Old 10-03-2012, 09:36 PM #127
SPECTRE Fox
PLAY PUMP!

SPECTRE Fox plays in the PSP
SPECTRE Fox is playing at Living Legends III
SPECTRE Fox supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeŠiCX View Post
Once commanders are picked for these scenarios it is up to them and their support to recruit teams. It's the second step in the planning/preparing process. No one's fault but the commander that didn't step up his recruiting if their side lacked!
This. I have been to games that had a draft (Living Legends 3 was the most successful one to date, by my estimation) and it was a pretty even game, but it takes a lot, and I mean a LOT of work to get it done and a lot of time is needed.

On top of that, there are teams that like to play with other teams and against other teams, there are players that like to play for certain generals, etc... It's the job of the generals to recruit teams for their sides (or at the very least, task people to do so).
Old 10-03-2012, 10:40 PM #128
1mg_virus

has been a member for 10 years
1mg_virus owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
1mg_virus supports DLX Technology
i understand all that but my point just is uneven teams suck. If your team is always getting rolled then why would you come back. Again I would not care but I can see how some would. Also not saying this is the reason people dont come but could be part of it.
1mg_virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:16 AM #129
boomer_splat
Life is Short; Play Hard!

Smile TANGO really enjoyed the game.....

Just wanted to say thank you to Joe, Kathy, the refs, and Rage-in-Paint for a great paintball weekend! I know all of TANGO had a blast. It was rather gut wrenching to hear that there wouldn't be any more scenarios. I hope circumstances change in the future. TANGO would love to find a reason to come down and play with the teams and friends that we've made over the past 10 years at Sherwood. Please keep us informed of whatever the Sherwood scenario community comes up with for next year. As I can't imagine a season were we didn't play at the coolest field in the states!

Best Regards,

BOOMER
TANGO Paintball Club
www.tangopaintballclub.com
boomer_splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:56 AM #130
1mg_virus

I agree boomer I cant image not playing at sherwood at all next season. Going to be sad.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:56 AM #131
Beest
Adapt and Survive

Beest supports Sherwood Forest
From my perspective on the red side I didn't feel dominated on the field, we weren't penned into our base as has happened some times.

Night game we were dominated, we expected to be, we didn't have the hard core night teams. Sunday I thought we were ahead, we went about the field with seemingly little resistance. Final battle we were dominated.

All props to In Contmept who are a mission completing machine, day and night with no rest.

I was kind of surprised to see In Contempt and ESP on the same side.

My scenario experience tells me that a game may already be won or lost before game on by what teams the commander has secured, I think the close games have been where a lot of teams sugn up without affiliation and the game director has more latitude to balance things.

It was an excellent game, I think spending a little time developing another such excellent game and promoting it to really reboot the excellent sceanrio play we have had at Sherwood may well be the best thing.

Maybe the next scenario should be a Terminator theme.
"I'll be back"
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:22 PM #132
DarkShadowHunter
Screwball, One Each

DarkShadowHunter supports Sherwood Forest
For those who are wondering about the fate of scenario at Sherwood you should check out this post taken from the 2013 thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ne_harisho2 View Post
For as long as I can remember, Sherwood has leased out the field for Larping and more recently Airsoft. In talking with Joe after the game, it seemed like it was unlikely that Sherwood would put on another game in the near future, unless the game is completely done by someone outside of Sherwood. I am currently working on a plan to possibly try and rent/lease the field out for one weekend late next year. There are many details that need to be looked into that I may not be aware of and at this point is just a slight possibility.

Buttercup
So it looks like Sherwood is done with producing games in house for the near future. However they will not be opposed to someone else coming in and basically renting out the field for the weekend.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:32 PM #133
1mg_virus

not sure if this is good news or not. to me it sounds like he wants to hit a dollor amount and he is not hitting it doing him self so why do it. Its a business so it completely makes sense to me. I am sure these take alot of time and and hard work to go about.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:56 PM #134
7paintball
Service at its best.

7paintball is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadowHunter View Post
For those who are wondering about the fate of scenario at Sherwood you should check out this post taken from the 2013 thread:

So it looks like Sherwood is done with producing games in house for the near future. However they will not be opposed to someone else coming in and basically renting out the field for the weekend.
we cant wait to come back, lets get some great games coming for next season

7pbA wants to buy your used gear!

Certified Planet Eclipse & Tippmann Tech Center
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote