PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-02-2012, 10:42 AM #1
AwkwardCabbage

AwkwardCabbage has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
AwkwardCabbage supports DLX Technology
Mini questions

Hey all, maybe someone here can share their knowledge with me. I bought a new empire mini a couple weeks back. I'm not sure if you can tell how new depending on the box but it did come in a white empire box with a blue sliding cover. ANYWAY, I was curious if the mini has a break in period. I've used mine 2 times since I bought it and heard the bolt needs time to become consistent?. Also what aftermarket parts I need, my friend gave me a one piece CP barrel for a decent price and I can't use my dye ultralite since its Ion threaded (sad face). I was looking at the tech t delrin bolt as well. It also has a shock-wave board as opposed to the earlier optimus. I keep mine at psp 12.5 not too sure about dwell or what bps I should keep it at since this is only my second marker. Any tips or suggestions would be most appreciated.
"Will you be remembered? Will any of us? Everything that we poured on the paintball fields across all four corners of the globe; the anguish, the glory, the gun fights. What will become of it all? Will it simply become folklore; stories we tell as old men over fires and food, strong drinks, of a time and place that we can't prove existed besides in our own minds. When time and life moves on and we're only an after thought in the rear view mirror, we will at least have this; something to say that we were here, that we fought; that we played the game as hard as we could because for a time this was us; our struggle, our life." ~Matty Marshall
AwkwardCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2012, 11:35 AM #2
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

ncstatered21 supports Team VICIOUS
ncstatered21 is an NCPA player
ncstatered21 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwkwardCabbage
Hey all, maybe someone here can share their knowledge with me. I bought a new empire mini a couple weeks back. I'm not sure if you can tell how new depending on the box but it did come in a white empire box with a blue sliding cover. ANYWAY, I was curious if the mini has a break in period. I've used mine 2 times since I bought it and heard the bolt needs time to become consistent?. Also what aftermarket parts I need, my friend gave me a one piece CP barrel for a decent price and I can't use my dye ultralite since its Ion threaded (sad face). I was looking at the tech t delrin bolt as well. It also has a shock-wave board as opposed to the earlier optimus. I keep mine at psp 12.5 not too sure about dwell or what bps I should keep it at since this is only my second marker. Any tips or suggestions would be most appreciated.
Check out the stickies here is this section. You should find a tuning guide as well as a great upgrade guide.

In regards to the break-in period, your mini should be fairly consistent as of now but the more cases you put through it the better it will get.
ncstatered21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:08 PM #3
Bad71
.... from the ashes

Bad71 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bad71 plays in the APPA D4 division
Bad71 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Bad71 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Yes, the FPS will become more consistant once the bolt/ spring/ poppet wear in...
The Sticky Threads here are priceless... USE THEM!!
As far as upgrades... you dont NEED any.... at least until it breaks, or depending upon the type of playing you do...Everyone says Boards, triggers, eyes, and feedneck... you already did the barrel.
truthfully, you will want to start searching for a feedneck as the stock one's break.... the next thing you'll want to look for is the stainless air transfer tube in the grip (the lower tube)... the ends split where it meets the ASA. The stainless upgrade will eliminate that. If you have the money, you can spring for the Axe On/Off ASA and change them both at the same time.
Another "goodie" to get is the parts kit for the marker from Empire.... every O-ring, spring, and screw you'll ever have to replace, in one box.

Bad71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:12 PM #4
AwkwardCabbage

AwkwardCabbage has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
AwkwardCabbage supports DLX Technology
Thanks alot! I've checked the stickies and found a few good ones, and the input for the break in period and the parts kit was something I didn't even think of. I'll look into a different feedneck as well. Doubt i'll replace the board since it's brand new. Unless it has some kind of technical issue
"Will you be remembered? Will any of us? Everything that we poured on the paintball fields across all four corners of the globe; the anguish, the glory, the gun fights. What will become of it all? Will it simply become folklore; stories we tell as old men over fires and food, strong drinks, of a time and place that we can't prove existed besides in our own minds. When time and life moves on and we're only an after thought in the rear view mirror, we will at least have this; something to say that we were here, that we fought; that we played the game as hard as we could because for a time this was us; our struggle, our life." ~Matty Marshall
AwkwardCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote