Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-02-2012, 07:16 PM #1
Freedy500

Freedy500 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I have a problem with my X-Valve/HPA tank. PLease help dont know what to do!

Okay so I have no clue what I did wrong I thought I got everything right and that I would have no problems with my setup. But I was wrong of course. So here is what happened I have this gun http://i.imgur.com/h3ZYI.jpg.
Only things that have changed is that I added a huge drop to mount the HPA tank on there with and an X-valve. So tonight I got my 88/45 Carleston back from repair due to a damaged pin and I was going to test it out since it was set at 1100 psi (also my first ever personal HPA tank) and I wanted to check out that sweet spot with my Qloader. So I loaded it up and screwed in the tank and made sure it was aired up and I took it outside to test fire. I Fired the first few shots and everything was okay and then I tried to get that sweet spot and all of a sudden this HUGE blast of air came shooting out the back of the valve (where you adjust the FPS) and it just blasted my face and I was scared yet curious as to why it only fired one shot. So with the living daylights scared out of me I proceeded to test it but from a distance. I tested out one more shot and it happened again but this time it was bigger and then suddenly my macro-line burst right by where my face would have been and it started to empty out the tank.

So whats up I dont understand why the heck this happend. Give me your knowledge because I have a big game this sunday and I want to be ready for it.

NOTE: The valve is an RT,X-valve mix and its all messed up and I cant get the Z-lock pin in since its upside down but the set screw fits in just fine and I have never had a problem with it before.

NOTE: In case if this matters my macroline setup is what you usually see on X-mags I believe. where it starts out from the ASA and follows you grip and then along the rail in one big curve so it doesn't get in the way of your hand.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:00 AM #2
LoveMyMagMoreThanYou
Got my 'Mag! Let's GO!!!!

LoveMyMagMoreThanYou has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
LoveMyMagMoreThanYou has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
LoveMyMagMoreThanYou has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I don't know about the macro line, but you probably have your regulator nut(velocity adjuster) in too far. Just let it out.

Crossfire Rolling RENEGADE for SuperGame XLVII!!!!!!!!!!
For more info on SuperGame, visit: http://www.SuperGame.tv!
LoveMyMagMoreThanYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:01 AM #3
Jedihippie
My backpack's got jets

Annual Supporting Member
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends VI
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends VII
Jedihippie has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jedihippie has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Jedihippie has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
PS, your mag is awesome and you need to post more pics of it
"Reminds me of the kids that bolt on exhausts, wings and vinyl cutouts onto their rice mobiles and then hate on a ground up resto rodded 69 Camaro" -OPBN
"Due to the Berzerkers rep and knowledge of Mag awesomeness, the opposing team dropped their markers and are actually out of the frame curled up in fetal positions" -OPBN... Again
Jedihippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:17 PM #4
Freedy500

Thanks. Its called a snipermag. They are easier than it looks to build. So its probably set to to high of an FPS? that would make sense since I turned it up a bit since I thought it was low since I let someone use it and they must of turned down the FPS since I had it at 300 for a tourney.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:27 PM #5
Tempted (Banned)

Get rid of the macro fast. You want braided lines with SHP. Your problem is unrelated to macro, but you need to change it.

It sounds like the issue is the regulator piston. First try lowering the velocity. If it still leaks, check the regulator piston O ring. If that is good, you need a new reg piston assembly.
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:31 PM #6
Freedy500

But heres the thing I followed a majority of the things on Zak vetters web site when I put this together (majority because I wasnt able to get a double trigger on my gun) and I watched all of his videos and you will notice that he seems to use macroline on everything even when he uses some jacked up reg that goes above 1200 psi. and the reg piston isnt the problem since it didnt seem linked to the reg piston or trigger assemply or mechanics since every thing seemed to be normal with everything but the sole pneumatical system of the air going to the macroline and ONLY the back half of the valve. and it might be the macroline that i bought specifically but it shouldn't be since my local pro shop rated it at 1250 psi. But they couldn't find the official rating on it but I trust their opinion since the owner that i am personal friends with and he has been in the sport forever. he said his first job in the sport was back when AGD first got started in the 80s and he worked there as a tech resource.

Last edited by Freedy500 : 10-03-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Freedy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:35 PM #7
Tempted (Banned)

Can't understand that^^ Made my head hurt trying to read it.

You can not rule out the reg piston until you pinpoint the problem. If air is coming out of the velocity control nut and it is chrono'd at less than 300fps then there are only two possibilities, nothing else. Either the O ring is bad or the reg piston is bad.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:31 PM #8
demented pumper
AKA Superman

^truth

and braided line is not required above 1100 i use macro at 1300 with no problems.

feebackhttp://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...4#post18738514
AO-Captian pinky
pbc- superman
mcb- superman
demented pumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:36 PM #9
Freedy500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempted View Post
Can't understand that^^ Made my head hurt trying to read it.

You can not rule out the reg piston until you pinpoint the problem. If air is coming out of the velocity control nut and it is chrono'd at less than 300fps then there are only two possibilities, nothing else. Either the O ring is bad or the reg piston is bad.
I just did a test. I made the macroline much shorter and straighter and it didn't seem to have a problem with the psi. I turned down the fps a lot more and I adjusted it. It wasnt the reg piston, a bad O-ring or any of that. I just have to keep my macroline perfectly straight and not have my fps cranked up crazy high. there was a third possibility which was just turn down the fps.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:51 PM #10
Tempted (Banned)

Which we told you to do in the first post. I assumed you ruled it out. That is why I said and it is chrono'd at less than 300fps.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:04 PM #11
Freedy500

it was. But for some reason my valve (dont know if this is due to r/x-valve mix up) ramps up FAST. Which would explain why I had the first few shots perfectly normal and then win i tried to get that sweet spot it scared the crap out me. I usually keep it set at around 250 in case it ramps like but in this case I didnt. I have no clue what its at right now but its at a good working pressure since I just rt'd 700 shots through it.