PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-03-2012, 03:59 PM #1
Freedy500

Freedy500 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
what is the OFFICIAL burst pressure of macroline

Just need to know. What is the official bursting pressure of macroline made specifically for our sport? I am asking this since I recently had some macroline blow up right next to my face at 1100 psi for my mag and I need to know if I have to get steel braided hose instead.
Advertisement
Old 10-03-2012, 04:13 PM #2
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
It depends on the rating for that specific macroline. Macroline is a very generic term for plastic tubing used for the transfer of air or liquid.
Some is rated for as little as 200 psi and other is rated for 1500 psi. Generally the harder the tube the higher the pressure rating. Soft and pliable macroline is not rated for high pressure. If you can find a long length of it there is pressure ratings printed on the tubing when you get a roll of it.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:33 PM #3
Freedy500

okay because I cant seem to find anything on it and I dont want to get my face ripped up at my big game coming up
Old 10-03-2012, 05:38 PM #4
Rob @ Ninja PB

Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
can you try maybe contacting the place of purchase and ask them? If you bought it from a store, field, or internet site, they should be able to tell you
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:22 PM #5
Freedy500

I did. I bought it from a local pro shop and they said they cant find anything on the roll they have and they said it should be around 1250 but that cant be true since mine blew up at 1100
Old 10-04-2012, 10:32 AM #6
Rob @ Ninja PB

Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedy500 View Post
I did. I bought it from a local pro shop and they said they cant find anything on the roll they have and they said it should be around 1250 but that cant be true since mine blew up at 1100
If you're using an output of 1100psi on your tank regulator, you may want to look into using steel braided line.
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:32 PM #7
Freedy500

Okay so I recently did a safe test with macroline from the same roll but I had it much shorter and a different setup where I have two strands instead of one. I dont know if this was supposed to be common sense or what but I didnt have my macroline perfectly straight when it blew up but I just used it and it worked fine since I made the macroline perfectly straight.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:24 PM #8
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
One thing to take into account is also working pressure and bursting pressure. Often times people mistake the bursting pressure for working pressure. Anything above the working pressure puts strain on the line and will cause it to fail prematurely.
Now if you kinked the line a little bit that could have created a weak spot. But if it was more of a curve that shouldn't have done anything as there is a certain level of pliability to the line.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:35 PM #9
Freedy500

I researched a bit on pneumatics recently and I found that the higher the pressure the less flexible the macroline is and i believe I was either an idiot and didn't notice that I made a kink or the radius of the macroline itself was to small with that curve I made overall and that it simply worked against the pressure going through it and the currve I put it at a test to.