Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-22-2012, 10:06 PM #904
JordanJP
a11 ur sl0th b3l0ng 2 m3

Went to the no-kill shelter today and saw some of the most awesome puppies. They were all males, they'd adopted out all the females. They were all tackling each other and stuff, but there was a little one who was sorta playing and sorta not. I was informed that he was the most "timid" of the group ("timid" is in quotation marks because they were all super friendly) and that he was the most mellow and likely to be good with older animals.

I filled out their application to adopt (they apparently vet people before they adopt dogs out due to people neglecting adopted dogs in the past) and hopefully I'll find out if I can take "Woofenstein" home sometime next week.

Only thing is that he's not a Pit, he's a Staffie. Can I still be in the club?

OSST FDT: 10% on topic, 90% diary entries, 100% homoerotic
JordanJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-23-2012, 11:35 PM #905
paintballking72
Yummy! :-)

paintballking72 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsaddict39 View Post
Anyone have any tips on how to get my pup to bring the ball all the way back to me when playing fetch? She brings it back, but doesn't like to give it up, so she likes to try to get me to chase her for it.

The past couple days, I have been just waiting until she stop pacing when she brings it back then slowly walking towards her while saying, "Leave it," or, "Stay," etc. Most of the time she lets me get close enough to get the ball from her, but she still wants me to chase her.

Eventually, I just want her to bring the ball right to me and drop it.
I would be curious on this as well. I have more problem getting Rue to not just run off with the toy though. She usually chases the toy, and acts like she wants to come back and either runs trying to get me to chase her, or she just drops the toy and comes running to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Went to the no-kill shelter today and saw some of the most awesome puppies. They were all males, they'd adopted out all the females. They were all tackling each other and stuff, but there was a little one who was sorta playing and sorta not. I was informed that he was the most "timid" of the group ("timid" is in quotation marks because they were all super friendly) and that he was the most mellow and likely to be good with older animals.

I filled out their application to adopt (they apparently vet people before they adopt dogs out due to people neglecting adopted dogs in the past) and hopefully I'll find out if I can take "Woofenstein" home sometime next week.

Only thing is that he's not a Pit, he's a Staffie. Can I still be in the club?
Sounds like a good deal. I think its great for them to be cautious. Of course, Staffies are a breed considered as a pit. Atleast thats what I've always heard.

No pictures in here for a while, so heres one of Rue. My dad and I went to recycle some old appliances and she wanted to go. She didn't know it was going to be an 45min drive there and 45min back. She was sleepy on the way back.

paintballking72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:41 PM #906
sportsaddict39
santa muerte cult

Since I posted that, I have gotten Luna to give the ball back. I just let her run back, wait for a few seconds, then call her in a happy but stern voice, and she walks towards me with it. I have to take it from her slowly, though, or else she tries to get me to chase her. That's all I've got for now.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:46 PM #907
paintballking72

How old is Luna?
Old 09-23-2012, 11:51 PM #908
sportsaddict39
santa muerte cult

She's about 4.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:03 AM #909
paintballking72

Right on. I'm hoping as Rue moves out of the puppy phase, she'll want to play more fetch.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:21 AM #910
sportsaddict39
santa muerte cult

It's a toss up (haha). My sister's pit is about the same age as Luna, and she just runs after the ball, but doesn't bring it back most of the time. But, Luna's favorite thing in the world is fetch.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:25 AM #911
JordanJP
a11 ur sl0th b3l0ng 2 m3

In my experience, XXXX bull terriers and bull terrier mixes like to play "catch the laser" the most. lol.

Got a call from the no-kill shelter today. They really did call all my references (lol, most jobs won't even do that these days...) and said that my adoption "papers" were approved. I go get my little boy on Wednesday

I've already got some supplies, at least to hold me over for a little while.
-Food that has chicken/protein as the #1 ingredient
-two bowls, one for food and one for water
-Small leash
-collar
-toys
-Medium-size "box"/pet carrier so I can try crate-training with it until he's housebroken

-One copy of "Dog Training for Dummies" lol.

Adoption fee was $240 and that includes puppy shots (bordatella, parvo, etc.), neutering at our local vet, microchip, and some dog training classes. SO EXCITED.

Last edited by JordanJP : 09-24-2012 at 03:37 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:43 AM #912
paintballking72

Sounds like you are all set! And that is a great price for all of that. I think I have already spent that much, and I haven't even gotten to neutering or microchip.

Rue goes today, not sure what they are doing today. Maybe rabies shot so I can start her on the next training class.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:01 AM #913
JordanJP
a11 ur sl0th b3l0ng 2 m3

Eh, I was expecting it to cost like $350-$400 easy... which it did, with the food, and the supplies and stuff. If it hadn't been adopting from the rescue it would have been an AKC lab puppy, which would have been $250 easy without neuter/spay, shots, or training.

Still, I'm basically counting down the hours until I can go get him- gonna leave early tomorrow so I can pick him up right as they open and have all day to spend with him.

In other news... Underworld: Awakening is on. Kate Beckinsale nekkid in the first five minutes of the movie.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:41 PM #914
paintballking72

Quote:
Eh, I was expecting it to cost like $350-$400 easy... which it did, with the food, and the supplies and stuff. If it hadn't been adopting from the rescue it would have been an AKC lab puppy, which would have been $250 easy without neuter/spay, shots, or training.

Still, I'm basically counting down the hours until I can go get him- gonna leave early tomorrow so I can pick him up right as they open and have all day to spend with him.
Were you able to pick him up yet? I want pictures!

Quote:
In other news... Underworld: Awakening is on. Kate Beckinsale nekkid in the first five minutes of the movie.

Rue is going to get fixed tomorrow.. Have to take her at 7:30 in the morning and won't be able to pick her up till the next morning. Not looking forward to it.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:09 PM #915
sportsaddict39
santa muerte cult

I want to pictures, too, JordanJP!

Good luck with Rue's spaying, pbking.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:32 PM #916
paintballking72

Rue is back home. Doing just fine. Didn't even phase her, she is a little more clingy than usual, but I don't mind.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:03 PM #917
sportsaddict39
santa muerte cult

I was freaking out when I got Luna from the vet after leaving her there for a while. She was acting kind of funny, and not responding to my pats and whatnot, but she was just a little woozy from the anesthetic.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:58 AM #918
JordanJP
a11 ur sl0th b3l0ng 2 m3

Old 10-01-2012, 02:17 AM #919
Slacker04
I wanna talk to SAMSON

has been a member for 10 years
Slacker04 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
daw, great looking pup! Congrats on the addition

Gwen is short. Very short.

Edit: There were other dogs at the park that she played with, but she has this thing for Doxin's on the other side in the "little dog park." Unless there is another Pity type breed, she just gets bored.

UNIVERSITY of PITTSBURGH PANTHERS

Last edited by Slacker04 : 10-01-2012 at 03:14 AM.
Slacker04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:04 AM #920
sportsaddict39
santa muerte cult

Quote:
Adorable! Congrats! What did you name him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker04 View Post

Edit: There were other dogs at the park that she played with, but she has this thing for Doxin's on the other side in the "little dog park." Unless there is another Pity type breed, she just gets bored.
Luna is about the same size. She and I are at my sister's, with Grace.

Last edited by sportsaddict39 : 10-01-2012 at 11:14 AM.
sportsaddict39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:26 AM #921
paintballking72

Quote:
Good looking pup! Looks very similar to a pit/corgi mix that I was looking at before I got Rue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker04 View Post

She is really short in the front. Looks cool. My grandmas dog Razor is really short, and now getting kinda fat..
Old 10-05-2012, 05:01 PM #922
sportsaddict39
santa muerte cult

Just went on a three mile run with Luna (plus about .7 miles of walking to the trail and .7 back). Walked for about .4 miles in the middle of it because she was getting tired. She's currently passed out on my bed.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:15 PM #923
M3frontman
www.ranjerzproshop.com

has been a member for 10 years

this is Stella, she's 6 months old and 48 pounds. i've had her since 7 weeks or so. she was pretty much housebroken by 10 weeks or so and is completely accident free for almost 3 months now. crate trained, LOVES fetch, and pretty good with sit, stay, come, lay down, go away. putting in work right now on eye contact checking, speak, returning to sit at heels and general attention span.

completely turned my parents and sister around on pit breeds.

I see now, I see."
M3frontman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:45 PM #924
sportsaddict39
santa muerte cult

Great looking dog.