Community Focus

Old 09-30-2012, 05:46 PM #1
Ragaroth
Bro

Ragaroth is playing at Living Legends V
Ragaroth supports Pev's Paintball
Ragaroth has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Exclamation So now what?

So recently I decided to get into paintball. I went on craiglist and bought myself a Smart Parts Ion, that came with some extras. Like the Max Flo reg. + 4500 psi tank.

I'm going paintballing on the 13th of October as my first time going to the field with my own marker. So I've really not dealt with anything other than them handing me my stuff, then me playing.

I haven't done anything to the gun since purchase, is their something I should do? Here's a picture of the gun for the sake of the thread:

Also the tank was "Hydro'ed" back in '09 - I have no clue what this means, do I need to go do it again? And where are some places I could get my tank filled, I feel like it would be more expensive at the Paintball park.
When calling the store is there anything I should ask for?
Picture of tank:

Any other things I should know before I go would be appreciated!

Thanks for all your help!

Last edited by Ragaroth : 09-30-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Ragaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-30-2012, 07:11 PM #2
Michael0196

you're fine on hydro, it lasts 5 years, after every 5 years they need to be re-inspected to make sure the threads are good and what not. First is there any air in the tank? If so I'd suggest airing up the marker and dryfiring (or if you have paint shoot a few) just to make sure there aren't any leaks. Next do you have an electronic hopper? And I'd suggest putting new batteries in the marker(better safe then sorry). And it doesn't look like there's a macro line so I'd suggest putting that in haha
Michael0196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:08 AM #3
Open_Truth (Banned)

Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Do you have a mask? If not, go to a paintball store, and try on some masks. you want a comfortable thermal lens mask. You don't have to buy one at the store, but if you know what is comfortable for you, you can check Craigslist for any that might be out there.
Open_Truth is offline   Reply With Quote