Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-26-2012, 09:34 AM #1
RangaMan

G6R Leaking around trigger

My G6R started to leak air around the trigger and grips, so i removed the grips to see if i could tell where the air was coming from with little luck.
I then removed the trigger and can tell the air is leaking some where near there.

*I removed the grip frame from the body, checked and lubed the o-rings there and put it back together and it still leaks.

* I removed the grip frame from the body, replaced and lubed the o-rings there and put it back together and it still leaks.

* Remove the grip frame again and split the marker body in two and check the two orings between and lubed them too and it still has the leak.

*Pull the G6R to bits and removed the noid to check for more orings to check and lube. Put it all back to together and still leaks.

* I doubt it is the solenoid as i check it for any air leaks and the air seems to come from the trigger area.

The leak does stop if i zero my LP reg so i take it the air is making it to the LP and the problem might be on the way back but i haven't been able to find a Air flow diagram of the G6R so i can trace the flow and work out the point of failure.

Any other idea i could try to fix this leak, have trolled the forums for anything related to G6Rs and leaks but non have solved the problem and replacing every oring seems to be overkill to me. Not keen to send it back to Bob Long as Australian Law for paintball markers sux, i can get it out of the country but it might not make it back in (even with the right paperwork). Hopefully Gamer565 might have some wisdom to share on this matter
RangaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-26-2012, 10:46 AM #2
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
Check to see if your LP is too low.. i had an issue that my lp was too low and the poppet would stay forward always releasing air.

Also, check your hose to see if that's funky at all.
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:17 PM #3
Super69ur
Silly Hats Only

replace every oring... cheaper then mailing it.

Look at your comment. Back to mine. Back to yours NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate crap it could LOOK like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through the comments, finding the ones that your comment could look like. Back at mine, what is it? It's a highly effective counter-troll. Look again, MY COMMENT IS NOW DIAMONDS.
Super69ur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:25 PM #4
martix_agent
I'm out of creativity

Annual Supporting Member
martix_agent is playing at Living Legends VII
martix_agent is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
even if the orings look good, replace them
martix_agent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:22 PM #5
RangaMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblindchicken View Post
Also, check your hose to see if that's funky at all.
How do i check to see if it is funky ??? When i saw it last to was clean and clear expect for some grease on either end of the hose.
RangaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:42 PM #6
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
Just check to make sure the ends of the hose don't seem to be damaged anyway or stretched out from over pressurization/failure.
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote