Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-01-2012, 08:21 AM #1
PBShopSA

G1 Problem

I've got a Gog G1 which has had about 2 cases paint through it - then a problem started.

The marker makes a spluttering noise, bolt almost cycles fully, but doesn't get a full velocity shot out. Balls pretty much roll out the barrel as the marker cycles.

Have tried decent new fresh batteries already.

Switched regs, bolts/back plug and even the board - problem still persists. Thought it may be the solinoid, but a new board doesn't solve the problem.

Any ideas?
PBShopSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:34 PM #2
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

Annual Supporting Member
Danny96211 posts videos on PbNation
Danny96211 supports Empire
Since you said that you switched regs, botls, etc. etc. im guessing that the solenoid is the problem. Did you check the solenoid to make sure the hoses werent pinched or damaged in any way? Does the gun leak when its aired up?
Danny96211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:51 PM #3
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
Tell me this, did you unplug your batteries after you tested it, new ones ? Duracells or Energizers only, everything else is sub par and not even worth using. Only other I recommend are Energy Paintball and re-chargables. If you don't think brand named batteries make a difference, I recommend a mechanical semi for your next gun
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:31 AM #4
PBShopSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
Tell me this, did you unplug your batteries after you tested it, new ones ? Duracells or Energizers only, everything else is sub par and not even worth using. Only other I recommend are Energy Paintball and re-chargables. If you don't think brand named batteries make a difference, I recommend a mechanical semi for your next gun
LOL... I've been in the game 17 years! Tested it with Duracells and Energizers.

This marker just has me stumped.

I switched the board out completely, so I don't think its the solinoid or hoses.
PBShopSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:01 PM #5
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
Check to see if it has an aftermarket bolt. If it has a TechT L-7 problems have arisen with them in the past. There is a full article on this at IOG.com

If it has a stock/Firebolt, replace the o-rings and re-lube.

Also the bolt guide o-rings, inside and out.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:17 PM #6
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

Annual Supporting Member
hmm. so its not the solenoid then. Try replacing every o ring in the gun. Take apart the reg, repalce all the o rings and lube it. Then replace all of the o rings on the bolt and lube it properly. Next, replace the o rings on the banjo fittings. The problem your describing doesnt sound like an o ring problem, but if you replace them all then it rules that out as a possible problem. Have you tried adjusting the velocity of the gun? make sure you adjust the reg so that its at the right psi. Have you adjusted the dwell settings? Make sure the dwell is set to the right mode. Either hpa or co2. You should also check for any defects in the gun. Make sure theres no cracks in the breach or anything like that.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:11 AM #7
hzakarian

It might just be the bolt but first you might want to look at the board and she if that has any leak
hzakarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:07 PM #8
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hzakarian View Post
It might just be the bolt but first you might want to look at the board and she if that has any leak
umm... this thread was created over 2 months ago