Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-01-2012, 11:57 PM #1
ReynardHonda

Ion Xe Regulator Set Screw Question

I picked up an XE which my son has been using all season. I broke down the regulator today for some preventative maintenance. As soon as I removed the lower set screw on the velocity adjustment portion of the regulator, the nylon washer on it crumbled into about six pieces.

Aired it up, set pressure and dry fired a few times. Seems to be ok but is it a huge problem if I can't find a parts gun to salvage one off? What can I expect if I run without it?

Thanks
ReynardHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-03-2012, 07:29 AM #2
Lt. Tank
What would you ask God ?

Lt. Tank owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I cant remember a washer been there, but chrono it and see if its consistent.
Heres a link to the manual http://imgs.pbnation.com/manuals/86.pdf , maybe you are talking about the "spring platform" on page 15, thats where the spring seats, not sure if youll velocity issues , but sure can play without it.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:28 PM #3
ReynardHonda

Lt. Thanks for the manual. I have a PDF manual currently but I like the one you linked to better. I believe we are on the same page as to what screw my issue is with but just to be sure, it would be the screw referred to as "safety screw" on page 15 of that manual. I haven't had the opportunity to get out and chrono it yet but will definitely do that. Seems to be no leaks, dry fire is good and pressure holds consistent.

I'm still not sure what the "safety screw" is keeping you safe from but near as I can tell the sole purpose of the washer is to allow you to tighten up that screw enough to keep it from vibrating out of place while under load. No manual I have come across even shows this washer. If I hadn't watched a video on the proceedure to disassemble the regulator where the washer was mentioned I would have just assumed the washer pieces I found were just 'crud'.

I put some temporary thread lock on the screw so that should keep it in place. Velocity pressure responds as it should to adjustment so once I get it on a chrono and verify consistency, I agree with you that there shouldn't be any issue playing with it.

Thanks for your help.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:20 PM #4
Lt. Tank
What would you ask God ?

Lt. Tank owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
you got it right Rey, the only porpouse of that screw is to keep the sleeve in place, thread lock (blue not red pleeease) will do the trick.
Im in Mex so no chance to spare you a full ion reg that I have around from my old marker, but i think youll be fine
Old 10-03-2012, 01:34 PM #5
ReynardHonda

Excellent news, thanks again Lt. & yes it was blue thread lock not red, lol.