Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-30-2012, 12:38 PM #1
ALG xFROSTBITEx

Sly Profit vs. Vforce Grills

I've done a lot of research on both the masks and both seem pretty good. The only thing is that I hear that some sly's fog up or the gradient lenses suck. But then I hear that people have no problem with the slys. Also the Vforce I have heard no problems about but I kind of prefer the Slys.

Which is better and which should I get.
ALG xFROSTBITEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-30-2012, 05:50 PM #2
ashep01

ashep01 supports Team VICIOUS
ashep01 is for the Gunfight
ashep01 plays in the APPA D4 division
ashep01 supports DLX Technology
I have only worn the slys so I can only tell you about them. They are the most comfortable mask I have ever worn. Only once have I ever had a fogging problems, but that was during a very humid day and while playing woodsball during a 30 minute game. They sit very securely on my face and offer great protection.
However, the mouth area tends to get overly hot because it is not ventilated very well. Your breaths are just cycled back into the area around your mouth. On top of that, if you play in tournaments, it is very hard for others to hear you and for that reason I bought some I4's. When you yell, due to the lack of ventilation in the mouth most of your telling just cycles around in your mask.
ashep01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:07 PM #3
ALG xFROSTBITEx

THanks.
ALG xFROSTBITEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:54 PM #4
alexdevils9
Big Pimpin'

alexdevils9 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
alexdevils9 is for the Gunfight
alexdevils9 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
alexdevils9 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
grillz are ridiculously light, with a lot of protection. they also look pretty sick if you get the right lenses with a dirty color scheme. they're also a lot cheaper than profits

the 2011 sly's are horrible, they have a crap ton of ear padding and little or no ventilation.

the 2012's are nice w/o the ear padding but, i'd get grillz.

hope this helps.
alexdevils9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:52 PM #5
eggwhite6
don't small towns suck?

eggwhite6 supports Team VICIOUS
eggwhite6 is for the Gunfight
eggwhite6 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
get i4s or eflexes over both the others. tried them all i4s are the best all around, other then not as much protection and the eflexes breath really well.
eggwhite6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:57 PM #6
doomsday57

doomsday57 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
doomsday57 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Id go with the profit its great! mine never fogs up its a great mask real easy to take apart and its great having the two straps
doomsday57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:59 PM #7
Gyvanth
That Awkward Guy

Gyvanth has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gyvanth has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gyvanth has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I live my Grill, it's crazy comfortable and I've never had it fog up. My only complaint is that the lenses scratch easily, but they are so easy to swap out that it makes up for it.
Gyvanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:20 PM #8
robf88
Berserker

robf88 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
robf88 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I've only used the Profts, but they are my favorite out of all the masks I've had or tried (includes cheap JTs, I4's, E-vents, and Save Phace). I never have had any fogging problems, but I have used fogdoc since I got them because I previously had a Save Phace mask that fogged pretty bad.
robf88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:28 PM #9
Seando1030

Seando1030 is playing at Living Legends V
Seando1030 is playing at Living Legends VI
Seando1030 is playing at Living Legends VII
Seando1030 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Grillz man, hands down. I've tried others but the grillz are my favorite. Covers my whole mouth/chin and my ears. Easy to change lenses, quick change foam, tons of sweet color masks and lenses to choose from.
I really like the way the Profits look, but I can't justify getting a new mask when my grillz are perfect for me.
Best advice is to go to a store and try them both on for yourself.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:11 PM #10
Darko9989
MacDev Militia

Annual Supporting Member
Darko9989 is BST Trusted
Darko9989 is playing at Living Legends V
Darko9989 is for the Gunfight
Darko9989 supports Pev's Paintball
Darko9989 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Darko9989 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashep01 View Post
I have only worn the slys so I can only tell you about them. They are the most comfortable mask I have ever worn. Only once have I ever had a fogging problems, but that was during a very humid day and while playing woodsball during a 30 minute game. They sit very securely on my face and offer great protection.
However, the mouth area tends to get overly hot because it is not ventilated very well. Your breaths are just cycled back into the area around your mouth. On top of that, if you play in tournaments, it is very hard for others to hear you and for that reason I bought some I4's. When you yell, due to the lack of ventilation in the mouth most of your telling just cycles around in your mask.
I agree with everything this guy said about the Profits other than the comfort part. This mask was the most comfortable one I had worn until the new E-Flex came out. Now that one is. He is also not kidding about the breathing part. That mask can get stuffy. I prefer comfort and breath-ability which is why I own the E-Flexes. I don't want to steer away from the original question though so out of those two I would pick the Profits.
Darko9989 is offline   Reply With Quote