North Florida

GotBoost247 is playing at Living Legends V
GotBoost247 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
GotBoost247 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
GotBoost247 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit

Mustang 5.0 , Gsxr 1000 , Dr 200 and Crf 80

★★☆ Pooty Bolt, Pooty Bolt Guide and Spring! -- F/S/T -- ☆★★

★★☆ Gearbag Sale -- Updated Weekly -- ☆★★
Dye I4's -- PE Elbow Pads -- 68/4500 Tanks -- Velocity -- Knee Pads -- PM6 Board & More
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-03-2012, 04:18 PM #44
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex_mania View Post
Try riding a bicycle. People are even more inconsiderate of those.
HELL YEAH THEY ARE! i can't count the number of times people have tried to intentionally murder me with their vehicle when i was on my bicycle. i've had people go as far as driving over curbs, lawns and side walks to run me over. i mean i was a bigger pissant then than i am now, but still, i've never had someone try to murder me on a motorcycle.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:02 PM #45
automagwarrior

has been a member for 10 years
automagwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex_mania View Post
Yall are real damn aggressive riders, some of you. People in cages are generally not going to pay attention to other vehicles on the road, especially not ones with fewer than 4 wheels. Try riding a bicycle. People are even more inconsiderate of those.

finally went to court over my ticket for avoiding an intersection. They dropped it to parking on pavement, $25 fine, no points on my record/no moving violation.
Seriously. I am sick of the "woe is me" from sportbike riders. There is so much hate against car drivers that could be solved by just paying more attention yourself or being a courteous rider.

And wtf? Parking on pavement?
Old 10-03-2012, 05:16 PM #46
binaryterror
Static?

binaryterror is a Supporting Member
Moto2 from sunday has to be one of the best races I have ever seen. Motogp is just boring to watch nowadays...

“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.” – Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-03-2012, 05:25 PM #47
tex_mania
BSA Support

tex_mania plays in the PSP
tex_mania owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tex_mania owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tex_mania plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by automagwarrior View Post
Seriously. I am sick of the "woe is me" from sportbike riders. There is so much hate against car drivers that could be solved by just paying more attention yourself or being a courteous rider.

And wtf? Parking on pavement?
parking on pavement basically means you are stopped somewhere that is unlawful or hazardous to be stopped at. Its like a parking fine, except in ny there is no specified dollar amount attached to it, so the judge can decide what to fine you.

As I understand it, in ny, the money from most moving violations (especially speeding) is required to be handed over to the state, but money from most other violations, such as parking tickets, can be retained by the local jurisdictions. So, if you dont want the points on your license, and are willing to spend an hour or two waiting in line at the justice court, then by all means, submit a non-guilty plea and go in. The courts definitely have motivation to negotiate a plea with you. You'll still end up having to pay, but usually its a much reduced fine, and no points on your license. If they change it to something that isn't a moving violation, your insurance won't go up either. Win-win scenario there.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:16 PM #48
xXinpayneXx
MW

Buy this book and buy it now. Seriously. I've been reading it for the past day, and damn so much makes sense now. And it tells you how to take everything apart so hopefully I can spend a lot less with the suspension man.

And i'm only on page 50.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:04 PM #49
binaryterror
Static?

binaryterror is a Supporting Member
i think i might buy that actually. right now.

edit: i am either buying that or this http://www.amazon.com/Sportbike-Susp...sim_02_01_t_lh

which one? seems the latter is more relevant.

editedit: anyone know anything about this? http://www.amazon.com/Performance-Ri...ref=pd_sim_b_5

it looks really interesting and can only help me if anything

“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.” – Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by binaryterror : 10-03-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:51 PM #50
xXinpayneXx
MW

Idk only looked at the second book a couple years ago. But I've definitely had some ah ha moment's in the first 50 pages. And I enjoy reading it.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:50 PM #51
AABanned

AABanned is playing at Living Legends VI
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
AABanned supports Pev's Paintball
AABanned has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXinpayneXx View Post
Buy this book and buy it now. Seriously. I've been reading it for the past day, and damn so much makes sense now. And it tells you how to take everything apart so hopefully I can spend a lot less with the suspension man.
Just curious... Does it cover air filled front forks?
Old 10-03-2012, 09:57 PM #52
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

what do you mean air filled forks. they all have air in them, that i know of.

id get the racetech book binary. if you want a good skills book get nick ienatschs book. ienatch > code
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."
Old 10-03-2012, 11:25 PM #53
dj8565
FTW

How much do you guys normally get charged to get a tire changed. Specifically the front tire. Every place I've gone is ~$50 plus tire cost.

PSN- dj8565
Old 10-03-2012, 11:34 PM #54
AABanned

AABanned is playing at Living Legends VI
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
AABanned supports Pev's Paintball
AABanned has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyDuckGizmo View Post
what do you mean air filled forks. they all have air in them, that i know of.
Springs are eliminated from the forks. It's a technology emerging in the motocross world. I believe Kawasaki has a spring on one side and air on the other. While Honda now offers air on both sides.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:49 PM #55
GotBoost247
North Florida

GotBoost247 is playing at Living Legends V
GotBoost247 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
GotBoost247 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
GotBoost247 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj8565 View Post
How much do you guys normally get charged to get a tire changed. Specifically the front tire. Every place I've gone is ~$50 plus tire cost.
There is 2 ways you can do this, buy the tire from specified dealer and they should install for free.

or Take your front rim off and bring it in to a motorcycle shop and it shouldn't be much more then 20-30 mounted and balanced. Depends on the shops i guess

★★☆ Pooty Bolt, Pooty Bolt Guide and Spring! -- F/S/T -- ☆★★

★★☆ Gearbag Sale -- Updated Weekly -- ☆★★
Dye I4's -- PE Elbow Pads -- 68/4500 Tanks -- Velocity -- Knee Pads -- PM6 Board & More
Old 10-04-2012, 05:05 AM #56
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj8565 View Post
a local place did both of mine for $50 after i took the wheels off my bike. however i wasn't too happy with them since they said they would have had them ready on labor day, but they didn't, so i missed out on riding on the long weekend and had to get my wheels on tuesday afternoon when they said they would be done the saturday prior.

it's stupidly expensive if you leave the wheels on, another shop quoted me $200 for just the labor, even if i bought the tires from them.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:47 AM #57
-schnezy-v2
Don't look here.

My shop charges me $70 to bring the bike in or $50 for just the wheels in.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:43 AM #58
automagwarrior

Last time I had my tires swapped it was 30$ per wheel and they did brake pads for me. They gave me 10% off since I let their puppy use me as a jungle gym for an hour.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:32 AM #59
Dark Side
You will know the power

Annual Supporting Member
Dark Side is BST Trusted
Dark Side is attending Decay of Nations VI
Dark Side is attending Decay of Nations VII
Looking at buying a sport bike, and have been researching a few. I'm leaning towards Buell because I like the sound of the few I've heard. I want to get other's idea's as I haven't ridden in years.

I have no way of riding anything I want as I am currently deployed.

I'm 5' 10" if it makes a difference in options.

07/08 Ego Vici Board
Dust Black ShockTech AutoCocker snatch grip
Old 10-04-2012, 12:37 PM #60
automagwarrior

Anything in particular that makes you want a buell for a first bike? Seems like kind of an oddball choice to start out on.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:45 PM #61
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

the sound
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."
Old 10-04-2012, 12:49 PM #62
automagwarrior

oh right
ಠ_ಠ
Old 10-04-2012, 01:03 PM #63
Dark Side
You will know the power

Annual Supporting Member
Dark Side is BST Trusted
Dark Side is attending Decay of Nations VI
Dark Side is attending Decay of Nations VII
I'm a bit of an oddity as I would rather do things most people don't purely for the principle of it.

07/08 Ego Vici Board
Dust Black ShockTech AutoCocker snatch grip
Closed Thread