Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-28-2012, 05:15 PM #400
FyReFiTe051

has been a member for 10 years
FyReFiTe051 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
FyReFiTe051 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
FyReFiTe051 supports DLX Technology
In short, I don't care what anyone shoots, so long as it's me getting the first shot off on them
Advertisement
Old 09-28-2012, 05:24 PM #401
holson72

holson72 posts videos on PbNation
holson72 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyReFiTe051 View Post
In short, I don't care what anyone shoots, so long as it's me getting the first shot off on them

Cool story.
holson72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:36 PM #402
FyReFiTe051

FyReFiTe051 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
FyReFiTe051 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
FyReFiTe051 supports DLX Technology
too much reddit and paintball in my life. but back to the farm, people should just be blessed with any gear they rock, so long as the repect is there. I enjoy face-shooting spoiled nubs as much as the next gent, but I do feel a little bit of remorse after when they give me props for a good break shot. I can't say that I'm at a junction in my life where I can afford Luxes/Geos/etc due to my other financial responsibilities (mortgage, wife, and especially my wife), but my parents always hooked me up with whatever they could muster when I was younger. I'm just happy that I was introduced to this sport in the first place
Old 09-28-2012, 09:15 PM #403
byarosh201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06
How are you going to tell me not to make assumptions about you, which by the way I didn't, when you first made a very direct assumption about me?
According to you every single person in this thread is jealous. If everyone is jealous, it leads to a very educated guess that you might just be one of the people this very thread is about.

It lead me to believe you're playing a defensive card trying to hide the fact that you were given everything. Maybe at this point you buy your own stuff(congrats that's life) but it seems quite plausible that at some point in life you were one of these spoiled punks. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right. If I'm right I could place a bet on the fact that you probably wouldn't admit.

And your assumption that I was jealous in my first post wasn't even an assumption. if you actually had reading comprehension you would have gotten the fact that it bothered me more about their mouth and attitudes than what gear they are rolling into the field.
byarosh201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:16 PM #404
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by byarosh201

According to you every single person in this thread is jealous. If everyone is jealous, it leads to a very educated guess that you might just be one of the people this very thread is about.

It lead me to believe you're playing a defensive card trying to hide the fact that you were given everything. Maybe at this point you buy your own stuff(congrats that's life) but it seems quite plausible that at some point in life you were one of these spoiled punks. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right. If I'm right I could place a bet on the fact that you probably wouldn't admit.

And your assumption that I was jealous in my first post wasn't even an assumption. if you actually had reading comprehension you would have gotten the fact that it bothered me more about their mouth and attitudes than what gear they are rolling into the field.
Kind of pointless for me to sit here and play the "Yes you were, No I wasn't" game since you won't believe me anyway. So I will just move on.

I didn't call everyone in this thread jealous. I said to be upset over what another person possesses and/or how they treat that possession is a sign of jealousy. You may not like that but it makes it no less true.

The subject of the thread is why people get upset over noobs with high end gear. Simple answer: Envy/Jealousy. They want or feel that they deserve what that person has or are bothered that they can not acquire the same so easily.

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:35 PM #405
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
Kind of pointless for me to sit here and play the "Yes you were, No I wasn't" game since you won't believe me anyway. So I will just move on.

I didn't call everyone in this thread jealous. I said to be upset over what another person possesses and/or how they treat that possession is a sign of jealousy. You may not like that but it makes it no less true.

The subject of the thread is why people get upset over noobs with high end gear. Simple answer: Envy/Jealousy. They want or feel that they deserve what that person has or are bothered that they can not acquire the same so easily.
Perfectly stated. Oh, and did that guy just seriously try to say you did not have any reading comprehension? I believe it would be easier for all of us to comprehend if you didn't type like a 3rd grader on crack.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:33 AM #406
WildOne
Hmmm...

Annual Supporting Member
WildOne owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
WildOne supports Pev's Paintball
WildOne has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WildOne has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
WildOne is attending Decay of Nations VI
I moved to a new state a little over a year ago and i decided i'd get back into paintball. It is awkward walking into a new place wearing new gear and having people look at you funny, probably thinking "who the **** is this guy? Probably just a newb." When in reality, when i moved i left my bin of paintball gear in storage back home. I'm not going to drive 900miles to go pick it up when i can spend the gas money on a new pants, jersey, gogs, pack, etc. I had to quit playing because of college and being broke all the time. Now i have a good job and i'm single. So i have time and money to burn on the gear i couldn't afford back when i played before. I too started out with a spyder xtra > spyder electra > shockteck sfl cocker (which i miss soo much) > angel > timmy (learned to trade up pretty well from a buddy). Had my dye pants, jerseys, pack, egg all ghetto modded and i felt even at that point in time i was less geared than other people out playing.

Anyways the point is I have the money to completely deck myself out in whatever i want. And i can go out and play like a scrub everyweekend if i feel like it. Though i did buy some new gear, i didn't go out and play like a scrub and talk trash or be a douche. Kid, teenager, adult whoever it may be may just have the money (or parent's money) to burn, don't hold that against them try to get to know them before hand. If they act like a douche try harder to be thier friend. Like others said get them on your team. Hype up the next tourney and get them to front the cash. If you are older than them try to mentor them. This sport needs people playing and dropping cash, keeping that kid interested helps keep your local field open. Plus he could turn out to be a quality player after a while.
WildOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:14 PM #407
CJMiranda

CJMiranda owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildOne View Post
I moved to a new state a little over a year ago and i decided i'd get back into paintball. It is awkward walking into a new place wearing new gear and having people look at you funny, probably thinking "who the **** is this guy? Probably just a newb." When in reality, when i moved i left my bin of paintball gear in storage back home. I'm not going to drive 900miles to go pick it up when i can spend the gas money on a new pants, jersey, gogs, pack, etc. I had to quit playing because of college and being broke all the time. Now i have a good job and i'm single. So i have time and money to burn on the gear i couldn't afford back when i played before. I too started out with a spyder xtra > spyder electra > shockteck sfl cocker (which i miss soo much) > angel > timmy (learned to trade up pretty well from a buddy). Had my dye pants, jerseys, pack, egg all ghetto modded and i felt even at that point in time i was less geared than other people out playing.

Anyways the point is I have the money to completely deck myself out in whatever i want. And i can go out and play like a scrub everyweekend if i feel like it. Though i did buy some new gear, i didn't go out and play like a scrub and talk trash or be a douche. Kid, teenager, adult whoever it may be may just have the money (or parent's money) to burn, don't hold that against them try to get to know them before hand. If they act like a douche try harder to be thier friend. Like others said get them on your team. Hype up the next tourney and get them to front the cash. If you are older than them try to mentor them. This sport needs people playing and dropping cash, keeping that kid interested helps keep your local field open. Plus he could turn out to be a quality player after a while.
You're not 12 and you're not out there being a trash talking douche so no one probably cares that you showed up in all new gear to a field where they didn't know you. Everyone was new to their home field at one point! I bought myself a bunch of new gear for my birthday and went to a new field shortly after and no one acted differently to me at all, the majority of the people have been very nice at any field that I've been to. Of course there's always a few guys that don't know how to react to girls... but oh well. lol

Last edited by CJMiranda : 09-29-2012 at 04:16 PM.
CJMiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:26 AM #408
Dark Side
You will know the power

Annual Supporting Member
Dark Side is BST Trusted
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJMiranda View Post
. Of course there's always a few guys that don't know how to react to girls... but oh well. lol
Most guys never do.

07/08 Ego Vici Board
Dust Black ShockTech AutoCocker snatch grip
Dark Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:31 PM #409
archerpb2013

archerpb2013 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
archerpb2013 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
archerpb2013 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
^ The reaction....... sorry off topic but i couldn't help it....
archerpb2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:20 PM #410
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

From the PBN Facebook page, I couldn't resist...

SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:32 PM #411
htownseanthomas
R.I.P. SPACEBAT :'(

htownseanthomas is playing at Living Legends V
htownseanthomas is for the Gunfight
htownseanthomas has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
htownseanthomas has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
htownseanthomas is attending Decay of Nations VI
My dad laughed his *** off when I showed him the price tag on a Spyder E99. So I sold my skateboards and my sisters playstation and bought it my damn self. Then he didn't care, because I "wasted" my own money. 9 years later I'm still playing, trading, and upgrading guns I've bought myself.

My dad still thinks it's a joke when I ask for something shiny for my birthday. I'm 23, and just turned at the end of September. I showed him some cleats that I wanted and he just stared at me. My parents bought me a box of Frosted Flakes and a gallon of milk instead.
http://tinyurl.com/GearbagSale702

VegasXtremePaintBall, be there.

"Originally posted by "pbmink": You better dodgy that **** RIGHT ****ING NOW"
htownseanthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:14 PM #412
crich775
Infinite Focus Media

crich775 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
crich775 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
crich775 plays in the APPA D5 division
crich775 supports DLX Technology
I have no problem with a 12 year old kid with brand new gear, I know plenty of them, I come from a more "well to do" place than some, and they usually all show up after xmas/birthday. Most of them are just like any other kid, wanting to play and asking questions and learning.
Its the ones that assume they are better than you that I hate.
Then again thats why I always bring a 'mag or 'cocker to the field, shooting bratty kids is a lot of fun when your gun is older than they are. Plus some of them get a kick out of shooting a 'cocker when they are young enough to have no idea what it is.
crich775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:52 AM #413
Idaballa

Idaballa owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
These kids aren't to blame... Heck I remember showing up for my first real day of paintball in brand new Angel Joy Division gear with two highly upped high end guns..... Why did I show up like that? Because I dug paintball, had been reading about upgrades and some such, and because I had the money to. I didn't think I was better than anyone there... but the other people there sure made it know they thought they were better than me because they played a lot with less expensive equipment.

That was in 1998... Fast forward to 2012 and am still around the sport. I am even considering checking out the new indoor in town... I'll now be the old dude with the archaic Bushmaster, Matrix, Timmy, etc.....
Idaballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:44 AM #414
Funky Mo Fo
Funky Since 1979

Funky Mo Fo owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Funky Mo Fo has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Funky Mo Fo has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
There's inherently more respect for the guy that shows up with worn gear and a early generation marker and owns the field. If a 15 y/o one balls me with a pump, I'm gonna give him props. If a 15 y/o bonus balls me 12 times because he can't take his finger off the trigger of his uncapped ramping Geo 3, I'm gonna be a little less cordial. In the end, gear has less to do with it than 'tude.
Funky Mo Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:20 PM #415
venarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by o5pr3y View Post
I've met a few kids who cna ball pretty hard, and own a Geo, or G6r. On the other hand, we've all seen, (more often than the former), the kid who just started and is wearing his brand new 2012 dye clothing and rocking an NT, or Luxe, etc etc etc.

Is it jealousy? Is it because it looks undeserved? Why is it that the site of this burns us so badly?

For me, I always felt they haven't earned the right/need to carry around such a nice gun. I carried around a spyder TL-R for 2 years before the Ion came out and I saved up for that gun. I'm always glad I started this way. I got a chance to learn how to move, snap, maintain my gun, and just appreciate the game. Something I feel the spoiled kids won't learn properly.

On teh other hand, look at most rentals have to deal with today. Most recballers are carrying out the nicest guns to play walk ons. Although I have nothing against this, and do it myself quite a bit, I can understand newbs needing the fastest guns to compete.
Because we feel others who get the rewards without the work are somehow cheating the system. It'd be different if they worked weekends and saved up for it themselves...

But on the flip side...

I kinda enjoy those kids, because I know they "skipped" over the actual learning curve of paintball/tactical play, and rely upon the wall of paint theory...

To me they are an easier opponent to out-think/ out-maneuver.
Autococker (built from scratch myself back in the day!)
venarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:27 PM #416
Ilovepaintballpb

I'm fine with kids with the newest gear but I hate it when they talk **** and they suck. Just yesterday I saw this kid with a luxe who was about 12 and hes talking crap to me and my friends just because we don't have his gear. I own an ego 08 my friends own a mini and a fusion fx but we still ended up beating his team and the kid with the luxe called himself out because he got scared its just like wow
Ilovepaintballpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:32 PM #417
oLlmas-_-

oLlmas-_- has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
oLlmas-_- has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
oLlmas-_- has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
oLlmas-_- is attending Decay of Nations VI
frikin spoiled kids, im a kid and i have to pay for all my stuff my parents hate pb
Old 10-23-2012, 06:51 PM #418
Funky Mo Fo
Funky Since 1979

Funky Mo Fo owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Funky Mo Fo has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Funky Mo Fo has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by oLlmas-_-
frikin spoiled kids, im a kid and i have to pay for all my stuff my parents hate pb
Tell your parents that if you can't play PB you'll probably do drugs instead. Your parents don't want you to do drugs, do they?
Dragon G6R
Funky Mo Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:33 PM #419
xbilbo

I'm one of those newbies when it comes to paintball. I just recently started to get in to it and plan on buying my own equipment soon. I'm goin to look into buying some nicer gear as a starter because I am starting to love the game. More importantly, I love to compete. I don't think I am better by any means than anyone because of the equipment. But my like for the game is causing me to buy nicer things for it. That and to be a competitor when I'm out there having fun.
xbilbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:17 AM #420
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Mo Fo View Post
Tell your parents that if you can't play PB you'll probably do drugs instead. Your parents don't want you to do drugs, do they?
I'm hoping this was just a joke and that you didn't mean that seriously

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote