Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-02-2012, 01:58 PM #64
Ian560

Ian560 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ian560 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ian560 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ian560 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Hate to admit it but my parents pay for half of the admission and paint, and I work after school to pay for the rest of the fees and stuff.
Ian560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2012, 05:28 PM #65
sunamiphoto

Well now that i have started working its easier to start playing.
sunamiphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:26 PM #66
imthedoritoguy
i hate being broke

im a pimp. i have 5 girls working every night. brings in good cash. lol.

jk

i get in the field for free considering i work there. and paint is pretty cheap.

when im not playing i either help out an electrician for like 2 days and i work at a little gas station stocking beer and drinks. i usually bring in about 100$ in the 3 days i do work.. then the army likes to pay me once a month for going to school and being a weekend warrior. so there is another ~700$
imthedoritoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:06 PM #67
Darko9989
MacDev Militia

Darko9989 is BST Trusted
Darko9989 is playing at Living Legends V
Darko9989 is for the Gunfight
Darko9989 supports Pev's Paintball
Darko9989 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Darko9989 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Just like bills, dining, entertainment, or anything else. Budget yourself. Set some money back out of each paycheck. After a while you wont have to use your full budget and the money will carry over month to month.
Darko9989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:21 PM #68
CallsignMagic
Warlord

CallsignMagic has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CallsignMagic has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CallsignMagic has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm a family man too so the cost and traveling of tournament play is out of the question. However, I do try to make it to the field every weekend to blow off some steam. I've noticed my paint costs have decreased significantly since I starting playing with pistols. The money saved has quickly offset the cost of purchasing paintball pistols (I have 4 for now). A case of paint can last me a couple months of weekend play.
CallsignMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:35 PM #69
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

2pipes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
2pipes supports Team VICIOUS
2pipes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2pipes supports DLX Technology
Just finished school for the second time so money has been tight for a while. 2 ideas that I do. 1) volunteer for comps free entry paint etc. 2) be loyal to 1 field get to know the people there they are more likely to cut you deals.

Ronnie Dixon fan club #30
2pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:57 PM #70
Darko9989
MacDev Militia

Darko9989 is BST Trusted
Darko9989 is playing at Living Legends V
Darko9989 is for the Gunfight
Darko9989 supports Pev's Paintball
Darko9989 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Darko9989 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pipes View Post
Just finished school for the second time so money has been tight for a while. 2 ideas that I do. 1) volunteer for comps free entry paint etc. 2) be loyal to 1 field get to know the people there they are more likely to cut you deals.
I would do number 1. I need more variety when it comes to fields.
Darko9989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:02 AM #71
UNEMPLOYEDSD

could always try recycling and or try to get a job at your local field. i play for free at my field and just cover for paint. At the end of the day i go around and collect recycles around the parking lot and go home with atleast 1-2 big trash can bags full. do that everyweekend and you got yourself some extra cash.
UNEMPLOYEDSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:20 AM #72
Funky Mo Fo
Funky Since 1979

Funky Mo Fo owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Funky Mo Fo has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Funky Mo Fo has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Motorcycle racing was getting too expensive this year, so now I'm doing this. Seems cheap by comparison.
Funky Mo Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:31 PM #73
Trall85
Eat all the things!!

Trall85 plays in the PSP
Trall85 plays in the APPA D4 division
Trall85 is Legendary
Trall85 supports Empire
Trall85 is All In
Military and no dependents to throw money at. Put money off to the side each month knowing that I will have a weekend or two to play. Once I saved enough I'll buy something a bit more expensive.
|SPONSORS|
EMPIRE | RPS | NINJA | GARMENT GEAR | RAZA | EKK
Trall85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:12 PM #74
MenosDaBear

MenosDaBear owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
It's hard. I had to get my degree and find a decent job before I could get back into playing.
MenosDaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:39 PM #75
gunhero5
Class Cannon Mod

Annual Supporting Member
gunhero5 is a Moderator
gunhero5 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
gunhero5 is BST Legit
gunhero5 supports Bob Gurnsey
gunhero5 supports our troops
gunhero5 is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexisme View Post
Cut the things I dont need out of my life and changed up my routines.
-quit smoking
-quit drinking
-stopped buying a new car every year
-started taking left overs for lunch
-made a rule that I only stop at gas stations on Sunday to fill my truck up, wether I need gas or not, pay at the pump and never go in

Also, I agree that some fields charge crazy prices to play which makes it hard for some people to go. However, I do agree with some of the crazy prices to an extent, especially at the field local to me, it keeps the white trash away.
That's awesome to hear about the positive impacts it's had on your life.

I should start packing lunches, too. Eating out adds up far too quickly..

OG Supporting Member | Hopelessly Stuck In 2003 | 1TIM6:12
"Quit smiling, you're suppose to be professional." - RR
gunhero5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:38 PM #76
aaronrodgers012

I work 6 days a week and have practice on Sundays. I bring home about $550 a week and it usually costs me just under $100 to play (2 1/2 cases is my average a day 20 is admission). I just put that $100 away and consider it a bill. As far as keeping up with markers and other items; I buy what I need. I just upgraded to the spire after years of the using the Halo B. I still dont see the difference. No tournaments Ive played in allow over 12.5 bps. I purchased new jerseys, pants, masks, etc and its all the same to me with some slight perks NOT worth the huge price difference.

The markers are the onyl thing I think is worth the price upgrade and I usually wait for my income tax money and Christmas bonus and combine that!
aaronrodgers012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:03 AM #77
mymutter
I crack myself up!

mymutter supports Team VICIOUS
mymutter is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I work, have a family with 4 kids, and it's not the money, it's time with my older kids (around 1/2 the time). So money well spend.

As far as buying high end markers, I usually just don't tell the wife about a side job, and if she notices the new marker just tell her that I have had it awhile and leave it at that.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:42 AM #78
Christian P
UWL and Scenario

Christian P is playing at Living Legends VI
Christian P is playing at Living Legends VII
Christian P has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Christian P is attending Decay of Nations VII
I'm a family man with a mortgage and a wife who doesn't know what the word budget means. I have a $200 budget every 2 weeks to something "fun" with. Sometimes that becomes an window regulator on a 99 Jeep Cherokee Sport, other times it's a case of paint and a Saturday at the field.

I don't get to play every week, but I fill my tanks before I leave playing and practice shooting water bottles in the woods behind my house and in my back yard. I'm working on snap shooting and hitting 3 shot burst on 5 targets. Practice with a team is not really in my schedule but you can hone my ability to shoot my marker 20-60' well.

I travel for work and have thought about throwing my mini in for a road trip up to see some of the fields in PA, VA, MD, NJ, and DEL. However my budget to play is $75 or less in field costs and a case paint. I view paintball costs inline to a round at a good golf course.

Gear is something I NEVER BY NEW, except for masks. The main reason I joined here was for the B/S/T and for the info on products and fields. I'm lucky to have a field with a $18.50 night cost BYOP for Hyperball. I can play for under $60 on a Friday night, that's my favorite way to play. For all day pass with 3 woodsball, 1 mounds, and 2 hyper ball courses, it's $35 with all day air/CO2. That includes a rental too, but I bring my own gear.

It's not a poor man's sport, but the rush that I get from having shots going over my head are worth it. When the horn sounds and your walking off the the field to the sidelines to see 4 guys wearing your paint, it's well worth the laugh.
Christian P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:45 AM #79
bigd11287
Muscle Melter!

bigd11287 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bigd11287 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
bigd11287 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymutter View Post
I work, have a family with 4 kids, and it's not the money, it's time with my older kids (around 1/2 the time). So money well spend.

As far as buying high end markers, I usually just don't tell the wife about a side job, and if she notices the new marker just tell her that I have had it awhile and leave it at that.
I will take this as solid marital advice! Thanks! lol!!
Old 10-22-2012, 01:09 PM #80
pcook

pcook is playing at Living Legends VI
pcook supports Team VICIOUS
pcook has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pcook has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamdog211 View Post
So I'm a family man and on a pretty tight budget. I am getting back into paintball after about 6 years. I mostly played woods ball back then which didn't require a lot of money.

I am wondering how you guys afford to play in tournaments? I mean, field fees run around $15-$25. Field paint ($40 for the cheap stuff and $50 and up for the good stuff). So your looking at $70 to 100 bucks to practice with a team once a week or so. Then there is keeping up with the newest markers and other paintball gear and travel cost.

So, how do you guys afford it? Is this your only hobby? Do you have a second job? Beg? Borrow?

Thanks,

I'm brand new into paintball and I have a child on the way. So I understand exactly where you are coming from. In our budget plan we have allocated x dollars toward personal use or personal money. I use this for my paintball budget now! I'm not playing any tournaments right now, but we'll see about that in the future. To help with cost my buddy (who has two kids) and I carpool and we split the cost of a case which we can usually stretch through two trips. To help with gear I have sold some video games and movie (trade in) at amazon and received some money in the form of amazon gift cards in which I have used to purchase some things for myself. I hope this helps and good luck in any tournaments you play.
FYI: I would not recommend lying to your wife. Just be honest or ask for things for your bday and/or Christmas.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:42 PM #81
TboneWiz

With lots of money and skill?
TboneWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:10 PM #82
xbilbo

In Missouri we have Wacky Warriors. It's $15 a day and you're allowed to bring your own paint. Pretty good deal
xbilbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:49 PM #83
mymutter
I crack myself up!

mymutter supports Team VICIOUS
mymutter is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Lol, I was at wacky Warriors

back in 1991

Glad to hear they are still around!
Old 10-25-2012, 01:47 AM #84
xbilbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymutter
Lol, I was at wacky Warriors

back in 1991

Glad to hear they are still around!
I'm fairly new to paintball and they have great deals. That's partly why I'm getting into paintball. $125 for a year pass with free air, free gun rental, and $20 off paint. Great deal to me
xbilbo is offline   Reply With Quote