Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 02:08 PM #211
lowbudgethero
Boomer

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampager2000 View Post
And not redlining when it's 20 degrees out and you just turned your car on.
I thought you had to do top speed runs cold before heat soak
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-03-2012, 02:13 PM #212
Khanhfucious
w0rd

Khanhfucious owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Khanhfucious supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_caffeine View Post
I was cool with everything up until here. What was my statement based on?

The last two years of SCCA rally cross podiums, and his podiums at NEFR and Blackriver. Comparing qualifying times between Wilcox and RC is like apples to oranges. Their cars are no where NEAR on the same level of setup, I can't comment on how much power each makes, but I'm will to put my money on RC's power to weight ratio is substantially better. Also, his mechanical failure was the result of him not knowing the limit of his car (from what I heard), launching and snapping an axel I'd consider an inexperienced drivers error.

Kudos to RC having the time and money to travel to Dirtfish and O'Neil- must be nice to again have the resources and ability to do so.

I will say this, I personally heard (and I wont divulge the source) that his lap times at the Glen this past weekend were atrocious and that he was very slow. The person who told me this is a very qualified and legitimate driver and I believe him entirely.

I'm sure Wilcox would have a badass video spot if he wasn't out racing every chance he got, spending a ridiculous amount of money to race and prove himself. I should recommend to him that next year, he should only do 1 race and a $275 track day, and take the rest of the money (probably around $5k in entry alone this year) and make a super wicked sweet video for the internet.
RC has absolutely no interest in SCCA Style RallyX, and we have never discredited Wilcox for his podiums at NEFR, USRC#2 or Black River.

Keep in mind that the RCR car was supposed to be done in October 2011. Many many delays out of RC's control lead to me sleeping on the floor at ECS the week before USRC#2 to get the car ready. RC has very little seat time in that car.

Comparing their qualifying times at the same event in the same class is apples to oranges? How so?

Wilcox's car is lighter than the RCR car. I forget what Wilcox's car weighs as I was focusing on finishing the RCR car, but the RCR car is 3300lbs, and Wilcox's car is less. While Ryan's car never made it on the dyno restricted, the RCR car was hovering around the 200/200 mark restricted, due to the size of our turbo. Restricted cars set up like how Wilcox's is set up make more than 200hp and closer to 300tq.

I dont know if you've ever watched Rallycross, but it's a drag race to the first turn. RC, due to his qualifying times, was lined up with the 4WD Open cars running 45mm restrictors with gobs more power, so the launch was crucial for him. He just got unlucky and broke an axle. WRX Axles get broken on a regular basis in drag racing.

Our decision to run Semi-Slicks designed for road racing on the RCR car was not the greatest decision we've ever made, either, because while the car grips on the tarmac, it is absolutely useless on the dirt.

DirtFish and TON were great learning resources for RC and RC constantly seeks advice from them. Any hatred of that is pure jealousy, no excuses.

RC turned to Mike Sousa for advice at Glen, since they both run a NA 2.5RS (Mike's being much more modified and setup for road racing). I think Mike went out riding suicide with RC for one session.
Fact: RC has very little experience in the rain.
Fact: RC had no experience at Glen prior to the weekend.
Fact: RC had 1/2-1/3 the horsepower of any other vehicle in his run group.
Fact: RC does not have a transponder. No sure how RC was timed.
Beyond that, I dont know how RC did out there. He went into the event looking for seat time, looking to learn new things, and he left somewhat satisfied. (Kudos to Mike for setting the track record again)

Like I said previously, RC has absolutely zero interest in SCCA style RallyX. The car is set up for European Style Rallycross, and that's the only style of racing he will do. Wilcox is much more diverse and therefore goes to many other races. There is currently only one racing series RCR can compete in. (The second we had planned on racing in was canceled for 2012). The end of the 2011 season was missed due to the car not being ready. The first event in 2012 was missed due to the car not being ready.

And while RCR is not racing, we are getting publicity for our sponsors in other ways. Im sorry if you dont agree with our approach. With the time between rounds, we have to get creative.

RC has done 10-12 track days this year. Not a lot, however, you try doing what RC does and still make it on track. I do half what he does and cant make it on track, even if I have a car offered to me because mine is having Mechanicals.

You saying Wilcox is better far better than RC is like saying Travis Pastrana is far better than (Insert NASCAR driver who only competes in NASCAR here), because Travis Podiums more. Well no **** Travis Podiums more, he participates in many different series.

Dont get me wrong, by no means am I saying Wilcox is a crap driver, by no means am I saying RC is the greatest driver ever, but what you are saying about RC is unfair.

I wont argue with you further, since youre obviously upset your friend doesnt get publicity, and I'm biased because Im an integral part of team RCR.

EDIT: Feel Free to forward my posts to Ryan, Paul, ECS and tell them how much Im discrediting them.

Last edited by Khanhfucious : 10-03-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:37 PM #213
Khanhfucious
w0rd

BRB..getting ready to put on an event for 3000 people across the country with RC.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:50 PM #214
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-

Across the country like Texas maybe?

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Old 10-03-2012, 03:05 PM #215
Khanhfucious
w0rd

Http://www.subiefest.com
Old 10-03-2012, 03:40 PM #216
ridebmx211
RC ARMY

ridebmx211 is a founding member
ridebmx211 plays in the PSP
ridebmx211 supports Pev's Paintball
ridebmx211 plays in the APPA D4 division
ridebmx211 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanhfucious View Post
And while RCR is not racing, we are getting publicity for our sponsors in other ways.
This. i dunno why there is so much hatred over a little advertising. Its not like the dude was calling anyone out. Simply put he was advertising. Kinda like me making a video for Stiffi, talking about how i plan on winning WC. its a decent attempt at a viral video to promote the sponsors and the team. To me it has nothing to do with any other drivers or really the driver in the video.
Save the Environment, PLAY PUMP!
Old 10-03-2012, 03:47 PM #217
Rampager2000

Quote:
Lamee. Have fun.

You guys should detour back and hit the Big Event at Gillman Subaru in Houston on the 13th. You could have a badass car beside the Puma Subies. Come on, you know you wanna.

Old 10-03-2012, 04:39 PM #218
Khanhfucious
w0rd

Ps-RCR is now 4WD Open with a KHDDesigns 45mm Restrictor. I'm excited to hear the torque number because that will allow out turbocharger to actually spool and make boost.

On the KHDDesigns 34mm Restrictor, the car would only make 12psi boost with the wastegate clamped shut.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:55 PM #219
RBR321
I'll bring the pizzas.

RBR321 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
RBR321 supports Team VICIOUS
RBR321 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapp_badbloodz View Post
Like I said... ANY car can be driven hard just be sure.to monitor the things that let it operate at that capacity. Oil, trans fluid, fuel filter, oil filter... regular maintenance stuff needs to be serviceable or stuff will fail.

Subarus can be ran hard all the time if this criteria is met. Easy peasy
So you mean constantly flooring my car that only has 8% oil life left is bad thing? woops.
"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
'MURICA
Old 10-03-2012, 07:56 PM #220
ridebmx211
RC ARMY

ridebmx211 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBR321 View Post
So you mean constantly flooring my car that only has 8% oil life left is bad thing? woops.
meh, it will buff out
Old 10-03-2012, 07:58 PM #221
RBR321
I'll bring the pizzas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridebmx211 View Post
meh, it will buff out
The car is going back next week anyway and I'm sharing an Equinox with my mom until January/February when I get my car.
"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
'MURICA
Old 10-03-2012, 08:08 PM #222
Khanhfucious
w0rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampager2000 View Post
Lamee. Have fun.

You guys should detour back and hit the Big Event at Gillman Subaru in Houston on the 13th. You could have a badass car beside the Puma Subies. Come on, you know you wanna.
We're shaking down the yellow car in New Hampshire on the 13th, otherwise I'd be shooting Formula Drift.

I've actually wondered if Texas had the crowd to sustain an event of the caliber we shoot for.

(Ibshanesaysoureventsarecrap)
Old 10-03-2012, 08:43 PM #223
akward silence
Deep Sea Diving

akward silence is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
akward silence is a top reviewer
I am digging the title.
OSTT GURU
Old 10-03-2012, 09:09 PM #224
kapp_badbloodz
CLASSIFIED

kapp_badbloodz supports Cereal Killerz 2
kapp_badbloodz supports our troops
kapp_badbloodz is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
where have you been??!!!

"Originally posted by slateman: Air Force . . . serious business"
MGDT: "Originally posted by Marine786: We had one guy get orders for a deployment while on a deployment."
AFDT:"Originally posted by f2f4: Or maybe he meant our exposed and aerated crotches. Privates. Because lord knows our PT gear only encourages "wardrobe malfunctions.""
Old 10-03-2012, 09:24 PM #225
Rampager2000

Quote:
We're shaking down the yellow car in New Hampshire on the 13th, otherwise I'd be shooting Formula Drift.

I've actually wondered if Texas had the crowd to sustain an event of the caliber we shoot for.

(Ibshanesaysoureventsarecrap)
https://www.facebook.com/events/442211575823963/

I dunno if there are any racing things, like the one you posted, as I'm pretty new to the scene. But that event is pretty damn big and supposedly pretty fun. I'll be there next week for sure.

It will be my first actual event here so I'll be sure to let you guys know how it goes.

I just wish there was a track nearby that had track days worth going to. There's one in Houston but they cost so damn much and nobody goes and the track is ****.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:49 PM #226
akward silence
Deep Sea Diving

akward silence is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
akward silence is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapp_badbloodz View Post
where have you been??!!!
Working, you?
OSTT GURU
Old 10-03-2012, 10:24 PM #227
no_caffeine
EOMFD.

no_caffeine is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
I wont argue with you further, since youre obviously upset your friend doesnt get publicity, and I'm biased because Im an integral part of team RCR.

But is RCR in European Rally magazines such as 'Pacenotes?'

Also why do you keep saying we, we, we? That would be like saying Mike and I set the track record at Glen because I work on his car 4/5 times it's on the lift with him.

There are other things I'd address but no one in here wants to hear it. I'm sure I'll see you sooner than later and we can chat then. Also, I wont say you're events suck because in general I dislike car shows / meets / 'events' - so to say yours specifically suck wouldn't be fair.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:30 PM #228
ridebmx211
RC ARMY

ridebmx211 is Legendary
seriously noone cares who's penis is bigger. take your childish bickering somewhere else. lets talk more about blown up subarus
Old 10-03-2012, 10:48 PM #229
RBR321
I'll bring the pizzas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akward silence View Post
I am digging the title.
Thou art welcome senor
'MURICA
Old 10-03-2012, 10:49 PM #230
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridebmx211 View Post
seriously noone cares who's penis is bigger. take your childish bickering somewhere else. lets talk more about blown up subarus
Did I miss Cute coming back?
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 10-03-2012, 10:51 PM #231
DrobertsPB
You rebel scum

So subarus and stuff
Closed Thread