Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-04-2010, 03:42 AM #148
glaman5266

It comes off. If you're not looking to use the reg anymore, I'd just use a vicegrip and a wrench. Or else wrap a thin towel around it and stick it in a vice. You should not have to buy new steel-braided line.
glaman5266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:07 PM #149
eluminx

yea i got it off was a ***** though, do i need to clean off the old loctite and then add blue loctite to the new connection?
eluminx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:43 AM #150
glaman5266

You really should clean the threads up a bit. Just clean 'em best you can. I myself use a dental pick to clean loctite/adhesives off threads.

Something to consider: If you do frequent parts or hose/fitting swapping, then plumbers'/thread tape may be a better option. Not as clean looking, but it's cheap (about $1 a roll at Wal-Mart and lasts quite a long time) and instantly seals (no drying time). Good for fast repairs and fixing leaks in a staging area.
Plus it sucks using loctite on something, letting it dry, and in the end not sealing. If it interests you, you can find thread tape in the PVC/plastic pipe section at Wal-Mart.

Last edited by glaman5266 : 03-08-2010 at 07:48 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:15 PM #151
eluminx

hmm thanks for the tip...yea i have a dental pick ill use that to clean up the loctite...still waiting on my xchamber though
Old 03-09-2010, 06:41 PM #152
eluminx

hmm so question i got my xchamber but i had to flip the steel hose around so that the 90 degree connector is on the xchamber and the straight section connects to the asa but its a bit too long to fit that way plus i stripped one of the nuts pretty bad so i want to get another line but i cant figure out how long i need any suggestions on how to figure it out? it does say that the measurement is from the end of the fitting but i just cant figure out the measure
Old 03-11-2010, 07:30 AM #153
glaman5266

Just measure and approximate. Try going to a proshop and search for other hose lengths and approximate it.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:37 PM #154
eluminx

Finally went out and shot this bad boy up and for the most part it wasnt bad. Although I had a fresh battery in and it didnt take long before it was not firing when I click which is so annoying. Then it stopped firing all together so I took the co2 tank off and the oring on the tank had totally expanded to at least 2 times its size. Is that normal? Either way i popped another tank on and it would take the air for about a second or two then drop it out of the (for lack of better word) hole in the bottom of the ASA as if I was unscrewing the tank, releasing the pressure. It wouldnt hold air at all. Any ideas? And on how to improve the battery life?
Old 03-21-2010, 06:47 AM #155
glaman5266

Quote:
Originally Posted by eluminx View Post
Finally went out and shot this bad boy up and for the most part it wasnt bad. Although I had a fresh battery in and it didnt take long before it was not firing when I click which is so annoying. Then it stopped firing all together so I took the co2 tank off and the oring on the tank had totally expanded to at least 2 times its size. Is that normal? Either way i popped another tank on and it would take the air for about a second or two then drop it out of the (for lack of better word) hole in the bottom of the ASA as if I was unscrewing the tank, releasing the pressure. It wouldnt hold air at all. Any ideas? And on how to improve the battery life?
That's not normal. Sounds like your o-rings are old. The older they get, the better chance you have of breaking one through normal use or slicing one while screwing the bottle in (they tend to loosen up/expand/become brittle over time). Try replacing them and try it again.

As for the battery life, try this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaman5266 View Post
I had the same issue. The boards eat batteries like there's no tomorrow and lose the power to trip the sear pretty quickly. Plus they seem to suck battery power when not in use. I simply switched to a 9.6V rechargeable and took out the battery when I stored it.

If that doesn't work, you may have to send it in to JT (which I also had to do). They replaced some electrical component(s) and it has worked well ever since.
More than likely it's the battery. I would blow through a 9V every 2 days of play.
If you can't get a 9.6V rechargeable, make sure you use name brand batteries. Those hold the best charge. If that doesn't help, contact JT.

Last edited by glaman5266 : 03-21-2010 at 06:49 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:04 AM #156
eluminx

Ok thanks I will try that.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:22 PM #157
iviaverick52

I have an old excellerator 4.0 that has been awesome, but I'm wanting to give it to a friend to get them into paintball, but it needs some repairs. The last time I used it i broke the steel hose off (long story short, i stepped on the tank, ripped off the entire asa from the drop forward and the hose snapped at the expansion chamber). So I need to get some macroline to replace the hose since I am unsure of the exact drop forward I will place on it, but the connector coming out the bottom of the expansion chamber is male! of course it's american standard which causes it's own problems, but all macroline fittings are male as well, so I'm trying to find the proper adapter for female U.S. to female metric but to no avail. Anyone know of a place that sells them or will I have to sift through many drawers of fittings at the hardware store?
iviaverick52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:36 AM #158
Brass Pigeon

Hey, i have a 5.0 is there a way to modify the stock board so you could go full auto or at least uncapp it?
Brass Pigeon is offline   Reply With Quote