Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-17-2012, 05:07 PM #1
fullspectrum

New Dangerous Power G4

I am in love with my new G4! The only problem was that the bolt kept slipping forward or wouldnt push back so in that case the balls from the hopper couldnt drop all the way in. And also i have gotten a dye ultra lite barrel with it, the balls wont go through. im using regular marblizers that the fields provide. anyone have any idea what i should do?
fullspectrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-18-2012, 10:48 PM #2
NYC DIesel

Hey buddy you are most definitely experiencing "bolt stick" which is common on g3/g4's I'm afraid. The best and easiest way to fix it is simply to lube the bolt with some quality grease. I use plain Dow 33 and it works fine but I have heard great things about hater marmalade. I had bolt stick the first day I played w my spec r but after that I started lightly luring the bolt before every game and have not had any issues since. Good luck w your g4.
NYC DIesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:52 PM #3
NYC DIesel

Hey buddy you are most definitely experiencing "bolt stick" which is common on g3/g4's I'm afraid. The best and easiest way to fix it is simply to lube the bolt with some quality grease. I use plain Dow 33 and it works fine but I have heard great things about hater marmalade. I had bolt stick the first day I played w my spec r but after that I started lightly luring the bolt before every game and have not had any issues since. Good luck w your g4 man.
NYC DIesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:28 AM #4

As for the barrel, make sure the bore is properly matched to your paint. Marblizers are large (iirc), and may not match well with bore less than 0.685. Paint will break in the barrel if it's underbored too much. However, since you said the balls won't go through, it's likely a bolt stick problem as addressed earlier.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:11 AM #5
X20DTL

X20DTL has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
X20DTL has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
fullspectrum what you are experiencing is bolt stick, this is common with the G4 due to the bad grease that DP supplied with it the DP40.

for a detailed lay-out on how to fix it read the link that i put in.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3457681

i hope this will help you.
X20DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:39 PM #6
doomsday57

doomsday57 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
doomsday57 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
if you clean off the stock lube and use something like tech t gun sav you should be good
doomsday57 is offline   Reply With Quote