PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-05-2012, 07:30 AM #1
darknight_23

darknight_23 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
darknight_23 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Alright guys, im in need of help

I just sold my freak kit and I want to buy another kit but I kinda want to test another system. Most Likely the " tech t iFit". Do my question is, does the iFit compared to the freak kit? I would be using a 12 stock axe barrel with the I fit and I'm a pump player also ( just some clarity on the situation)
darknight_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2012, 03:13 PM #2
NickRowell
Did you read the rules?

NickRowell owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NickRowell owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NickRowell supports Team VICIOUS
NickRowell supports Team VICIOUS
NickRowell supports Pev's Paintball
Yes te ifit is super sick.

So here's the breakdown:
The reason it's better is because with the 2. Inch inserts to can bore it tighter than you could with the freak inserts because theres less of a distance for the ball to travel so the friction won't make the ball slow down as much as it would if you used the same size freak insert because sit has longer distance for the ball to travel.
And you don't need a all new barrel, just the adapter, and that will save money and time you WOULD spend trying to find a new barrel in the right color and size. It will give you better accuracy than the freak because Dupuis can bore it smaller.
Hope this helps bro.

MARQ CLAN
You Know You Want My Rotor!
NickRowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:45 PM #3
t0ph3r89
DPF

t0ph3r89 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickRowell View Post
Yes te ifit is super sick.

So here's the breakdown:
The reason it's better is because with the 2. Inch inserts to can bore it tighter than you could with the freak inserts because theres less of a distance for the ball to travel so the friction won't make the ball slow down as much as it would if you used the same size freak insert because sit has longer distance for the ball to travel.
And you don't need a all new barrel, just the adapter, and that will save money and time you WOULD spend trying to find a new barrel in the right color and size. It will give you better accuracy than the freak because Dupuis can bore it smaller.
Hope this helps bro.
Gotta disagree here.

With a 2" control bore, there is less surface area for friction to occur, however the fact that the bore is so short means that the ball will not have reached its maximum velocity with the air supplied in that one shot (meaning you'll need to dial up the velocity on that gun more so than if you were using that same bore size with a longer control bore). There have been plenty of tests and user's experiences to show that a control bore of around 8"/9" is optimal for the ball to reach its highest velocity, after which the ball will start slowing down because of friction. So no, the iFit's 2" bore is not better than the Freak's ~5" bore.

To the OP:
Although I don't like the fact that the iFit's bores are so short, I do like that they offer the smallest bore sizes out of any kit, which is perfect for any pump player. I would say it's the most cost-effective choice for you since you plan to switch between semi and pump.
t0ph3r89 is offline   Reply With Quote