Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-04-2012, 10:40 AM #1
guerilla808

Custom Bullpup

I am finishing a prototype of a bullpup for an older Tippmann A5. I have used it a few times and had great responses at my local field, and have been toying with the idea of selling them. At this point I have been working on a bullpup for a number of years on and off. The latest one is based off of a FAMAS design, though it isn't perfect, it works very well. It fits the receiver of the A5 into the rear stock and a 14" barrel fits even with the shroud, while I usually run an 18" barrel for most games. I use an offset stove pipe for the hopper, and it stays out of the way, and mostly out of sight. I don't use sights or rails when playing, it has a very intuitive feel in games, so I don't find the sights to be necessary. The grip is a standard HE E-grip, and while the internals have been upgraded, it will accept any original A5 (though I have not tried the 2011 newer model). The stock A5 requires the same mods to the body as it would with the B5 bullpup, but uses the HE E-grip style sear and solenoid so the issue with the pin-pinch are eliminated. I have pics and can shoot some video if someone asks. I'm just trying to see how much attention it gets, to determine if there is still a market for one. Send me a message if you'd like to know more.
After doing this bullpup, I am certain I can fit most if not all internals in most bullpups, and if this one sells, I will expand the model lineups to include more internal options, and more external bullpup model options. Let me know what you Paintballers think.
guerilla808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2012, 10:53 AM #2
Punisher068

Though Im not a Tippmann owner Ive always liked bullpups,the B5 that was available seemed to be popular.if youre not on M Carter Brown with this idea you might put a thread there,custom woodsball markers are probably more appreciated there,good luck with your builds,look forward to picks,you may even convert me to a Tippmann owner
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:16 AM #3
CrazyHarry
Evil Genius

CrazyHarry is playing at Living Legends VII
CrazyHarry has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CrazyHarry has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
CrazyHarry supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla808 View Post
I am finishing a prototype of a bullpup for an older Tippmann A5. I have used it a few times and had great responses at my local field, and have been toying with the idea of selling them. At this point I have been working on a bullpup for a number of years on and off. The latest one is based off of a FAMAS design, though it isn't perfect, it works very well. It fits the receiver of the A5 into the rear stock and a 14" barrel fits even with the shroud, while I usually run an 18" barrel for most games. I use an offset stove pipe for the hopper, and it stays out of the way, and mostly out of sight. I don't use sights or rails when playing, it has a very intuitive feel in games, so I don't find the sights to be necessary. The grip is a standard HE E-grip, and while the internals have been upgraded, it will accept any original A5 (though I have not tried the 2011 newer model). The stock A5 requires the same mods to the body as it would with the B5 bullpup, but uses the HE E-grip style sear and solenoid so the issue with the pin-pinch are eliminated. I have pics and can shoot some video if someone asks. I'm just trying to see how much attention it gets, to determine if there is still a market for one. Send me a message if you'd like to know more.
After doing this bullpup, I am certain I can fit most if not all internals in most bullpups, and if this one sells, I will expand the model lineups to include more internal options, and more external bullpup model options. Let me know what you Paintballers think.
I have a B5, but I've since gotten sick of the 5 million screws it takes to dissemble it, and cleaning it is a *****. I've moved on to DM's now, primarily, because of their sound signature and I, certainly, haven't ever looked back.

I've, definitely, been playing around with the idea of creating a bullpup body for a high end marker (which would be easy to do with a spoolie). If you ever went that route, I would be VERY interested.

Geisterjager CO
CrazyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:52 AM #4
1god1king

would love to see some pictures.
1god1king is offline   Reply With Quote