Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-31-2012, 06:14 PM #1
dangerouspower76

Has anyone else bought thermal profiler lenses from punisher paintball??

So ok i really needed new lenses for my pair of profilers and i have been waiting for the new thermals to come out. Everyone i have found says available for pre order still on there websites, except for punisher paintball. So i gave them a call just to make sure they were actually ready to ship and they said yes. So i ordered a pair of the silver mirror dual pane thermal. I got them today with my head band two days after order which is great. Just wandering why they arnt vforce packaged. They just came in a open ended plastic sleeve not marked vforce or profilier. They also say made in china and all my other vforce stuff says made in canada so im just a little curious and looking for feed back from anyone else that has ordered them?
(Note: i did call them and i guess there closed already)
dangerouspower76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-31-2012, 06:45 PM #2
dangerouspower76

heres some pics of the lense

mirror coating is not impressive or as deep as i expected.

Last edited by dangerouspower76 : 05-31-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:08 PM #3
Akxuhboutmeh
You can just..

No answer for you sorry. Although my Grillz also has "made in Canada" stamped on it. I do agree on the suspicious nature of it though seems a little shaky. Especially for something protecting your vision.

Id also be interested to hear what the deal behind that is
Old 06-03-2012, 10:44 PM #4
Brewer_NovaScotia
Skiing Addict

Annual Supporting Member
Brewer_NovaScotia owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Brewer_NovaScotia owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Brewer_NovaScotia plays in the APPA D4 division
hows that mirror coating holding up? i want to pick up some lenses but dont want them to get wrecked easily

NorthPort Warriors
EasternPaintballPlayersLeague 2014 Serving Atlantic Canadian Players
Foxball 2014 at Fox 4 Paintball

Bishop's University Lennoxville, Quebec, Canada
Brewer_NovaScotia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:30 PM #5
dangerouspower76

Used them this saturday and they worked great. Never fogged and theres no scratches. ( i did get shot in the lense) but thats only one day of use. Based off first day i would reccomend them. Ill post again after i use them this coming saturday as well for a more accurate reflection of how the mirror coating is holding up.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:36 PM #6
PXK24

I just ordered the clear thermal from Paintball Gateway, due to arrive tomorrow. I will have to check out the packaging.

Sinister Ops

Paintball Country
PXK24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:33 AM #7
1dayteam120

Annual Supporting Member
1dayteam120 supports Cereal Killerz 2
1dayteam120 donated to help Peyton Trent
1dayteam120 supports Team VICIOUS
1dayteam120 supports DLX Technology
That sucks looks like garbage
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...3#post81577793
Interested in selling an entire gearbag and getting cash now? PM ME I have cash
1dayteam120 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:12 PM #8
PXK24

I received the thermal lense yesterday. They came in a clear package, but there was nothing on it indicating where they where made. Hope to test them out this weekend.

Sinister Ops

Paintball Country
PXK24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:47 PM #9
PB_Popeye

I actually just bought the blue mirror thermal from discountpaintball.com and it arrived on wednesday. It was in perfect condition, wrapped in clear plastic and still had the protective plastic "sticker" on the inside of the lens.

I took some lens cleaner and a microfiber to the exterior to remove my hamm handed finger smudges and it cleaned up really well with no apparent negative effects....as it should.

To be completely honest though I love how it looks I'm slightly dissapointed with the mirror finish. It originates from the center of the lens and slowly fades toward the far edges eventually turning into the equivalent of the "smoke" lenses at the very edges.

The only other complaint I have as of yet is you can actually see the second pane on the lower part of the lens while wearing the mask. This is a minor issue as before I literally could not see anything except clear plastic but the change is slightly distracting.

It was slightly more difficult to snap in than a standard single pane lens but not so much as to cause issues.

I'm going to be taking it out in a couple of weeks. I'll let you know if I have any other feedback after that.
PB_Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:09 PM #10
keithstone66

I make orders from punisherspb and have been to the shop your not missing out on the packaging its for shipping reasons and my mirror smoke came packed the same way. when i ordered my boss bolt it cam in a zip lock bag with the springs and a print out of the settings which was very questionable. put it this way if you want the actual package go to the store.
keithstone66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:59 PM #11
dangerouspower76

Ya well lets put it this way. A company changing the packaging to save on shipping is pretty ****ing lame. I buy a lot off line due to where i live and have never run into this before.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:01 PM #12
Gyvanth
That Awkward Guy

Gyvanth has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gyvanth has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gyvanth has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
This is the first website I've seen in awhile that actually has the dual pane lenses for the Grill and Profiler masks, I've been looking everywhere for them. Seems kinda sketchy that they carry them though considering that every other major retailed doesn't anymore.
Gyvanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:44 PM #13
CousinVin
PMP's FOR LIFE

uhh... ANS has both. And i think I will pick up one for my grill when im done repainting it.

http://www.ansgear.com/SearchResults...=1&f-Lens=3555
http://www.ansgear.com/SearchResults...f-Thermal=3554
CousinVin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:41 PM #14
Gyvanth
That Awkward Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinVin View Post
uhh... ANS has both. And i think I will pick up one for my grill when im done repainting it.

http://www.ansgear.com/SearchResults...=1&f-Lens=3555
http://www.ansgear.com/SearchResults...f-Thermal=3554
http://www.ansgear.com/V_Force_Profi...hermalmirg.htm

Check the bold red text, it's been saying that for months andthey keep pushing the timetable back. 3 months ago it said they'd have it in stock in the Summer, now it says fall. From what I've heard, production moved to Canada where only the thermal clear are made.

It sucks cause when you do searches on ANS and other sites they still appear in the results, but then when you check the actual Page its MIA. On other websites they wait till after you checkout or until you directly contact them to let you know they don't have it.

Last edited by Gyvanth : 09-30-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:04 AM #15
CousinVin
PMP's FOR LIFE

Huh. Yeah i only clicked the clear one and saw that it was available. That sucks. Either way, its a thermal lense.
CousinVin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:26 PM #16
Gyvanth
That Awkward Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinVin View Post
Huh. Yeah i only clicked the clear one and saw that it was available. That sucks. Either way, its a thermal lense.
From what I hear, the single pane lenses are pretty solid anyway. Plus they're cheaper, which is nice considering I have to replace mine every now and then due to their tendency to get scratched.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:35 PM #17
dangerouspower76

The single pane lenses are not solid if you live in mid to high humidity areas. Here in maryland single pane lenses will fog like crazy after that coating wears off the first time you take a shot to the lense.

Havent been able to play as much lately but the thermals i bought have held up pretty well. Not top notch mirror coating but i got what i expected for a mid level mask lense. I would reccomend them if you can find them.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:50 PM #18
Gyvanth
That Awkward Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerouspower76 View Post
The single pane lenses are not solid if you live in mid to high humidity areas. Here in maryland single pane lenses will fog like crazy after that coating wears off the first time you take a shot to the lense.

Havent been able to play as much lately but the thermals i bought have held up pretty well. Not top notch mirror coating but i got what i expected for a mid level mask lense. I would reccomend them if you can find them.
That sucks about the single pane lenses :/ I've been using a clear dual and you're right, they work amazing. I guess you can say I'm a little vain cause I just want some mirrored lenses so badly; if I pick up one of the single pane lenses that have the chrome finish I'll definitely post about how it works. It's a shame that the dual pane lenses are nearly impossible to find now, it was a poor decision for Vforce to cut production of them.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:11 PM #19
young.vito

young.vito owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
young.vito owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
young.vito supports Team VICIOUS
young.vito supports DLX Technology
I inquired about the yellow thermal for my profiler thru GI Sports and they told me end of the month...
Old 11-13-2012, 01:42 PM #20
natepb96
Sneaky Sneaky

GI Sports I believe is in Canada, I don't know I could be wrong but I thought I heard that their manufacturing was in Canada.