PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-30-2012, 11:07 PM #169
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Empire
I hate all the haters there. "oh you use a pump you're a noob" "oh use an electro you're a noob" "oh you have a milsim gun you're a noob". Look, there's an a** for every chair, maybe he uses a Phenom cause he likes it. Or whatever. Wait til you seem him be a no-good dirty coward camper before you automatically assume he's a noob.

(Gets off soapbox)

Last edited by ElJefe13 : 09-30-2012 at 11:15 PM.
ElJefe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-01-2012, 08:34 AM #170
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by happykillmore19
first time i saw someone using a pump i didn't think much of him

now i don't care who it is...if i see the other team and they have pumps...i'm weary...they are rediculous makers in the right hands

1st time i've been out in proboly 7 years this year, i had a speedballar tell me i was crap, my marker was crap, and that he'd crap all over me

like thats suppose to get new people into the sport...i didn't even know the guy but he made sure to let me know how awesome he is
Lemme guess, he wasn't even really that good was he? I find that that is usually the case with people who walk around talking crap to people about how great they are

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:52 AM #171
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Anyone who walks around and talks ish about other people's guns at a field deserves to get bonus balled to death until they shut the F up, and most likely will be if I'm playing.

Seriously, I've only ever had ONE kid do this to me at a paintball field and he got his from me and everyone else he was talking down to. Talking ish is like basically asking everyone to light you up every game.

The only people who do this type of thing are idiots, and they learn very quick to not do it.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:44 AM #172
Gyvanth
That Awkward Guy

Gyvanth has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gyvanth has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gyvanth has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
Anyone who walks around and talks ish about other people's guns at a field deserves to get bonus balled to death until they shut the F up, and most likely will be if I'm playing.

Seriously, I've only ever had ONE kid do this to me at a paintball field and he got his from me and everyone else he was talking down to. Talking ish is like basically asking everyone to light you up every game.

The only people who do this type of thing are idiots, and they learn very quick to not do it.
Exactly. And in rec woodsball the gun you use isn't even a huge advantage or disadvantage, you don't really rely on consistency and being able to shoot ropes like in speed ball. It's more about flanking and positioning.
Gyvanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:31 AM #173
The Boys_Butcher
Leader of The Boys

My biggest grip is when some tosser is shot out, DOESN"T hold his marker up in the air OR calls himself out and then gets pissed when he is shot up.

Then when itís established he is out, he gets butthurt when a couple of bonus shots (mostly from some guy who didnít see or hear the guy).

Man up sally. If you are in the thick, a shot-free exit is most likely NOT going to happen. Don't be a sod and yell at the people, telling them you are out. JUST GET THE F OUT. If needed, go cry into your hug box, you bloody aspie.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:40 AM #174
ASCOFF

That group of 90% of the players that wait safely right behind the scrimmage line and never advance or get your back...
ASCOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:34 PM #175
Ian560

Ian560 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ian560 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ian560 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ian560 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
My least favorite thing is wasting paint on renters who wont get out of their bunker... having to bunker them and then getting hit by the 5 other people they are sharing the bunker with.
Ian560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:19 PM #176
TheMadMan

TheMadMan owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TheMadMan has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TheMadMan has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
To answer the question:

1. People shooting Hot
2. Long games where no one makes a move
3. Long time between games
4. People who overshoot others
5. Douches regardless of of whether they play woodsball or speedball

Now onto the other topic being discussed...

I think the issue is based on your field. The field I play with has tons of rental, but rentals tend to only play with rentals. Now there are lots of rec players as well of varying experience. The refs do an excellent job of balancing the teams and everyone has fun. We have fun regardless if we are shooting a 98c, pump, mag, or electro! I tend to use my speedball markers, but I play very carefully, I rarely (maybe 1 out of 20) hit someone with more than 1 ball! If we play carefully and foster new players, we all have fun and help the industry!

DM6, Ego6, Marq6, Shocker NXT, 2x Ion, Angel A1, Impulse 09, Prostock Pump, Tippmann C3, Spyder TL-R

William Liu Photography
TheMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:22 PM #177
byarosh201

I usually don't use too much paint in woodsball even when using my speedball gun. I can normally split a case with a friend and still have paint left over at the end of the day.

If you're overly concerned with bonus balling one ball it and play hopper ball don't bring your pack out.
byarosh201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:57 AM #178
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by byarosh201
I usually don't use too much paint in woodsball even when using my speedball gun. I can normally split a case with a friend and still have paint left over at the end of the day.

If you're overly concerned with bonus balling one ball it and play hopper ball don't bring your pack out.
Rarely, probably closer to never, is the shooter concerned with bonus balling. It's the person that's getting shot that has the issue.

As for me, I use about a full case every time I go for a day of rec woodsball. But then woodsball for me played almost exclusively on scenario fields which tend to play out more like speedball games. Plus a typical day for me is 6-8 games. Sometimes more if I get there early enough

On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Old 10-02-2012, 07:24 AM #179
byarosh201

I mean there's days where ill lay down ropes and such in woodsball but most of the time I prefer to just sneak up and one ball people. Only problem is after that first shot I'm found. Plus side is that at least if I run out of paint the sound of an open bolt dry firing puts heads down.
byarosh201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:23 AM #180
Dark Side
You will know the power

Annual Supporting Member
Dark Side is BST Trusted
Quote:
Originally Posted by byarosh201 View Post
I mean there's days where ill lay down ropes and such in woodsball but most of the time I prefer to just sneak up and one ball people. Only problem is after that first shot I'm found. Plus side is that at least if I run out of paint the sound of an open bolt dry firing puts heads down.
Then sneak up closer and barrel tag them.

07/08 Ego Vici Board
Dust Black ShockTech AutoCocker snatch grip
Dark Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:53 PM #181
pbkingofok28

I wish there were just mechanical scenario games every once in a while around here. It seems everyone has electros and they don't seem to know when to lay off the trigger. I don't mind getting shot a few times but if you unload half a hopper on me.......I'm going to knock your f*~king teeth in! I guess there just needs to be alittle more respect between players when your playing and there seems to be less these days.
pbkingofok28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:22 PM #182
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbkingofok28 View Post
I wish there were just mechanical scenario games every once in a while around here. It seems everyone has electros and they don't seem to know when to lay off the trigger. I don't mind getting shot a few times but if you unload half a hopper on me.......I'm going to knock your f*~king teeth in!
Do you honestly think that because someone shoots a mech they won't bonus ball you?
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:08 PM #183
htownseanthomas
R.I.P. SPACEBAT :'(

htownseanthomas is playing at Living Legends V
htownseanthomas is for the Gunfight
htownseanthomas has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
htownseanthomas has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
htownseanthomas is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbkingofok28
I wish there were just mechanical scenario games every once in a while around here. It seems everyone has electros and they don't seem to know when to lay off the trigger. I don't mind getting shot a few times but if you unload half a hopper on me.......I'm going to knock your f*~king teeth in! I guess there just needs to be alittle more respect between players when your playing and there seems to be less these days.
Dodging the swear filter is a no-no! Tsk tsk!

Just say ****ing. It looks cooler than squiggly lines and asterisks.
http://tinyurl.com/GearbagSale702

VegasXtremePaintBall, be there.

"Originally posted by "pbmink": You better dodgy that **** RIGHT ****ING NOW"
htownseanthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:19 PM #184
Angrypencils

The field I always play at has a surrender rule where if you are in 20 feet of someone and have the element of surprise, you yell surrender and they are automatically out. This is because I play at a place that more or less only organizes rec woodsball, and 75% of the people who play there are relatively new to the sport and a close range shot like that hurts like hell. So it really pisses me off how every time I do that, they light me up like no tomorrow. Learn the rules before you go out on the field... I was playing with my pistol once and surrendered four people at once, and they all turned around and started shooting. I got hit about 8 times in the span of five seconds or so, and it only stopped when the ref ran over and yelled at them.
Angrypencils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:50 PM #185
papitojr

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boys_Butcher View Post
My biggest grip is when some tosser is shot out, DOESN"T hold his marker up in the air OR calls himself out and then gets pissed when he is shot up.

Then when itís established he is out, he gets butthurt when a couple of bonus shots (mostly from some guy who didnít see or hear the guy).

Man up sally. If you are in the thick, a shot-free exit is most likely NOT going to happen. Don't be a sod and yell at the people, telling them you are out. JUST GET THE F OUT. If needed, go cry into your hug box, you bloody aspie.

Agree 100%
papitojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:02 PM #186
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
Quote:
I dont know where you play but even at some of the ****tier fields around here. If you clearly state that you are hit and then someone shoots half a hopper at you, they wont play the rest of the day.

Maybe its your own game that needs evaluation? If you are making someone mad enough they bonus ball half a hopper at you, you're doing something wrong. Either that or the person is a complete retard.
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:54 PM #187
pbkingofok28

Its manly at the big scenario events something like that happens and it's only been a few times. One instance I did report to the ref and once found he was asked to leave. Another was just adrenaline on the other players part. He started shooting ropes and all he could see of me was lower body so when I put my gun up and yelled out I guess he didn't see my gun up and didn't hear me. We're I play there's some thick forest so players sometimes over shoot when they don't have a clear line of sight hoping to get atleast one hit but often enough bonus ball. During big games there's always a few that just go full auto dispite the rules.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:57 PM #188
pbkingofok28

I don't play at fields often, I manly like to play on my friends property with other friends. It just seems more fun!
Old 10-06-2012, 03:25 PM #189
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
We're I play there's some thick forest so players sometimes over shoot when they don't have a clear line of sight hoping to get atleast one hit but often enough bonus ball. During big games there's always a few that just go full auto dispite the rules.
Actually that's not bonus balling technically. Bonus balling would be the intentional overshooting. If I am continually shooting at you through brush, or any obstacle, because I can't tell if you are eliminated then that's not really bonus balling

Quote:
I don't play at fields often, I manly like to play on my friends property with other friends. It just seems more fun!
I don't know if I agree with you here. I don't have any friends that own property with interesting enough layout to make an outlaw paintball game fun