Old 09-23-2012, 08:30 PM #23
Oonlo
STOP DONT TOUCH ME THERE

Oonlo is playing at Living Legends V
Oonlo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Oonlo supports Pev's Paintball
Oonlo has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Oonlo is attending Decay of Nations VI
Vary how you snap the way i was tought was by a texas storm guy who called it rolling snapping where you just constantly pop in and out of you bunker just movig up and down and varrying where you snap out of just let them throw a lane on you and when their out of paint drill them in the face XD

From all us pump players... Ramping is unnecessary i can kill you with one shot... On the other hand YOU need 100

★☆ If your parents DONT pay for your PB stuff, put this in your Sig ☆★
Oonlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:08 AM #24
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Some people will probably disagree but I think speed and accuracy trump form. IMO it's better to hang your hopper out for a split second and get off an accurate shot than to slow yourself down trying to maintain an unnatural up-and-down position behind the bunker. A good shooter can pick a small target if he has time but he can't hit a target that isn't there anymore. To a certain degree this is the concept behind roll snapping.

Of course you have to know what you can and can't get away with, in terms of having to play "tight."
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos | Droidtiles.com - NFC Tags for Android and mobile devices
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:20 PM #25
DaveA

has been a member for 10 years
The method from One with the Gun that works well for me. It's based on keeping the gun and your posture in about the same stance/position and after each snap, you adjust your aim a little based on your previous shot. It means you don't relax, you adjust and shoot at em. But each time you lean out, you're ready to shoot so it can get pretty quick.
DaveA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:05 PM #26
Juni

Juni plays in the PSP
Juni supports Team VICIOUS
Juni is for the Gunfight
Juni plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by natepb96 View Post
I went paintballing today and I was doing a pretty good job of snaping in and out quickly, but I need to work on my accuracy when actually taking the shot, off the snap. Does anybody have any advice, or techniques to help me out?

Go to Youtube, check out Sonny lopez's Pump tactics. Short but helpful vids.
Juni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:22 PM #27
Michael_3388
Redneck Paintball

when i practice snapping i always use a small tree as a bunker and shoot cans sitting on top logs about 30 or so feet away from me
some other advice is footwork/stance you always want to be comfortable where you are and you want to be able to move if needed dont get yourself into a spot where you cant move or get out the way
another bit of advice is staying as low profile as possible, elbow in, only come out where you can just see your target and where your paintball is going to go dont come a foot out of the bunker like some people do when i see that i thank they are just asking for you to put one in their mask or chest, i recomend to look how and perfect russian leagions snap shooting drills they kinda flick their marker out while still keeping their hopper behind a bunker, trust me this works really well
Old 10-04-2012, 10:17 AM #28
mexi ca40k
Pump Playa

mexi ca40k is playing at Living Legends V
mexi ca40k is for the Gunfight
mexi ca40k is for the Gunfight
mexi ca40k supports Pev's Paintball
mexi ca40k has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mexi ca40k has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
mexi ca40k is attending Decay of Nations VI
Find a friend and two trees and around 30 feet away from each other and just keep stationary and try to get each other out, It's helped my accuracy and I feel practicing when someone's shooting at you, You learn a lot faster
mexi ca40k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:38 PM #29
I R Moose
Let the Shoosting begin

Annual Supporting Member
I R Moose is BST Trusted
I R Moose helped look for balloons
I R Moose owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I R Moose supports Sherwood Forest
I R Moose has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I R Moose is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexi ca40k View Post
Find a friend and two trees and around 30 feet away from each other and just keep stationary and try to get each other out, It's helped my accuracy and I feel practicing when someone's shooting at you, You learn a lot faster
Totally agree with this, helps snap shooting immensely. Better yet though, play with two actual bunkers with an electro shooting at you, it'll help you play tighter to your bunker while forcing you to snap in/out faster.
"People ask the question... what's a RocknRolla? And I tell 'em - it's not about drums, drugs, and hospital drips, oh no. There's more there than that, my friend. We all like a bit of the good life - some the money, some the drugs, others the sex game, the glamour, or the fame. But a RocknRolla, oh, he's different. Why? Because a real RocknRolla wants the ****ing lot." -Archie

ST: I just came so hard i passed out
R.I.P.Milwaukee_Throwback
12/13/09 R.I.P. BFG Paintball - The Legend will never be forgotten
I R Moose is offline   Reply With Quote