Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2012, 02:34 PM #1
Happyfeet1030
El Señor Pingüino
 
Happyfeet1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Minnesnowta
Happyfeet1030 is playing at Living Legends V
Happyfeet1030 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Happyfeet1030 supports Team VICIOUS
Happyfeet1030 supports Team VICIOUS
Happyfeet1030 supports Team VICIOUS
Happyfeet1030 supports Pev's Paintball
Happyfeet1030 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Mayan 2012... Fact or Fiction? If the world ends, where do we go?

How many of you believe in it? If so, why? If no, why not? I know enough about it but I'm certainly not an expert. If the world does end, do we all go to heaven/hell? Is it God's plan to end the earth and all of us? Thinking from a "logical" position, if animals/humans are the only things that go to heaven/hell, and we aren't born again, will heaven be "done"? If nothing can enter/leave either, is everything just over? This makes me believe in reincarnation more than I did before but still I don't comprehend a lot of this heaven/hell stuff.
I'd love to hear what you're opinions are.
__________________
DRACO DYNASTY LUXE F/S/T
Happyfeet1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2012, 04:04 PM #2
Treghc
 
 
Treghc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Seattle
Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Neither fact nor fiction; stupidity. As are all end-world prophecies. Not even worth discussion.

BTW, "animals" don't go to heaven.

Sorry to sound so pessimistic, but I'm sick of these apocalyptic prophecies. They're done every year, all the time and they haven't come to fruition ever since the dawn of mankind's spirituality.

The end of the world will come from a large solar flare, the expansion of the sun, a large meteor, or some other astronomical event, all of which are likely millions of years away.
__________________
“But men, they say a lot of foolish things. In the end, the only words I can find to believe in are mine." - Joe

Tarsier Slave


We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:09 PM #3
Umami
AFK IRL
 
Umami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Laniakea
Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2464270
__________________
Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Umami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:20 PM #4
wavesport001
 
 
wavesport001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The River
Quote:
BTW, "animals" don't go to heaven
Prove it.

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4093
__________________
"It is always better to have no ideas than false ones; to believe nothing, than to believe what is wrong." -Thomas Jefferson

"it really doesnt matter what you say on here. if there was truly evidence, it would come from a professor, not from a member on pbnation.com." - Anonymous poster
wavesport001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:39 AM #5
chavier94
 
 
chavier94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NJ
chavier94 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavesport001 View Post
If you look at it from a catholic point of view, animals do not have eternal souls. so there is no heaven for them.
chavier94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:35 AM #6
DayoftheGreek
I hate you
 
DayoftheGreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Burlington, NJ
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavier94 View Post
If you look at it from a catholic point of view, animals do not have eternal souls. so there is no heaven for them.
It's true. And if you look at it from a rational human point of view, heaven is an old myth and nobody goes there because it is fictional.

I hate being on the same team at Catholics. This doesn't happen often.
__________________
FEEDBACK: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=665897

1/30/08: I was there when the plane flew but everyone was still stupid.
DayoftheGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:29 PM #7
IRA_Pain7Ba11er
 
 
IRA_Pain7Ba11er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
I believe it, when the Mayan calendar ends signifies the day the great Cat People will return to continue their conquest of Earth. You see...they left taking the Mayans with them, and the Mayans left a calendar to mark the day of their return! DUN DUN DUNNN
__________________
Tiocfaidh ár la
IRA_Pain7Ba11er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:40 PM #8
Dynamopbers
 
 
Dynamopbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Toronto
 has been a member for 10 years
I don't necessarily beliiiiieeeeve in it, though I believe this world isn't going in the right direction. What would happen should we blow up, tsunami, nukes, yadda yadda... I think is simple. This would allll happen in the material world, not that I believe in ghosts, but spirits and the like are unexplained and theres a **** lot more going on in this world than we think...And that means noone goes to heaven or hell...We'll just coast like birds in THE NEXT DIMENSION till we get a body......................meh something like that
Dynamopbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:18 PM #9
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior
 
Paper_Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamopbers View Post
I don't necessarily beliiiiieeeeve in it, though I believe this world isn't going in the right direction. What would happen should we blow up, tsunami, nukes, yadda yadda... I think is simple. This would allll happen in the material world, not that I believe in ghosts, but spirits and the like are unexplained and theres a **** lot more going on in this world than we think...And that means noone goes to heaven or hell...We'll just coast like birds in THE NEXT DIMENSION till we get a body......................meh something like that
Just because you don't know something don't automatically assume it is due to some spiritual force. At no point in man's history has that ever advanced our understanding of the universe and every time we put aside the metaphysical and investigated it further it almost always turned out to be a tangible cause to what our ancestors thought was magic and beyond human understanding.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:52 PM #10
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child
 
ProtoBaller1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chicago
ProtoBaller1991 donated to help Peyton Trent
not wasting my time worrying about this.
__________________
OG-Seven Deadly Sins
I do tv show things
320gb External Hard Drive F/S


Instagram
ProtoBaller1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:30 PM #11
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator
 
MVPaintballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: New Hope, PA
Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
The only shame about this whole thing is that people are going to tout that the Mayans were wrong.

I was able to visit several Mayan villages a couple of years ago. The stunning engineering that went into their structures is out of this world. They were brilliant, even by today's standards.

The Mayans didn't predict the end of the world on December 2012.
__________________
If you don't have anything nice to say, say it on the internet.
MVPaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:34 PM #12
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment
 
Tuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NH
Tuff is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fun Fact: Mayans never accounted for Leap Days. It's actually April of 2013 by their own calendar. Danger already averted.

/thread
__________________
IrishMafia
Proud American
Tuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:44 AM #13
Dynamopbers
 
 
Dynamopbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Toronto
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post
Just because you don't know something don't automatically assume it is due to some spiritual force. At no point in man's history has that ever advanced our understanding of the universe and every time we put aside the metaphysical and investigated it further it almost always turned out to be a tangible cause to what our ancestors thought was magic and beyond human understanding.
Well...not that I assume something unexplainable is due to spirituality, but through my vast 22 years on this earth I will say there's more to it than whats tangible. Investigating into spirituality will not help with understanding our universe in an objective way... Everything to us must be tangible, or atleast have a lllllllllooooooot of **** backing it up to make it satisfy our ideas/thoughts/philosphies. I don't know of much magic our ancestors believed aside from water into wine, and witches brewing green stews. Regardless we have no ****ing clue about those times as noone on this earth right now was never there at that time.
Dynamopbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:34 PM #14
Umami
AFK IRL
 
Umami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Laniakea
Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamopbers View Post
through my vast 22 years on this earth I will say there's more to it than whats tangible.
lol

Way to up a dead thread.
__________________
Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Umami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:56 PM #15
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Vast.22.Years.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:31 PM #16
Dynamopbers
 
 
Dynamopbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Toronto
 has been a member for 10 years
if this is dead, this forums dead... and oh baby, ****ing VAST
Dynamopbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:44 PM #17
bowgster
RSK
 
bowgster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Central WI
Annual Supporting Member
bowgster is playing at Living Legends V
bowgster is playing at Living Legends VI
bowgster owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
bowgster posts videos on PbNation
bowgster has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
bowgster has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff View Post
Fun Fact: Mayans never accounted for Leap Days. It's actually April of 2013 by their own calendar. Danger already averted.

/thread
You sir, are retarted
bowgster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:05 PM #18
memorex
I'm Suppish
 
memorex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: MN
memorex helped look for balloons
memorex is playing at Living Legends V
memorex owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
memorex supports Team VICIOUS
memorex is reppin' sidebar 4 life
you are the one who is retarDed

it is a fact, and it has already passed. danger missed
__________________
COWBOYS / T-WOLVES /TWINS/ WILD
memorex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:50 PM #19
stickin2j
Good clean family fun
 
stickin2j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SJT
stickin2j has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
stickin2j has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
April of 2013 has not passed.
__________________
Christ Krew #293
stickin2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:19 PM #20
memorex
I'm Suppish
 
memorex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: MN
memorex helped look for balloons
memorex is playing at Living Legends V
memorex owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
memorex supports Team VICIOUS
memorex is reppin' sidebar 4 life
its not april of 2013...typing error on the other guys behalf
__________________
COWBOYS / T-WOLVES /TWINS/ WILD
memorex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump