PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-26-2012, 08:01 PM #1
anti55hero

has been a member for 10 years
Bio - Phil Veatch

Hey Everyone, just thought id give a little background on myself and what got me here!

I started playing paintball in 1996 for my 10th birthday, a pretty classic introduction to the sport, it was in the woods with old Tippmans. Like everyone who plays for any significant period of time, obviously I was hooked. Over the next 2-3 years I played a lot of recball whenever my parents would take me, and for many friends birthdays. I started my first team in 1999 and began playing tournaments, along with building a private field at my house where we practiced. That field eventually became the Uprising Training Grounds and was the backdrop for the majority of the Blacklist Media videos from 2004-2007.

Needless to say, my first team was a pretty epic failure in regards to winning anything, but we did develop a pretty close group of friends that went on to become a huge part of team Nurv. We played Pan Am, XPSL, and NPPL in D3 and D2 events up until 2004 when myself and a few others parted ways with Nurv after some not-so-agreeable situations. This was the original beginning of Uprising Nation and solidified the roots of what is now Portland Uprising. We started Blacklist Media as an outlet for recognition and spreading our "message" i guess you could say, throughout the NW. We played local Open Class events throughout 2005, doing very well and placing in the top 3 for I believe 4 out of 5 of them. (I think it was the FPS Series). At this time, we started playing a lot with a team called Shameless, this team has since went on to play as Naughty Dogs D1 and now makes up a solid part of Seattle Thunder.

After playing locally for 2005, Uprising began suffering. Many of the players were being pulled into other life obligations and myself, along with the few remaining OG Uprising players merged with a team called Amp'd, while I also started playing PSP Pro with the Naughty Dogs in 2006. Amp'd played D1 NPPL with for a few events and did mediocre at best. Ownership and players never really meshed well in that organization. At the end of the 2006 season, me and the Naughty Dogs parted ways and myself and Tommy Tucker (who was also a part of Amp'd) decided to rebuild Uprising. We then went on to play Semi-Pro NPPL for the remainder of the 2007 season, doing decent and making big gains within our organization during that time.

In the fall of 2007, I went away to college. I was able to keep the team together through the end of the NPPL season, but it ultimately began to fall apart throughout the off season. I guested with Nurv during my 2 years away while finishing up my Bachelors degree and before relocating to Phoenix.
Once I moved to Phoenix I was able to find a spot on Scottsdale Elevation and went on to play the beginning of the 2010 PSP season with the team in Semi Pro. Shortly after the event I tore the meniscus in my knee and was unable to continue playing while it healed (which took MONTHS!). With my great luck at the time, shortly after my knee was feeling better, I ended up tearing the capsule in my shoulder and injuring my rotator cuff. This ultimately needed surgery which I ended up having done in October of 2011 (during the time in between all of this I just practiced and played at local fields, but was not with any particular team, though I guested with Nurv).

In early 2012, I was contacted by the AZPPL to step in as head ref of the series. A series which was in serious need of attention. I was still not fully healed to the point of being able to play at all, but began working with the events. As time went on I started playing little by little and just a couple weeks before Phoenix PSP, I was asked to play with the Hellcats. Yes, this is the D3 team everyone thinks we are. I accepted upon the ability of the league to reclassify me to D2, which they did. I thought this would be a good reintroduction to the tournament world after a few years of injuries. WE DID TERRIBLE!! LOL. The team ultimately broke up shortly after the event, at which point I was also beginning to build Phoenix Contact with the help of Joe Vuica. We established the team with the future plan of playing pro, but had no intentions of doing so this early. We are happy to have this opportunity to represent Arizona paintball. Its going to be a tough ride, but the players on the team are determined to be as successful as possible and do our best to reflect AZ paintball in a positive light as well as helping to grow the sport as a whole.

Thanks everyone!
Phil Veatch

Join the SWPPL Senate - https://www.facebook.com/groups/200861693364334/

Phoenix CONTACT - Powered by - BOB LONG, VIRTUE, VALKEN, HK ARMY, SLY, GOG, CENSYS DESIGN LAB,
anti55hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-26-2012, 09:44 PM #2
ycpb

ycpb plays in the PSP
ycpb supports Cereal Killerz 2
ycpb supports our troops
wish you, contact, and azppl the best! ill be rooting!!

HOUSTON ZONE
ycpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:21 PM #3
f8al
BOOBY GT FOUNDER

f8al plays in the PSP
f8al donated to help Peyton Trent
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
f8al posts videos on PbNation
f8al supports our troops
Straight up with you guys the best of luck in the pro ranks. Can't do any worse than Mutiny did...lol
Email Me For All Your Paintball Needs

My posts are my thoughts and mine alone and should be interpreted as such. They do not reflect the company I work for or any companies I represent.
f8al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:59 PM #4
robertbaines
Northwest

robertbaines plays in the APPA D4 division
best of luck to you guys in vegas, the NW will be watching the webcast. (for those that are not in vegas)

Feedback
robertbaines is offline   Reply With Quote