure out proper bore size.