Old 10-03-2012, 06:57 PM #1
RBR321
I'll bring the pizzas.

RBR321 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
RBR321 supports Team VICIOUS
RBR321 supports DLX Technology
Fisheye question

I have an Opteka 37mm 0.3X HD Ultra Fisheye and it completely throws my focus to ****. I'm using it on a Sony DCR-SX45 so it's an adapter lens rather than an actual lens that would perform much better. I know many people use adapter fisheyes and the picture quality is just fine but for whatever reason mine continues to be terrible. If I place focus and scene selection on auto, it can only focus on extremely close objects. Anything 3 feet away or more is blurry. I tried manual focus, and all of the scene selections and it still continues to be blurry. Would adding something to extend the lens further out help? I sorta remember reading that extending the lens further away from the cameras actual lens helps clear it up. Any suggestions?

This is how it came out when I had everything on auto.
"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
'MURICA

Last edited by RBR321 : 10-03-2012 at 07:00 PM.
RBR321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:19 PM #2
Mike Grenade

Mike Grenade is a Paintball photographer
Best suggestion would be to get a better auxiliary lens. Opteka is lowest bidder type crap and this is probably the best it can do.
Mike Grenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:08 PM #3
skwirnmn
Chris Loh

put a UV filter in between. there needs to be space between the camera's optics and the fisheye.
skwirnmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:24 PM #4
RBR321
I'll bring the pizzas.

RBR321 supports Team VICIOUS
RBR321 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwirnmn View Post
put a UV filter in between. there needs to be space between the camera's optics and the fisheye.
Can I just use a step down then step up ring between the camera and fisheye?
"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
'MURICA
RBR321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:33 AM #5
skwirnmn
Chris Loh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBR321 View Post
Can I just use a step down then step up ring between the camera and fisheye?
that's fine too. anything to create a bit more distance. but that's not entirely the problem. I'm not familiar with the camera you are using, but the camera shouldn't have focus issues like that.
skwirnmn is offline   Reply With Quote