ridebmx211 plays in the APPA D4 division
ridebmx211 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapp_badbloodz View Post
I love lamp
this guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanhfucious View Post
You cant hate because someone can afford to spend more money than you.
This is the problem with most people today. They are simply jealous of someone elses privledges. I dont know any of you so i can say this. Who gives a **** if he makes a damn video and posts it on the internet??? If your better than him, show up at an event and beat him. Simple as that. Other wise quit being a *****
Save the Environment, PLAY PUMP!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-03-2012, 08:28 AM #191
Supra_MKIII
Check your math.

I get hella jelly of some of the **** that goes on around here but getting salty about it and holding it against people doesn't accomplish anything.

2001 Viggen // Stage 1 Oil Injection // Stage 3 Exhaust Leak // Wet Clutch Mod
Old 10-03-2012, 08:38 AM #192
Khanhfucious
w0rd

Khanhfucious owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Khanhfucious supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridebmx211 View Post
this guy

This is the problem with most people today. They are simply jealous of someone elses privledges. I dont know any of you so i can say this. Who gives a **** if he makes a damn video and posts it on the internet??? If your better than him, show up at an event and beat him. Simple as that. Other wise quit being a *****
People have a weird sense of entitlement for some reason.

RC busts his *** off working in average 80+ hours a week to be able to do what he does. When it comes to an all hands call to get the car ready, he may not be mechanically inclined, but he's up and watching anytime anyone is working on the car, ready for a coffee or food run.

The difference between RC and many grassroots drivers is that RC is excellent in the business front.

Please note that RC and I have nothing against grassroots Motorsports...just this week we drove 1500 miles to a track event at Glen and slept in the car...

Last edited by Khanhfucious : 10-03-2012 at 09:03 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:44 AM #193
Supra_MKIII
Check your math.

How often do you guys run in RallyCross events? I'd love to come see one next year.

2001 Viggen // Stage 1 Oil Injection // Stage 3 Exhaust Leak // Wet Clutch Mod
Old 10-03-2012, 08:52 AM #194
Khanhfucious
w0rd

I don't know about any other drivers, but RCR is scheduled to run in the next 2 RallyAmerica US Rallycross events at NJMP in October and November. The exact dates are in the video in the jalop link I posted earlier.

It's important to note that RCR runs in European style Rallycross (think Xgames but not as crazy, GRC but not this year's), not SCCA style RallyX (AutoX on dirt/mud)

Last edited by Khanhfucious : 10-03-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:09 AM #195
lowbudgethero
Boomer

has been a member for 10 years
Do Subaru WRXs and STis have a tendency to spin rod bearings?
Old 10-03-2012, 09:16 AM #196
kapp_badbloodz
CLASSIFIED

kapp_badbloodz supports Cereal Killerz 2
kapp_badbloodz supports our troops
kapp_badbloodz is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
The late 07s to early 2010s are more prone to ringland failure than other models even when properly maintained. I have a damaged ringland which let to phantom oil consumption which then caused a spun rod bearing.

Not all Subarus are like this. Some work awesome... others are abused and maltreated so they fall apart. The more time I spend under my car the more I realize the previous owner was full of **** and he beat this car into the ground. I've red lined the car maybe twice and just cruise around for the.most part. Now my car makes funny noises and struggles to go 80 on the highway. It does... just not smooth at all

"Originally posted by slateman: Air Force . . . serious business"
MGDT: "Originally posted by Marine786: We had one guy get orders for a deployment while on a deployment."
AFDT:"Originally posted by f2f4: Or maybe he meant our exposed and aerated crotches. Privates. Because lord knows our PT gear only encourages "wardrobe malfunctions.""
Old 10-03-2012, 09:30 AM #197
lowbudgethero
Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapp_badbloodz View Post
The late 07s to early 2010s are more prone to ringland failure than other models even when properly maintained. I have a damaged ringland which let to phantom oil consumption which then caused a spun rod bearing.

Not all Subarus are like this. Some work awesome... others are abused and maltreated so they fall apart. The more time I spend under my car the more I realize the previous owner was full of **** and he beat this car into the ground. I've red lined the car maybe twice and just cruise around for the.most part. Now my car makes funny noises and struggles to go 80 on the highway. It does... just not smooth at all
I feel like you should be able to redline a performance car all the time and not have to worry about catastrophic failure
Old 10-03-2012, 10:01 AM #198
kapp_badbloodz
CLASSIFIED

You can to an extent. You have to realize that every vehicle has its.limits. you can only push something to its threshold so many times before it breaks or major maintenance needs to be performed.

So yes... you can redline as much as you want but be prepared to maintain that vehicle. In my situation I've just had bad luck with poor quality party from factory and a ****ty previous owner :/

MGDT: "Originally posted by Marine786: We had one guy get orders for a deployment while on a deployment."
AFDT:"Originally posted by f2f4: Or maybe he meant our exposed and aerated crotches. Privates. Because lord knows our PT gear only encourages "wardrobe malfunctions.""
Old 10-03-2012, 10:07 AM #199
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-

A redline a day keeps the mechanic away.

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Old 10-03-2012, 10:09 AM #200
Khanhfucious
w0rd

Redline is designed to protect the motor. Theoretically, you can bounce off redline all day long.

However, you have to keep in mind that the faster you spin a motor, the more its going to wear out the lubricant.

Most high performance failures are due to lack of maintenance.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:36 AM #201
kapp_badbloodz
CLASSIFIED

Quote:
Redline is designed to protect the motor. Theoretically, you can bounce off redline all day long.

However, you have to keep in mind that the faster you spin a motor, the more its going to wear out the lubricant.

Exactly what I was trying to say... but less retarded as mine :/

Someone buy my short block... like new I swear

Old 10-03-2012, 10:40 AM #202
lowbudgethero
Boomer

Quote:

So, is it usually a mix of performance upgrades + lack of maintenance that causes spun bearings?

Just coming from my perspective, I drive my car pretty damn hard, and I'm looking at different cars one of which is a 05+ wrx,9-2x or an 04-06 STI.

I used to travel 45 miles a day on the highway with little traffic and cops so my car got a workout (consistently over 3-4K rpm in top gear several redlines a day). Both cars are 161K and 125K miles with 60 more horsepower and 80ftl/bs more on tap there is no way I would even think that I was going to spin a rod or have any other trouble with the motor. I'd expect to change a turbo sooner rather than later or a fuel pump, but not a major over haul on the motor. Would I expect to get the same reliability with a stage 2, 2+ wrx/sti, with simple 3-5K synthetic oil changes?
Old 10-03-2012, 10:41 AM #203
Khanhfucious
w0rd

Wow. I just made the connection that scoutu is s-coutu, not scout-u.

:derp:
Old 10-03-2012, 10:42 AM #204
Khanhfucious
w0rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbudgethero View Post
So, is it usually a mix of performance upgrades + lack of maintenance that causes spun bearings?

Just coming from my perspective, I drive my car pretty damn hard, and I'm looking at different cars one of which is a 05+ wrx,9-2x or an 04-06 STI.

I used to travel 45 miles a day on the highway with little traffic and cops so my car got a workout (consistently over 3-4K rpm in top gear several redlines a day). Both cars are 161K and 125K miles with 60 more horsepower and 80ftl/bs more on tap there is no way I would even think that I was going to spin a rod or have any other trouble with the motor. I'd expect to change a turbo sooner rather than later or a fuel pump, but not a major over haul on the motor. Would I expect to get the same reliability with a stage 2, 2+ wrx/sti, with simple 3-5K synthetic oil changes?
Spun bearings is almost always oil/maintenence related.

You need to use a robust oil and you need to change it often.

Not all synthetic oils are the same.

And no we are not having another oil discussion.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:43 AM #205
lowbudgethero
Boomer

Quote:

Wasn't trying to, but essentially what i want to know is a maintained mildly tuned subie should be fine to drive hard everyday?
Old 10-03-2012, 10:45 AM #206
Khanhfucious
w0rd

I know people with cars ranging from Stage 2 to GT35Rs who wind out their motors on a regular basis with "high mileage". 130k on my car.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:05 AM #207
kapp_badbloodz
CLASSIFIED

Like I said... ANY car can be driven hard just be sure.to monitor the things that let it operate at that capacity. Oil, trans fluid, fuel filter, oil filter... regular maintenance stuff needs to be serviceable or stuff will fail.

Subarus can be ran hard all the time if this criteria is met. Easy peasy

Old 10-03-2012, 01:11 PM #208
no_caffeine
EOMFD.

no_caffeine is a Paintball photographer
Quote:

As far as "when Wilcox is clearly the better and more talented driver", I wont comment. However, I will ask what you base that on. RC has run one race, and DNF'd due to a mechanical. Before the mechanical, his qualifying times were well quicker than Ryan's. RC has attended DirtFish and Team O'Niel, and consistently impresses other drivers and instructors at track days.

You cant hate because someone can afford to spend more money than you.

I was cool with everything up until here. What was my statement based on?

The last two years of SCCA rally cross podiums, and his podiums at NEFR and Blackriver. Comparing qualifying times between Wilcox and RC is like apples to oranges. Their cars are no where NEAR on the same level of setup, I can't comment on how much power each makes, but I'm will to put my money on RC's power to weight ratio is substantially better. Also, his mechanical failure was the result of him not knowing the limit of his car (from what I heard), launching and snapping an axel I'd consider an inexperienced drivers error.

Kudos to RC having the time and money to travel to Dirtfish and O'Neil- must be nice to again have the resources and ability to do so.

I will say this, I personally heard (and I wont divulge the source) that his lap times at the Glen this past weekend were atrocious and that he was very slow. The person who told me this is a very qualified and legitimate driver and I believe him entirely.

I'm sure Wilcox would have a badass video spot if he wasn't out racing every chance he got, spending a ridiculous amount of money to race and prove himself. I should recommend to him that next year, he should only do 1 race and a $275 track day, and take the rest of the money (probably around $5k in entry alone this year) and make a super wicked sweet video for the internet.

Quote:
Wow. I just made the connection that scoutu is s-coutu, not scout-u.

:derp:

Last edited by no_caffeine : 10-03-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:19 PM #209
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-

Quote:

And not redlining when it's 20 degrees out and you just turned your car on.

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Old 10-03-2012, 02:06 PM #210
kapp_badbloodz
CLASSIFIED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampager2000 View Post
And not redlining when it's 20 degrees out and you just turned your car on.
Wait... you're not supposed to do this???

Closed Thread