Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-30-2012, 08:09 PM #1
dweller

Stealth regulator questions

I have been searching with no luck what size and duro are the orings in my Crossfire stealth regulator and fill nipple? I too developed the tiny hole leak after the first 4500 fill of the season. It was 3000 fills for a long time. I disassembled and thoroughly cleaned all parts, and I am in the habit of replacing orings on anything that has them before re-assembly. Help plz

Last edited by dweller : 09-30-2012 at 08:13 PM. Reason: missed a word
dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-30-2012, 10:42 PM #2
CA_Tectonics

I've posted it a couple times. It came up when I searched for "Crossfire SS o-rings". Anyway, here is the info:

Here are the o-rings for the Crossfire SS reg:

Top of bonnet (top of threads - reg to asa) = -015 urethane type
Fill nipple = -006 urethane type
Cylinder to reg = -015 buna type
Larger o-ring on piston in reg = -012 buna type
Smaller 0-ring on piston in reg = 4.5mm inside diameter X 1mm cross section buna type

On a side note, Crossfire recommends using Dow 111 as the lube to use on their regs. I believe DOW 33 and DOW 55 will also work too but isn't the 1st choice. Just be sure to ALWAYS use 100% silicone grease for all applications when it comes to HPA tanks/regs.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:36 AM #3
dweller

[quote= Just be sure to ALWAYS use 100% silicone grease for all applications when it comes to HPA tanks/regs.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I noticed the # 12 oring is stiffer than a duro 70 so will try a duro 90. Any Tricks to cleaning out the tank before assembly? Its actually pretty clean other than a few moisture drops. Isn't dielectric grease from permatex 100% silicon?
Old 10-01-2012, 05:10 AM #4
jdmpurest
Eat ****, Die Slow

jdmpurest owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jdmpurest has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jdmpurest has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I had this same problem and it was due to not having enough grease. I rebuilt it with new orings twice until Crossfire told me i wasnt using enough grease. You have to use alot, i used a big glob were the stem goes into the smallest oring towards the bottle end. That cleared it up it worked flawless after that. Make sure you use Dow 111 or another clear 100% thick silicone grease.
Flex Owners Club #150

ehh

"Wool owns. In the Finnish military we had a sweater of wool we called Pillu. It means *ussy because no matter how wet it got, it was always warming"
jdmpurest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:56 AM #5
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweller View Post
Thank you, I noticed the # 12 oring is stiffer than a duro 70 so will try a duro 90. Any Tricks to cleaning out the tank before assembly? Its actually pretty clean other than a few moisture drops. Isn't dielectric grease from permatex 100% silicon?
Do you mean in the cylinder itself? Just take off the reg and use a hair dryer to dry the moisture.

Don't know about the Permatex grease. I found some Dow-111 on eBay that was pretty cheap so I just went with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmpurest View Post
I had this same problem and it was due to not having enough grease. I rebuilt it with new orings twice until Crossfire told me i wasnt using enough grease. You have to use alot, i used a big glob were the stem goes into the smallest oring towards the bottle end. That cleared it up it worked flawless after that. Make sure you use Dow 111 or another clear 100% thick silicone grease.
Yes, I should have mentioned that. Use plenty of grease when lubing the reg internals up. Thanks for bringing that little detail up .
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Old 10-01-2012, 03:05 PM #6
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Crossfire only recommends Dow 111. Using anything else, even Dow 33/55 can cause the piston to stick.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:45 PM #7
dweller

The stealth holds air once again! Thanks for your help with this.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:19 PM #8
CA_Tectonics

Good to hear .