PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-02-2012, 10:45 PM #610
Tempted (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromsnake View Post
Still took Tito Ortiz in 3 rounds...
Tito is the second most over rated fighter in the history of MMA. The, obviously, is Fedor. Randy Couture took Tito 5 rounds. Chuck knocked him unconscious twice, Matt Hammill killed him, Evans and Little Nog pretty much made him tap to strikes(body shots). Tito was never number one.
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2012, 11:40 PM #611
Marko34256

has been a member for 10 years
Marko34256 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Marko34256 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
He was pretty solid at one point. He beat Wandy and Vitor along with some other decent names. Fought Rashad to a draw (points taken for grabbing the fence) and almost submitted Machida. He's a dick, but let's not downplay his achievements.

When you look back on Fedor's record it may not look that impressive, but he beat the best out there during his prime. Hard to really argue for his opponents currently because they all went out or are going out pitifully, but he beat these guys at their best.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:32 AM #612
Tempted (Banned)

Their best wasn't good. Fact is most of Fedor's fights were against UFC rejects.

He beat Sobral back in 2001 but he had already been beat by Hendo. Liddell KOed Sobral twice, Fedor couldn't finish him and it went to a decision.

He beat Big Nog but so has everyone else. No real bragging rights there.

He won against Herring by doctor stoppage, but that was after Vitor and Nog had already beaten him. Again, not a real impressive win.

He did beat Randleman(17-16 record) but that was after he got thrown like a rag doll in the ring. And don't forget that Randy, Chuck and Rampage had all beat him first.

He took Crocop to a decision even though everyone else was able to finish him. Fedor couldn't.

Mark Hunt is a legitimate win.

Matt Linland. Come on, a welterweight? Not even a good welterweight.

Tim Sylvia had already been cut from the UFC when Fedor fought him.

Randy, Mir and Arlovski all beat Sylvia before he fought Fedor. Another unimpressive fight.

Arlovski was actually dominating Fedor until the lucky shot has already been cut from the UFC.

Werdum was cut from the UFC as well, and he beat Fedor.

He also got beat by that can Bigfoot Silva. Not just beat, he got owned.

Hendo, a 185er, stoned Fedor in the first round.

After Fedor was exposed as nothing more than an average fighter with heart his management team starting putting together can fights to "get his rep back up".

I mean lets face it, Randy Couture has beaten more quality opponents than Fedor. So has Chuck, Mir, Hendo Penn and Hughes.

Fedor's legacy turned infamous when he declined a fight in the UFC. He knew he couldn't win in the HW division of UFC so instead of being embarrassed he took easier, less paying fights.

There has never been a more overrated fighter than him. He has only fought one legit fight in his entire career, and that was Hunt.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:28 AM #613
JoshGrrrr
@!?#%&$

JoshGrrrr is a Supporting Member
JoshGrrrr is playing at Living Legends III
JoshGrrrr supports our troops
^^^
Agree. Been saying this for years.
JoshGrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:42 AM #614
Desperado_Ghost
Professional Professional

Desperado_Ghost is playing at Living Legends V
Desperado_Ghost is for the Gunfight
Desperado_Ghost is for the Gunfight
Desperado_Ghost posts videos on PbNation
Desperado_Ghost is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Freaking short legs! I transitioned from an armbar attempt to a triangle on the mat last night, but couldn`t lock it in. I was able to switch to a nice gogoplata and got my sparring partner to tap.

For some reason I can do the gogo just fine, but have trouble with the triangle choke from my back. I usually transition into a triangle from mount when my opponent rolls, but I like learning how to apply things from various positions.

Anyway, my instructor wants me to come in thursday a bit early for some help on the subject. I will get there one day! lol

Speaking of the UFC, I need to watch last fridays episode of TUF.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:07 AM #615
Marko34256

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempted View Post
Their best wasn't good. Fact is most of Fedor's fights were against UFC rejects.

He beat Sobral back in 2001 but he had already been beat by Hendo. Liddell KOed Sobral twice, Fedor couldn't finish him and it went to a decision.

He beat Big Nog but so has everyone else. No real bragging rights there.

He won against Herring by doctor stoppage, but that was after Vitor and Nog had already beaten him. Again, not a real impressive win.

He did beat Randleman(17-16 record) but that was after he got thrown like a rag doll in the ring. And don't forget that Randy, Chuck and Rampage had all beat him first.

He took Crocop to a decision even though everyone else was able to finish him. Fedor couldn't.

Mark Hunt is a legitimate win.

Matt Linland. Come on, a welterweight? Not even a good welterweight.

Tim Sylvia had already been cut from the UFC when Fedor fought him.

Randy, Mir and Arlovski all beat Sylvia before he fought Fedor. Another unimpressive fight.

Arlovski was actually dominating Fedor until the lucky shot has already been cut from the UFC.

Werdum was cut from the UFC as well, and he beat Fedor.

He also got beat by that can Bigfoot Silva. Not just beat, he got owned.

Hendo, a 185er, stoned Fedor in the first round.

After Fedor was exposed as nothing more than an average fighter with heart his management team starting putting together can fights to "get his rep back up".

I mean lets face it, Randy Couture has beaten more quality opponents than Fedor. So has Chuck, Mir, Hendo Penn and Hughes.

Fedor's legacy turned infamous when he declined a fight in the UFC. He knew he couldn't win in the HW division of UFC so instead of being embarrassed he took easier, less paying fights.

There has never been a more overrated fighter than him. He has only fought one legit fight in his entire career, and that was Hunt.
You're looking at all these guys as how they currently stand. Big nog was at the top of the game when they fought and was on a huge streak. Cro cop had been dominate against guys like igor, Barnett, Alexander. Arlovski and big Tim I believe both left the UFC by choice for a big payday in Affliction and were still legit opponents at that time. Fedors definitely overrated, but the guys he beat were all legit at the time.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:25 PM #616
Tempted (Banned)

All the guys he beat had already been beaten by UFC fighters. He never fought a contender. Arlovski and Tim were cut, Affliction was paying them a tenth of what Zuffa was.

You just named off guys that were irrelevant then and irrelevant now.

Igor is 5'8" and had already been smashed by Rampage, Coleman, Herring, and Telegman. He was not a contender, he was a can who had a nice record because he fought paper bags.

Josh Barnett lost because of an injury, not the fight. In their second meeting Barnett took him 3 unimpressive rounds and Barnett was a one hit wonder against Couture.

Alexander has literally never beaten anyone worth mentioning. Not one single contender or champ.

The people who call Fedor the greatest fighter of all time are the people who hate Zuffa. They don't like the fact that the UFC is the only organization that legitimate fighters compete in and try to say that the "greatest ever" wasn't a UFC fighter.

I want the Fedor nut lickers to realize something. Do you understand why Fedor started losing fights? Do you remember when he started losing fights? It was after Zuffa bought out Strike Force and forced him to fight someone other than has beens and never was fighters. Since Zuffa owned him, they had no choice but to take those fights or don't fight at all. They were not going to throw another can at him to pad his record. As soon as Zuffa made him fight real fighters he was exposed. He didn't retire because he was old or broken down, he retired because he stood no chance in the UFC HW division. Instead of getting hammered any more he just quit knowing that he wouldn't be handed easy fights.

Then you have the Fedor nut lickers who try to squall about him "getting old", being small, having taken a lot of damage in his career, etc.

Dan Henderson is older, smaller(he fights at middleweight, Fedor at heavyweight), has had more fights, has taken more punishment and he still beat Fedor.

Randy is older, smaller and still beat ranked fighters.

Chuck is older, smaller, has taken more damage and KOed almost everyone until the end of his career.

The list goes on. His age and career are not an excuse.

Then there is the "small heavyweight" argument. Fedor is Lazy. Instead of going on a proper diet and training regiment to fight at 205, he just fought above the class he should have been in. HOWEVER. The vast majority of his opponents were actually smaller than him. He beat mostly 170-185 fighters, not heavyweights.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:35 PM #617
OoZoo
Work hard.

OoZoo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
OoZoo is for the Gunfight
OoZoo supports DLX Technology
I thought people would be done arguing about Fedor by now lol

Both sides give the same arguments every time to no avail.

His time is over so let's talk about someone else, yah?
Old 10-06-2012, 12:45 AM #618
sucka T.

anyone watch the fights tonight?

ThreadSavers®

http://www.ohnoes.org/

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=891102
sucka T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:10 AM #619
Marko34256

Yup, that guillotine Edwards sunk in on Neer was pretty darn slick. And the ref let Bigfoot land a 5 or 6 extra bombs on Browne. Solid card
Old 10-06-2012, 01:45 AM #620
Tempted (Banned)

As much as I hate Dodson, hes a beast. Bigfoot is going to wash out of the UFC in about 6 months. He'll be KOed by Carwin or JDS or Roy or Cain. He has no technique and is brutally slow. His entire career is based on his size, there will never be a fighter bigger than him to fight. But when you put a striker in there with him he is going to sleep.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:48 AM #621
iquadra
BucK NastY

Quote:
As much as I hate Dodson, hes a beast. Bigfoot is going to wash out of the UFC in about 6 months. He'll be KOed by Carwin or JDS or Roy or Cain. He has no technique and is brutally slow. His entire career is based on his size, there will never be a fighter bigger than him to fight. But when you put a striker in there with him he is going to sleep.
Wouldn't mind seeing Bigfoot vs. Struve in the future to be honest.

Proudly Sponsored By: Boneyard Paintball & Exalt
iquadra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:56 AM #622
Marko34256

Bigfoot isn't really even THAT big (compared to the other big guys). His gigantism gives him features that make him appear bigger on screen like the enormous jaw line. Brock is just as big if not bigger. And then Tim Sylvia was/is easily bigger than him.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:54 PM #623
pball72008

Bart :'(
pball72008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:53 PM #624
JoshGrrrr
@!?#%&$

Rickson Gracie seminar was amazing. He really can take something as simple as an arm bar from guard and totally blow your mind. He does it nothing like anyone I've ever seen. It's easier AND more effective. He's like that with everything. His version of the mount escape, kimura, side control escapes, etc. were all completely unique to him and were simple and extremely effective.

Great guy as well. Some of my friends took him hiking and went swimming with him at a waterfall in the woods here in town. Lucky them.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:52 PM #625
sucka T.

anyone else rooting for bonnar in this upcoming fight?

ThreadSavers®

Old 10-08-2012, 04:08 PM #626
Tempted (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sucka T. View Post
anyone else rooting for bonnar in this upcoming fight?
I think everyone is, but nobody thinks he can win.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:09 PM #627
Tempted (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshGrrrr View Post
Rickson Gracie seminar was amazing. He really can take something as simple as an arm bar from guard and totally blow your mind. He does it nothing like anyone I've ever seen. It's easier AND more effective. He's like that with everything. His version of the mount escape, kimura, side control escapes, etc. were all completely unique to him and were simple and extremely effective.

Great guy as well. Some of my friends took him hiking and went swimming with him at a waterfall in the woods here in town. Lucky them.
After what his Dad said what he did about Rickson I kind of lost respect for him.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:40 PM #628
nerkler

nerkler plays in the USPL
nerkler plays in the APPA beginner division
I feel bad for Mayhem. He needs serious psychological help.

nerkler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:12 PM #629
JoshGrrrr
@!?#%&$

Quote:
After what his Dad said what he did about Rickson I kind of lost respect for him.
I don't know what you are referring to.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:47 PM #630
sucka T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerkler View Post
I feel bad for Mayhem. He needs serious psychological help.
what a shame

ThreadSavers®