Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2012, 02:32 PM #1
shakeyjonez
In GOD We Trust!
 
shakeyjonez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: One Nation Under GOD!
Oh snap! Mitt Romney Tax Returns Reveal Campaign Damning Investments

Looks like Mitt's campaign just took another serious blow. As if his days at Bain weren't enough now it's coming out that he has been investing in some of the very issues his party is against. Talk about conflict of interest. Perhaps all the jokes about Mitt and China weren't jokes after all. The oil futures market here is bad enough. Much less driving up prices in China also. How much greed can a person have? Just goes to show if you want to know about a candidate, follow the money>>>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->Goldman Sachs


http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...6pLid%3D211410
__________________
Holy
Kids


"Love those who hurt you the most, because they are probably the ones closest to you. ― Nikki Sixx

Last edited by shakeyjonez : 09-29-2012 at 02:44 PM.
shakeyjonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-29-2012, 04:13 PM #2
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment
 
Tuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NH
Tuff is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Lemme know when Harry Reid releases his taxes and Obama releases his papers from college and law school. The fact they haven't, is even more shady than anything Mitt has done. Which is.....he's given a lot of money to charity.

What a horrible person Mitt Romney is, eh? Silly charities...
__________________
IrishMafia
Proud American
Tuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:22 AM #3
shakeyjonez
In GOD We Trust!
 
shakeyjonez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: One Nation Under GOD!
Charities aside, Mitt is gonna have a tough time securing the GOP base with crap like this hitting the fan. Much less the swing vote. He would have been better off keeping his returns a secret.

Fox News is even saying Obama is lame and that Obama has got this.

http://news.yahoo.com/voters-want-ch...190454791.html

It's almost as if he was hand picked to lose to Obama.....
__________________
Holy
Kids


"Love those who hurt you the most, because they are probably the ones closest to you. ― Nikki Sixx
shakeyjonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:30 AM #4
jamest91
 
 
jamest91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SoCal
jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
According to this article... Romney is a smart investor, believes in helping stop unplanned pregnancies, and wants to help stem cell research to increase life spans and improve life overall. Lets not forget that Romney also donated the equivalent of Obama's salary to charity!

Damn you charity!!!!
__________________
STAY GOLD
jamest91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:59 AM #5
shakeyjonez
In GOD We Trust!
 
shakeyjonez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: One Nation Under GOD!
Would a smart politician allow the press to get hold of his tax documents which disclosed a blind trust to invest American money in a communist country, during a recession, when he is planning to run for POTUS? Call me old fashioned but I think that's political suicide for a real conservative. If Obama wasn't an entrenched wartime incumbent president he might be able to get away with it. But even then it would be tough considering his past political failures against Kennedy and McCain. Sorry but I don't think Mitt's charity is gonna be enough to beat Obama's food stamps during this recession.
__________________
Holy
Kids


"Love those who hurt you the most, because they are probably the ones closest to you. ― Nikki Sixx

Last edited by shakeyjonez : 09-30-2012 at 05:28 AM.
shakeyjonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:16 AM #6
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-
 
Rampager2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: East Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
According to this article... Romney is a smart investor, believes in helping stop unplanned pregnancies, and wants to help stem cell research to increase life spans and improve life overall. Lets not forget that Romney also donated the equivalent of Obama's salary to charity!

Damn you charity!!!!
I must be missing the point here.

It wasn't that long ago Obama was only making 200k a year. It's his fault he makes less than Romney?

Am I any less of a person because what little I donate is my change at McDonalds to their little change jar?
__________________
Steam: N-Ur-Face
I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
Maktub

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:15 PM #7
Tin-Man
 
 
Tin-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Grand Portage, MN
Annual Supporting Member
Tin-Man is BST Trusted
Tin-Man plays in the PSP
Tin-Man is playing at Living Legends VI
Tin-Man supports Team VICIOUS
Tin-Man plays in the APPA D4 division
Tin-Man has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Tin-Man supports Empire
Honestly, every day seems to be a train wreck for this campaign. Why didn't Paul get a solid chance again?
__________________
#60 - PROUD MEMBER OF THE EMPIRE ARMY SINCE 2014
Thunder Bay Defiance Paintball - Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
Tin-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:13 PM #8
F1VENOM
 
 
F1VENOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
No one in the Republican Party likes Paul.
__________________
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:54 PM #9
shakeyjonez
In GOD We Trust!
 
shakeyjonez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: One Nation Under GOD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
No one in the Republican Party likes Paul.
Orly?

__________________
Holy
Kids


"Love those who hurt you the most, because they are probably the ones closest to you. ― Nikki Sixx
shakeyjonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:00 PM #10
F1VENOM
 
 
F1VENOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
By Ron Paul.
__________________
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:02 PM #11
jamest91
 
 
jamest91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SoCal
jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeyjonez View Post
Would a smart politician allow the press to get hold of his tax documents which disclosed a blind trust to invest American money in a communist country, during a recession, when he is planning to run for POTUS? Call me old fashioned but I think that's political suicide for a real conservative. If Obama wasn't an entrenched wartime incumbent president he might be able to get away with it. But even then it would be tough considering his past political failures against Kennedy and McCain. Sorry but I don't think Mitt's charity is gonna be enough to beat Obama's food stamps during this recession.
investing in a communist country? Tell me again how u own nothing that says "Made in China" on it. Tell me again how the US and China do not hold strong economic ties using national funds.
__________________
STAY GOLD
jamest91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:24 PM #12
The Ralpst
 
 
The Ralpst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff View Post
Lemme know when Harry Reid releases his taxes and Obama releases his papers from college and law school. The fact they haven't, is even more shady than anything Mitt has done. Which is.....he's given a lot of money to charity.

What a horrible person Mitt Romney is, eh? Silly charities...
First, why exactly do we need to see Obama's academic papers, exactly? Are we not trusting degree granting institutions now? Second, when Romney starts donating tons of cash to charities like Doctors Without Borders, I'll give him major credit. He does give a lot of money... to the Mormon Church, who then uses it to push for homophobic ballot initiatives and other overtly political actions. To me, this is not the action of a "charitable" organization. Yes, the Mormon Church does do some great things. It also does terrible things. Do we need to talk about the quality of the charitable donation along with its quantity? Maybe, if all people are talking about it just numbers and dollars.
__________________
"Ask a Russian engineer to design you a shoe, and he'll give you something that looks like the box the shoe came in. Ask him to design something that will slaughter Germans, and he turns into Thomas ******* Edison." - Neal Stephenson

Trauma'dOlive DM6 w/ Predator eyes
The Ralpst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:31 PM #13
rnauman821
I Ring the Bell
 
rnauman821's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 563
rnauman821 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
rnauman821 is Legendary
Romney was a **** candidate for the GOP however no better candidate was taken seriously.
rnauman821 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:42 PM #14
drgonzo
Half-cocked
 
drgonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnauman821 View Post
Romney was a **** candidate for the GOP however no better candidate was taken seriously.
There was no better candidate. That's the long and short of it, the GOP has nothing to offer anymore.
__________________
PUMPPB.COM - Pump paintball forums
HawaiiPB.com - Paintball forums for the state of Hawaii
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos | Droidtiles.com - NFC Tags for Android and mobile devices
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:49 PM #15
rnauman821
I Ring the Bell
 
rnauman821's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 563
rnauman821 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
rnauman821 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
There was no better candidate. That's the long and short of it, the GOP has nothing to offer anymore.
Ron Paul and Gary Johnson both ran as republicans and are better candidates than either Obama or Romney.
rnauman821 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:07 PM #16
drgonzo
Half-cocked
 
drgonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnauman821 View Post
Ron Paul and Gary Johnson both ran as republicans and are better candidates than either Obama or Romney.
No, they are not. Neither is a credible candidate.

A candidate is not just a person who has a political philosophy.
__________________
PUMPPB.COM - Pump paintball forums
HawaiiPB.com - Paintball forums for the state of Hawaii
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos | Droidtiles.com - NFC Tags for Android and mobile devices
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:20 PM #17
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-
 
Rampager2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: East Texas
Guiliani was a great candidate who didn't have the money or the media coverage to go any further. If he'd stayed in, that's who I would have voted for. No doubt about it.
__________________
Steam: N-Ur-Face
I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
Maktub

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:28 PM #18
rnauman821
I Ring the Bell
 
rnauman821's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 563
rnauman821 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
rnauman821 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
No, they are not. Neither is a credible candidate.

A candidate is not just a person who has a political philosophy.
So Obama who served as a state senator and part of a term as a US senator is a credible candidate? But Ron Paul who is a doctor, veteran, and has served in congress for 25 years is not a credible candidate?

Mitt Romney served one term as the governor of Mass. He is a credible candidate? Gary Johnson served two terms only because law limited him from running for a third. He balanced his state budget, eliminated pork spending at a record rate, increased funding to his schools, and cut taxes 12 times while in office. However he is not a credible candidate?

Stop it.
rnauman821 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:35 PM #19
drgonzo
Half-cocked
 
drgonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnauman821 View Post
So Obama who served as a state senator and part of a term as a US senator is a credible candidate? But Ron Paul who is a doctor, veteran, and has served in congress for 25 years is not a credible candidate?

Mitt Romney served one term as the governor of Mass. He is a credible candidate? Gary Johnson served two terms only because law limited him from running for a third. He balanced his state budget, eliminated pork spending at a record rate, increased funding to his schools, and cut taxes 12 times while in office. However he is not a credible candidate?

Stop it.
Short answer is yes. I mean you have to at least be in the ballpark in order to be credible. Obama was credible, obviously. Johnson and Paul are not, they were never more than also-rans. You need a substantial amount of backing to be a credible national candidate for president. Neither of these men had anywhere near enough. A good part of the reason for this is that both candidates hold significant extremist views.
__________________
PUMPPB.COM - Pump paintball forums
HawaiiPB.com - Paintball forums for the state of Hawaii
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos | Droidtiles.com - NFC Tags for Android and mobile devices
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:43 PM #20
rnauman821
I Ring the Bell
 
rnauman821's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 563
rnauman821 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
rnauman821 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
Short answer is yes. I mean you have to at least be in the ballpark in order to be credible. Obama was credible, obviously. Johnson and Paul are not, they were never more than also-rans. You need a substantial amount of backing to be a credible national candidate for president. Neither of these men had anywhere near enough. A good part of the reason for this is that both candidates hold significant extremist views.
... How can you consider Obama a credible candidate 4 years ago and not consider either Paul or Johnson equal if not better candidates given their past experience?

Extremist views? Such as consumption tax? How about balancing the yearly budget? Is revoking the patriot act somehow extreme anymore? Ending Afghanistan and ending the world police role America has taken? These are extreme to you?
rnauman821 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:37 PM #21
licence2kill
POOP
 
licence2kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnauman821 View Post
... How can you consider Obama a credible candidate 4 years ago and not consider either Paul or Johnson equal if not better candidates given their past experience?

Extremist views? Such as consumption tax? How about balancing the yearly budget? Is revoking the patriot act somehow extreme anymore? Ending Afghanistan and ending the world police role America has taken? These are extreme to you?
Balanced budget amendment is very extremist.

The federal government should pretty much always run a deficit.
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump